Video discussion about Lamar Jackson everyone should watch

How did Jackson do in class? I read straight a’s in high school but haven’t seen any college info. I believe watson graduated. 

Jackson is my third best qb in this draft and has a very good chance if he gets a smart coach like Pederson.

I'd be okay with jackson as long as we dont move up to get him. If he's there at 21 or 22 than hey i'll take it. But i'd really prefer to see Baker Mayfield. I just like his attitude & his accuracy numbers have gone up every year ive seen. Not to mention dude has a cannon for an arm. His velocity is good which in the cold & windy weather here in Buffalo will be really important for cutting thru the wind. But if we get Jackson, putting him with Daboll & running the system he's familiar with, i'll still be happy with it.

I mean with drafting only what is it, 3 qb's in the 1st round in the past 20 years, i'll take anything at this point. I really wanted Mahomes or Watson last year & wish we wouldve gotten our qb then, but now is the time... No more kicking the can down the road. I say draft a qb every 1st round til we get our guy... enough is enough..

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

really good video and points being made about Lamar Jackson. I’m beginning to think that this might be the very best QB this draft has to offer. watch this video and see for your self. Also just because you don’t like his throwing style or his narrow base is not a good argument. The results that are all that matters. He has the size the we crave for a qb and body type. Also might be the fastest QB ever. If this guy was white and played at Tenn he be the 1st pick in the draft. 

amazing post. most here won't like it, or agree, or even acknowledge the of essence of the topic, but it's spot on. thank you.

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree. But I do think his personal choice to play QB and not WR would be better respected if  he were.  Maybe just me.

This is a fair point, imo. Personally,  I think the desire to see him at wideout speaks to his extraordinary athletic talent rather than what it says about his ability (or lack thereof) as a QB. And I fully supported his decision not to work out at the WR position at the combine. 

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I disagree that the color of his skin has anything to do with most people’s assessment of him. Most people are siting accuracy issues, low velocity, etc, as issues, not skin color.

low velocity?

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I compared him to Cam because his size and how he plays football. Jackson mostly compares to how Cam Newton plays. Now if the way he plays the game was like Kurt Cousins I would have compared him to Kurt Cousins. 

Or Jamarcus Russel 

Thanks. He can throw the ball 60 yards on a rope, so I can't see that being an issue.

15 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Someone stated earlier that his ball velocity at the Combine was below 50MPH and therefore speculated that this was an indicator for failure in the NFL.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Someone stated earlier that his ball velocity at the Combine was below 50MPH and therefore speculated that this was an indicator for failure in the NFL.

Tyrod was at 50 exactly i guess, but he seems to have quite a bit of zip on the ball.  Arm strength is one of the things you can't really knock him on.  

That accuracy issue has been debunked. So many dropped passes he would be right up there as far as the other QB’s 

You can't debunk game tape.

It's nothing racial.  He, Allen and Mayfield are developmental guys, IMO.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

Well I will say this I think he will end up being better then Cam Newton. 

And I will add, even with his thin frame, he’s a helluva lot tougher than Josh Rosen...I envision that guy dropping due to his injury history...he is one concussion away fro “night night forever” imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

I love the certainty displayed by many of you.  I hope the Bills know more than we do, and that they make the right choice.

By the way, I just read that Lamar ran a 4.34 40 yesterday at Louisville.  That's fast, isn't it?  

Edited by TC in St. Louis
more information

4 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

That accuracy issue has been debunked. So many dropped passes he would be right up there as far as the other QB’s 

And if the other QBs dropped passes we're counted wouldn't their stats improve too? Also can drops always be attributed to the catcher? As am sure some of them weren't the b St of passes either.

Maybe I could give Rosen a pass, but I think all the other QBs in this draft are to some degree "project QBs" because they have issues that will need to be resolved before they can become top notch NFL QBs.  I think Lamar Jackson's biggest issue is developing consistent mechanics.  He has excellent mechanics sometimes, but at other times he gets sloppy.  That's when his accuracy slips.  I would not be disappointed if Buffalo drafts him.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meh.  I really like Jackson.  But I don't think it's racist to refer to him as a bit of a project.  He is a bit of a project. 

He's done some good stuff, and his WR didn't help him out too much, and there are times when his technique isn't right and he's inaccurate because of it.

What I think is racist is referring to Jackson as a project and Allen as a #1 pick. 

Allen is a project x2.  He's inaccurate at times for reasons I can't pick up.  If you can't pick it up, you can't fix it.  I doubt me some me on that topic, but I've also read some pretty good draft analysts saying as much.

Jackson is not the best QB in the draft - looking at nothing else (height etc), that might be Mayfield or that might be Rosen (depending upon how you weight things).

But I'd be happy if we were able to give Jackson a shot.

Now, repeatedly asking him to work out or change positions or what have you at WR that's just wrong.

So what do you think of Allen's accuracy issues and where do you have him ranked?

I actually feel Allen is a more accurate passer than Jackson. Saying that I think Allen does a very poor job reading defences and that is also a fatal flaw. I have him as my QB 5 or 6. Still trying to figure out if Rudolph is a better prospect than him. 

I am not saying Jackson won't be able to have some success as a QB. His running ability is the best I have ever seen from the QB position and he does have the ability to make good throws. I think he will have success against bottom 10 defences but will struggle when the better defences take away his running game and force him to win throwing the ball. Only because he has very inconsistent accuracy. 

This game highlights a lot of Jacksons negatives. He makes a lot of wow plays as well, which is exciting, but there is no consistency with he accuracy. His inconsistency leads to a lot of mistakes. 

Edited by billspro

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

really good video and points being made about Lamar Jackson. I’m beginning to think that this might be the very best QB this draft has to offer. watch this video and see for your self. Also just because you don’t like his throwing style or his narrow base is not a good argument. The results that are all that matters. He has the size the we crave for a qb and body type. Also might be the fastest QB ever. If this guy was white and played at Tenn he be the 1st pick in the draft. 

Ahhh how I miss the good old days before the airways were littered with talking head buzzword rants. That was about as devoid of substance as I imagine any of the “Housewives” series or “The Bachelor” to be.