Reasons why we shouldn’t trade off our draft picks.

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

I don't believe my diction is particularly bad, besides why do you keep bringing it up? Must just be playing it dafe. Obviously you don't need that for Rudolph, if we don't take him he'll slide out of the first round you dummy.

And for maybe the 4th time, I dont believe a FA qb is our only option, im just saying we have options.  There's a small pool to choose from but they are definitely there. I could give you a million reasons why they're better options and you'd only have a stupid childish comment so why bother repeating myself. The fact you pick Rudolph as your third is hilarious!  I cant even begin to argue, i'd lose more brain cells than you even have fighting that war.  Rudolph= trash and he wont even get you 8-8.  Dolt

Yeah, it's horrible, and you should feel bad.

Ok, so let's hear your "well reasoned" options, Carhartt. Wait, I'll bet you're a Jackson guy. You fit that special kind of stupid.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Reasons why we should:

Image result for carson wentz

I think Wentz is a great qb and by all means worth the capital.  I dont think theres a Wentz in this class though and there's no sure things in a draft.  Which is why I expressed caution, not shooting down the idea.  

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah, it's horrible, and you should feel bad.

Ok, so let's hear your "well reasoned" options, Carhartt. Wait, I'll bet you're a Jackson guy. You fit that special kind of stupid.

Well I think Jackson is worse than even your trash assessment of Rudolph so you really missed that one. Jackson is my 6th so either you agree with me, or you are terrible at reading people.  Ill wait for the response. 

Wtf does Carhartt have to do with anything, anywhere at all?  You sound more stupid and desperate with each post.  

Edited by BillsMafia13

31 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Im a grown man, idk who you're calling son and kid.  You again didnt prove anything other than Foles had some bad year, which I did agree with.  Your witty one liners are hilarious dont get me wrong, but you're bringing a rubber band to a gun fight.  I just owned you up and down this post, which is why you're reverting to childish insults to try to win.  Such a patriots move to pull lol.  You did prove one point though, experience doesnt mean much (35,000 posts and no life) when someone younger and better comes along. Back to the loser table kid haha

I assumed that the "13" in your name was your age, or maybe hs graduation year.

I don't know many grown men who use "idk", "cuz" or "idc" 

42 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Please, son. Walk away. I don't want to hurt you.

1) Believe me when I say this. No one takes you seriously here, and I doubt away from here.

2) And how'd his career go before that?

3) Congratulations. PT Barnum would have loved you.

4) Well thank the baby Jesus we're not drafting Griffin this year.

Best of luck with getting out of .500 hell drafting DTs and LBs. We've tried that, remember?

Try and keep up, kid.

Boom. 

Roasted.

3 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Well I think Jackson is worse than even your trash assessment of Rudolph so you really missed that one. Jackson is my 6th so either you agree with me, or you are terrible at reading people.  Ill wait for the response. 

Well thank GOD that you're not a Jackson guy. Now I think you're just slightly less of an idiot. So who are your guys, hm? And what would you, in your self-immolating brilliance give up to get one of them?

Edited by joesixpack

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well thank GOD that you're not a Jackson guy. Now I think you're just slightly less of an idiot. So who are your guys, hm? And what would you, in your self-immolating brilliance fgive up to get one of them?

Haha look at this crusade you're pushing here, desperation is a stinky cologne.  And for maybe the 6th time, I dont have the answers, id be glad to give my opinion, even though im sure you will refute everything I say whether substantial or not. So glad you think im less than an idiot.  I still think Rudolph is the saddest and dumbest idea ever haha.  You killed any chance of being respected after that one.

3 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Haha look at this crusade you're pushing here, desperation is a stinky cologne.  And for maybe the 6th time, I dont have the answers, id be glad to give my opinion, even though im sure you will refute everything I say whether substantial or not. So glad you think im less than an idiot.  I still think Rudolph is the saddest and dumbest idea ever haha.  You killed any chance of being respected after that one.

So, you have (by your own admission) no solution to the ****ty quarterback play we've had to endure. And yet, you have the gall to criticize opinions on the means to fix the situation?

You're a piece of work.

20 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I assumed that the "13" in your name was your age, or maybe hs graduation year.

I don't know many grown men who use "idk", "cuz" or "idc" 

Boom. 

Roasted.

Dude this is a forum not a college thesis.  You guys are getting worked up over the wrong things instead of putting weight on the important issue.  SNY you look just as bad for agreeing with this dolt and his garbage trash talking.  

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So, you have (by your own admission) no solution to the ****ty quarterback play we've had to endure. And yet, you have the gall to criticize opinions on the means to fix the situation?

You're a piece of work.

Noooo of course im not saying I have the answers, just stating yours are much more incorrect.  Isn't it obvious to state we dont have the answers?  Thats why you shout in here all day because no one respectable will listen to you in the real world, and McBeane arent calling for your opinion. The gall oh my goodness the gall! Maybe im just better at pointing out why you're more wrong than not, instead of me being right.  oh well

Edited by BillsMafia13

10 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Noooo of course im not saying I have the answers, just stating yours are much more incorrect.  Isn't it obvious to state we dont have the answers?  Thats why you you shout in here all day because no one respectable will listen to you in the real world, and McBeane arent calling for your opinion. The gall oh my goodness the gall! Maybe im just better at pointing out why you're more wrong than not, instead of me being right.  oh well

:rolleyes:

How would anyone know what your answers are when you haven't provided any? You stepped into this thread, agreed with the OP, then declared yourself the winner of a debate.

The Vikes are so stacked with talent that it does not matter if Sam Bradford, Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater start for them.  They also have $47 million in cap room.  I would like to see the Bills this stacked.  And if Buffalo keeps all it's picks, drafts Lamar at 21, and then fix oline, dline, linebackers wr with 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, and 5, a qb battle between Tyrod, Lamar, and Peterman- I am down!

Edited by Pete

15 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Dude this is a forum not a college thesis.  You guys are getting worked up over the wrong things instead of putting weight on the important issue.  SNY you look just as bad for agreeing with this dolt and his garbage trash talking.  

Noooo of course im not saying I have the answers, just stating yours are much more incorrect.  Isn't it obvious to state we dont have the answers?  Thats why you shout in here all day because no one respectable will listen to you in the real world, and McBeane arent calling for your opinion. The gall oh my goodness the gall! Maybe im just better at pointing out why you're more wrong than not, instead of me being right.  oh well

So agreeing with him makes me an idiot in this case?

Is that because his opinion differs from yours?

Honestly, I don't necessarily agree with all his QB statements here, but I do agree with the fact that he gives his reasoning, and most of it has some form of logical basis.

You, on the other hand, are just calling him a moron and telling him he's wrong, but then not giving any actual substance as to why you feel this way, or any actual response to direct questions he asked you.

And no, it's not a college thesis, but the fact that you claim to be an adult, yet use the same shorthand texting abbreviations and sentence structure as a middle school girl, makes it hard to take you seriously.

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

How would anyone know what your answers are when you haven't provided any? You stepped into this thread, agreed with the OP, then declared yourself the winner of a debate.

I just said the same thing haha

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Guy below me had a shining example. Minne built a monster through the draft and are only going to get richer if they get cousins. Jacksonville built a monster but theres one thing holding them back, oh ya an over drafted qb who is an anchor.  

Dream scenario, we trade Cordy and  Tryod, clear up some cap space and sign cousins.  Worst case hes an average qb who we at least count on to not lose us games.  Berate me for this but id much rather over spend on Cousins and use our  5 picks in the top 100 to build around cousins the next 5 years.  Id rather risk an ungodly amount of money on a proven and reliable qb than risk the entire draft on a rookie while our overall roster suffers.  Foles contract is 5 years 25 mil, and I fully believe hes an upgrade over Tyrod (which isnt saying much). If we upgrade to a better qb for cheap and still keep most of our draft picks, after making the playoffs it sure seems like a win to me. Thats how you express articulate an opinion Joe, not just "oh ur stupid if you like foles".

Let me be clear, I am all for trading up and getting our future qb, im not a one trick pony like you has no base for his opinion.

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

Guy below me had a shining example. Minne built a monster through the draft and are only going to get richer if they get cousins. Jacksonville built a monster but theres one thing holding them back, oh ya an over drafted qb who is an anchor.  

Dream scenario, we trade Cordy and  Tryod, clear up some cap space and sign cousins.  Worst case hes an average qb who we at least count on to not lose us games.  Berate me for this but id much rather over spend on Cousins and use our  5 picks in the top 100 to build around cousins the next 5 years.  Id rather risk an ungodly amount of money on a proven and reliable qb than risk the entire draft on a rookie while our overall roster suffers.  Foles contract is 5 years 25 mil, and I fully believe hes an upgrade over Tyrod (which isnt saying much). If we upgrade to a better qb for cheap and still keep most of our draft picks, after making the playoffs it sure seems like a win to me. Thats how you express articulate an opinion Joe, not just "oh ur stupid if you like foles".

Let me be clear, I am all for trading up and getting our future qb, im not a one trick pony like you has no base for his opinion.

So you think the Bills have a chance at Cousins?

:lol:

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So agreeing with him makes me an idiot in this case?

Is that because his opinion differs from yours?

Honestly, I don't necessarily agree with all his QB statements here, but I do agree with the fact that he gives his reasoning, and most of it has some form of logical basis.

You, on the other hand, are just calling him a moron and telling him he's wrong, but then not giving any actual substance as to why you feel this way, or any actual response to direct questions he asked you.

And no, it's not a college thesis, but the fact that you claim to be an adult, yet use the same shorthand texting abbreviations and sentence structure as a middle school girl, makes it hard to take you seriously.

I just said the same thing haha

id say you're dumb if you think im the one who is using petty insults to make my case.  Go back and look at my posts against his and you tell me who provided more logic and reason, and who resorted to childish name calling.  Im a college graduate with a good job, I have no issue letting spelling errors slide in here 

Just now, joesixpack said:

So you think the Bills have a chance at Cousins?

:lol:

The first two words of that paragraph were "Dream Scenario" . Are you really that slow haha? I mean it might as well be a big red sign, this just proves your focus is on taking shots at me rather than being pragmatic and constructing a good argument.  Looking foolish now mr roboto 

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

So a few things. In the NFL you basically have two options which is to build a complete team like the Vikings did and hope either a QB falls in your lap or a fringe guy like Keenum fits your system and is gold. The other option is to try and find an elite QB who would set your franchise for 10-15 years. Both can be pathways for success but the complete team thing offer 5-7 years of window at best before free agency and age takes your roster apart whereas while finding a QB is much harder and riskier it offers a far greater and more sustainable path if you can get a solid enough guy. Additionally have a competent coach who can get the most out of his players is another factor. McD took over a squad which truthfull was 6-10 talent wise and made the playoffs (yes they got some luck I know), whereas Rex couldn't take an insanely talented 2015 roster past 8-8. So how much your coach can do for your team also is a factor in how you build it.

The Bills have been trying the team thing for quite a while and you've seen the results from it. Now I think McD would be able to maximize the roster far better then previous coaches have and I wouldn't be surprised if their model mimics what the Vikings have done. At the same token the Bills have drafted exactly 3 QBs in the first 3 rounds over the last 2 decades (JP, Trent, & EJ) and never have tried a move to grab a QB up top and in general really have been trigger shy at that position.

Before the season but after the trades I would've said build the roster and use every pick you can to go the Minnesota way. But after the season my mind has changed completely. McD proved for the most part he can manage a C- talented defense and make them decently functional plus even if we move up he still can add players in FA & the draft that are too his liking so he will have more talent. With that this draft presents one of the few times you may be able to get as high as 2-3-4th overall pick because the teams there have QBs. Philadelphia made a massive gamble going for Wentz but it paid off in roses this season. Even if they would've lost in the divisional round the season still would've been a success for them and the Wentz trade would still look great. At some point you have to pull the trigger and this year Buffalo could do that while still having picks both in this years draft and 2019 which typically isn't the case.

After last season I believe enough in McD that if the Bills go for their guy he will be able to manage the defense well despite maybe not getting as many players in and the team can be competitive. If they move up and the QB is a success your talking about one heck of a team. If it fails McD showed he can manage with average to below average QB play and survive. I understand your thoughts on why not to move up and if they don't I wouldn't necessarily be upset more just disappointed to not take a potential chance this year.

Dude,  Guess what?  A QB can also leave after his initial contract.  That is pretty likely if you give up 3-4 top 40 players to get him.

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

The first two words of that paragraph were "Dream Scenario" . Are you really that slow haha? I mean it might as well be a big red sign, this just proves your focus is on taking shots at me rather than being pragmatic and constructing a good argument.  Looking foolish now mr roboto 

I prefer to deal in scenarios that the Bills can actually, you know, do. Cousins is a non-starter. You should know that, if you know anything. So that leaves your plan with Foles (who, by the way, the Eagles want AT LEAST a first and fourth for), or a Keenum who had a pretty good year...this year.

You may be willing to hang your hat on mediocrity (again, reading your posts is all the proof I need of that), but I'm not.

Swinging for the fences is better than not, any Bills fan should understand that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Dude,  Guess what?  A QB can also leave after his initial contract.  That is pretty likely if you give up 3-4 top 40 players to get him.

How many QBs that are true studs leave their teams? Literally Cousins is the only example and that is after two franchise tags thanks to the Skins messing up doing a long term deal. That never happens.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I prefer to deal in scenarios that the Bills can actually, you know, do. Cousins is a non-starter. You should know that, if you know anything. So that leaves your plan with Foles (who, by the way, the Eagles want AT LEAST a first and fourth for), or a Keenum who had a pretty good year...this year.

You may be willing to hang your hat on mediocrity (again, reading your posts is all the proof I need of that), but I'm not.

Swinging for the fences is better than not, any Bills fan should understand that.

Did you just say Cousins is a "non-starter"? I really dont know if I can get past that awful statement haha.  That mixed wanting Rudolph, who again stinks worse than a day old beach diaper, shows you're really dumber than a bag of rocks.  My hypotheticals might be a reach but your best case scenarios are plain awful.  Thats how I know you dont know anything about whatever you're spewing.