Sal Capaccio: Five Offensive Free Agents Who Could Fit the Bills

WR Paul Richardson (Seahawks) :thumbsup:

Richardson is exactly what the Bills lack in their offense - a down-the-field threat.  He’s also been very good at contested catches.  Only 26 years old in a few weeks, injuries hampered Richardson early in his career.  But he’s missed only one game the last two seasons and really took a big step last year in Seattle, catching 44 passes for 703 yards for a whopping 16 yards per reception (9th in the NFL).

TE Trey Burton (Eagles)
OG Andrew Norwell (Panthers)
OG Alex Boone (Cardinals)
OT Chris Hubbard (Steelers)

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll take Jeff Janis too!!! Cap friendly contract, plays STs, return man, size speed guy great #4, a better Holmes!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Richardson is such an obvious fit. He’s going to be in demand but makes TONS of sense for the Bills.

Probably $10M per 

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’ll take Jeff Janis too!!! Cap friendly contract, plays STs, return man, size speed guy great #4, a better Holmes!

Probably $10M per 

I think that’s in the ballpark. The Bills need a 1 or 2 though and it won’t be easy to land in the draft. I think that they can fill out the rest of the WR room fairly easily.

If they find Richardson to be too expensive maybe they try to swing a trade for a WR? I’ll throw a couple of names out: Martavis Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Willie Sneed, a GB receiver or Josh Gordon. I’m not sure if any (or all) of these guys could be had but it is worth picking up the phone.

Norwell is set to become one of the top paid at G. I'm pretty sure the Giants have his agent on speed dial right now. Richardson would be fantastic. I think the market will grossly overpay for him. I would still love Brice Butler if we don't get Richardson. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Richardson is actually getting $10 million I wouldn't bother. If he's that close to what Allen Robinson will get, I'd definitely prefer Robinson. Not sure Beane plans to spend a lot in free agency based on the Ivory/Vontae signings though.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

WHY would Paul Richardson want to come here?!

He wouldn't just like every other player would not want to come here.  We would have to pay him $20, maybe $30 million a year for him to even consider it.  I have done some of my own detective work myself and my sources are solid on this info.