List of 2018 Pro Days

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yikes. Two decent teams and a bunch of cupcakes. 

If you put someone like Cam Newton on Wyoming last year (the Allen supporters seem to like this comparison), Newton doesn't struggle against that schedule. 

Cam Newton played with zero NFL talent in the SEC and ran the table to a National Championship.

Allen was just a guy in the Mountain West. 

I suspect Newton would've looked like a varsity QB playing with and against junior varsity players.

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

I suspect Newton would've looked like a varsity QB playing with and against junior varsity players.

Yup.

If you're an elite NFL calibre QB, your supporting cast shouldn't matter a whole lot in college. 

You shouldn't have to make excuses for who a guy played with or who he played against. 

Cam Newton had zero supporting cast at Auburn, but because he was a transcendent talent, he still found a way to dominate. 

Edited by jrober38

"He has a lot of momentum building in the right direction. I don’t know where he goes but he’s going much higher than what his tape suggested he should go." -- @BuckyBrooks

And there in lies the problem......

Like I said, he could end up being good.  Maybe he will end up the best QB out of the class.  But I'm sorry.  I watch a ton of football and I much rather take the guy that performs in the games than the guy that performs well in shorts against air. 

Will Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield be better in the end?  I don't know.  But what I do know is that I want all 3 of them....and probably Jackson as well, over Allen.  Give me the the guys that actually put some greatness on tape in games action.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Like Matthew Stafford?

To be fair, Stafford played in the toughest football conference - the SEC - and his completion percentage, yards per attempt, and TDs increased every year. He threw for over 60% his final season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
HIGHLIGHTS
Scouts and team execs got their exclusive look at Wyoming QB Josh Allen on Friday. See his best throws and highlights from Wyoming's 2018 pro day.

That was the lowest of lowlights I've ever seen.  Apparently not even the NFL wants him to succeed.

I'm not high or low on him but if that clip is of his actually highlights then the Bills better not draft him even if they think they can fix him in 3 years.

Edited by The Wiz

I just reread some reviews of Christian Hackenburg's pro day. 

Man oh man are they a lot like the ones being published today about Allen. 

• Improved footwork
  • Improved accuracy 
  • Huge arm strength 
  • Helped his draft stock

Then he got to the NFL and was a colossal bust because despite looking good in shorts his accuracy never actually got better on an NFL field against defenders. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

4th-6th is where I have him.

As do I. 

He has zero elite traits; a below average arm, no mobility, no experience in a pro system or under centre, no experience reading a defense. 

I don't see any upside whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 1