Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

Josina Anderson Retweeted Josina Anderson

As of now Richard Sherman tells me he is scheduled to talk to Pete Carroll and John Schneider "over the phone." Sherman just added that phone call was expected to be "later" at this time. #Seahawks @TomPelissero reported on a meeting.

that Seattle "dynasty" sure collapsed quickly...

If they run the ball and the idiot Falcons just play Martyball in the 2nd half NE is 3-5 in the SB

Of course without 2 spectacular catches by the Giants they could be 7-1 with an undefeated season, so you take what you can get...

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I think he'll be released rather than traded. His contract isn't great, so, no one will want to take that contract on for a 29 year old CB with a decline in his play along with his Achilles injury. They would gain 11+ million in cap space by doing so. 

11million? No thanks. If he is released and wants to come to Buffalo than ok but on a new and cheaper contract. 

I think there's very little chance that he's a Buffalo Bill, regardless of what happens in Seattle.  His personality does not fit with what the Bills are trying to do.  They have completely purged themselves of the "me first" attitudes and wanna be divas.  To boot, they signed Vontae Davis to be the #2 across from White.  To boot, he's going to be asking for serious $$.  I'll bet that if he does leave Seattle that he gets something in the range of $40m guaranteed with $14-15m/year on a 5 year deal.  Just nope.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

11million? No thanks. If he is released and wants to come to Buffalo than ok but on a new and cheaper contract. 

They're meaning Seattle would gain 11 million in cap space by getting rid of him. Not talking about what to sign him for. 

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Yup.  The 9ers should also be the favorites to land Allen Robinson.  Pair he and Jimmy together for years to come.

I'm hopeful for Buffalo's future, but also jealous of SF's situation. 

I actually think Sammy Watkins is more likely to be in SF than Robinson.  While I suspect Robinson will have a strong market too, he wasn't playing at a real high level before the injury really.  Drops too many passes and very low catch percentage on targets.  Watkins I think will be seen as the more talented player in just about every measurable way and is coming off a healthy season proving the foot issue to be a thing of the past.  Allen on the other hand coming off both a somewhat disappointing performance and also a bad injury.  

I think Allen's more likely landing spots are Jets or Chicago personally.  But you never know, heck 49ers could sign both actually and could use both Sammy and Robinson as they really need WR help for their shiny new toy Jimmy G.  

But if I had wager right now, I would pencil Sammy and Sherman in SF, and Robinson in Chicago.  

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Raiders need a CB desperately 

Yeah, they are another team of interest.  Between Gruden there to take the Offense to a new level, some talent already on D and a good draft pick this year, it could make for a good fit.  Not to mention he first the attitude of Raider legacy.  

Still think SF is the team he ends up on, but Raiders certainly should be in the conversation too as a possible landing spot.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I always thought he was a real POS, that shot on Carpenter was real dirty and would want nothing to do with him on this team.  Wouldn't have wanted him when he was elite, definitely not now that he is even older

I actually thought that was a smart winning play.  Refs fault for not blowing the whistle when he had un-impeded path.  If he stopped, he would've given Carpenter a free attempt.