Some team at the combine asked a player if he is gay

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think questions that are sensitive should be fair game. NFL players are public figures and will experience much worse as a player. How they respond should be important. 

problem is you can't ask an employee that so it could violate federal law

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Remnants of the Neanderthal faction still in existence. If a person hasn't learned to adapt to the modern world and know what is appropriate or not at this point then they will never. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Doesn't this happen every year?

Phillip Rivers, who was drafted 14 years ago, said that teams intentionally try to get under your skin to see how you react to "adversity".

They inquired about Guice's mom hooking, ffs.

If I found out this is how the Bills are testing a player's ability to test adversity I would feel really embarrassed. I don't know if this is strictly illegal but it is stupid.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

These are the same lines of questions our own police force uses as a way to see how you react out in the field. The psychological exam for State Trooper would ask you far worse questions than these.

THIS. 

They ask these types of questions routinely to see how they react, not for their answer. 

17 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think questions that are sensitive should be fair game. NFL players are public figures and will experience much worse as a player. How they respond should be important. 

WTF, man, if you can't get in someone's head without being offensive, you need to Get Out More.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If I found out this is how the Bills are testing a player's ability to test adversity I would feel really embarrassed. I don't know if this is strictly illegal but it is stupid.

I agree.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

These are the same lines of questions our own police force uses as a way to see how you react out in the field. The psychological exam for State Trooper would ask you far worse questions than these.

What state are you describing here? What does asking someone of their sexuality or about their mothers prove? 

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Doesn't this happen every year?

Phillip Rivers, who was drafted 14 years ago, said that teams intentionally try to get under your skin to see how you react to "adversity".

They inquired about Guice's mom hooking, ffs.

Getting under your skin is one thing, asking if you like men or your mom is a prostitute, is something else.  If you can't do the former without the latter, like I said you need to get out more.

• Like (+1) 5