Video discussion about Lamar Jackson everyone should watch

really good video and points being made about Lamar Jackson. I’m beginning to think that this might be the very best QB this draft has to offer. watch this video and see for your self. Also just because you don’t like his throwing style or his narrow base is not a good argument. The results that are all that matters. He has the size the we crave for a qb and body type. Also might be the fastest QB ever. If this guy was white and played at Tenn he be the 1st pick in the draft. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

But he is a good passer you just don’t like his throwing style. You can’t say he’s not a good passer satistics do not back you up. 

I don't want to comment on Jackson himself cause I don't know much about him... But, statistics don't matter when it comes to seeing how the player will translate. 

This idea of a racial bias against black QB's is, in my opinion, over trumped. It was all we heard when Taylor was benched and they used stats to prove that he was a great QB who didn't need to be benched, but us watching the games knew better. 

But he is a good passer you just don’t like his throwing style. You can’t say he’s not a good passer satistics do not back you up. 

College football is a very different game.  His throwing style, not to mention his actual throws, matter.  Against better defenses, his stats wouldn't be the same.

That said, I don't hate Jackson.  He's a 2nd to 3rd tier prospect that certainly has the potential to be a good QB.  He's just got a lot to overcome. 

8 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

. If this guy was white and played at Tenn he be the 1st pick in the draft. 

cut it out with this non sense. Color has nothing to do with anything here.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Accuracy issue has not been debunked. Stats are garbage if you don't accompany them with gametape. Have you actually watched his games? 

Well I will say these I think he will end up being better then Cam Newton. 

That very well might be the case, but since you mentioned Cam, doesn't he kind of debunk the idea that Jackson gets no credit because he's black? 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think his accuracy issues are correctable in the pros. Lots of people try to compare him to Watson and I just don't see it. I had Watson graded as a top 5 selection. Jackson is my 8th ranked QB this year.

I honestly would not draft him before the end of the second round at the earliest.

• Like (+1) 2

So, my initial comments were made without watching the full video so I would like to point out a couple things now that I have seen it. 

1- Whoever the non-simms guy is is reaching really hard to make his point about racial profiling. Black QB's have (at least the past 20 years that I've been watching football) been given every chance to succeed. 

2- When you're using Vince Young as your example piece, you're immediately losing. 

3- I stand corrected on my last point. Chris Simms is more annoying than his dad. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't want to comment on Jackson himself cause I don't know much about him... But, statistics don't matter when it comes to seeing how the player will translate. 

This idea of a racial bias against black QB's is, in my opinion, over trumped. It was all we heard when Taylor was benched and they used stats to prove that he was a great QB who didn't need to be benched, but us watching the games knew better. 

I do think there are drops of racism when it comes to African-American QB's in the NFL but it is not an epidemic like those who will cherry pick experts who say things that can be construed as 'racist' and run with it on Twitter, get thousands of retweets and replies, and spark rage that is truly exaggerated.

Example of the cherry picking: Los Angles Angeles phenom prospect Shohei Ohtan, I have read two different comparisons to him, and to who?

Yu Darvish

Why can't Ohtan be compared to Kershaw? David Price?

Are we seeing an influx of rage tweets from Asians going off about racism?

Nope.

The cherries for that incident, very similar to that of Lamar Jackson, are just not ripe enough to garner the RT's and likes and attention people so desperately crave on social media these days.

People need to calm down a bit.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That very well might be the case, but since you mentioned Cam, doesn't he kind of debunk the idea that Jackson gets no credit because he's black? 

I compared him to Cam because his size and how he plays football. Jackson mostly compares to how Cam Newton plays. Now if the way he plays the game was like Kurt Cousins I would have compared him to Kurt Cousins. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

I do think there are drops of racism when it comes to African-American QB's in the NFL but it is not an epidemic like those who will cherry pick experts who say things that can be construed as 'racist' and run with it on Twitter, get thousands of retweets and replies, and spark rage that is truly exaggerated.

Example of the cherry picking: Los Angles Angeles phenom prospect Shohei Ohtan, I have read two different comparisons to him, and to who?

Yu Darvish

Nope.

The cherries for that incident, very similar to that of Lamar Jackson, are just not ripe enough to garner the RT's and likes and attention people so desperately crave on social media these days.

David price has no balls. I'd rather be compared to Yu.

4 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Yu Darvish

Nope.

I guess my response to the idea that there's racial profiling regarding the QB position is show me one guy who missed a chance simply because of his color? I don't doubt that racism is alive and well (though highly overdone in today's world), but we're talking about a multi-million dollar industry where winning is everything. 

I grew up watching Culpepper and McNabb and never thought twice about their color. Vick will likely be in the hall of fame some day (would be a lock if not for his issues). Newton still has the chance to win a Superbowl and change his story. 

I know that black QB's are the minority, but I have yet to see any evidence that that has anything to do with bias and not skill. 

Also, I don't follow the NBA so I'm not sure what you're talking about. ;)

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

I just look at it like... if you want a conventional pocket passer... don't draft this guy. 

If you want to build a unique offense around his skill sets.  Then draft this guy.  

He very likely rushes for 800-1000 yards a year.  He's very likely going to be a monster in the red zone.  He'll probably hover around 60% completion percentage unless you add more screens... but i don't think that's how you would build an offense around the guy.  He really needs the most work on throwing while on the move, he always like fully stops and plants his feet.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I compared him to Cam because his size and how he plays football. Jackson mostly compares to how Cam Newton plays. Now if the way he plays the game was like Kurt Cousins I would have compared him to Kurt Cousins. 

Newton weighs 30 pounds more than Jackson and is 3 inches taller. Size doesn't match up. I don't know about playing style. 

Also, my comment was made more to do with the fact that if systematic racism existed against Black guys making it at QB in the NFL, How do you explain Cam Newton?

Edited by whatdrought