Daniel jeremiah mock has a key Bills message

DJB

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldn't be too happy if Mayfield gets into the late teens and we don't swing a trade for him.

If Mayfield gets into the late teens and we don't have a QB on our roster with the last name Rosen, I'll vomit. Violently.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Yet at the same time the kid has a less than 60% completion percentage and his rushing numbers are off the charts, if he did this in college no doubt he did the same in high school and pop warner etc. He was the 12th ranked duel threat QB entering college. Stuff like this scares me as makes me worry that they need to learn to change from a running QB to a QB that can run (in my opinion two vastly different things). 

List of offensive players from Louisville drafted since Lamar Jackson became QB:

*end*

Completion percentage and rushing yards were a direct result of him having to play a little bit of hero ball, playing with literally no upperclassmen worthy of being drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

making plays with your legs is highly overrated? You sir do not understand how players make impactful plays. I guess Kaep's plays with his legs against the Packers in the playoffs was pretty overrated. It only resulted in a superbowl appearance. Pretty overrated. Christ.

I guess Russel Wilson and Cam the 2015 MVP are pretty overrated lol. GTFO

Cam and Russell also had great passing numbers those years which helped propel them to another level.

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

List of offensive players from Louisville drafted since Lamar Jackson became QB:

*end*

Completion percentage and rushing yards were a direct result of him having to play a little bit of hero ball, playing with literally no upperclassmen worthy of being drafted.

And? Were any of Drew Brees team mates drafted? What about Rodgers' at Cal or even Alex Smith from Utah State? That's the thing when you start making excuses why a QB its shifting the blame. If Jackson was the elite QB everyone making him out to be he'd be in the top 2 discussion but he's not.

• Like (+1) 1

Jackson’s accuracy issues come from his odd base set.  He has a very untraditional stance and his a wrist-flicker.  He has an incredible arm to be able to make throws like he does without driving through his lower body.  I don’t know if it’s fixable or even if you’d want to try to tinker with his mechanics.  He is an incredible athlete and he’s going to scare the daylights out of defensive coordinators.  He’ll need to go to a smart offensive coordinator and we do happen to have one.  I’d still prefer Mayfield or possibly Rosen but I guess I can see the appeal.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Lamar's legend grows on this board and gets more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

Keep Jackson in the pocket, run a zone and render him useless.

These delusions of him being this prolific passer from the pocket are just that - delusions.  He is going to struggle mightily against NFL caliber defenses.

I've noticed this also and agree completely.    Bills fans have a way of talking themselves into bad ideas for some reason.

Even if the guy ends up being a decent starter in the NFL, he is not going to last much past age 30 unless he transitions from being a dual threat QB into a pure pocket passer.

Wouldn't you rather have a guy who is an above average passer that can run this team 95-100% of his entire lengthy NFL career like a Big Ben or Brady or Rivers or Manning(s)?

At best with Jackson, he is probably good for a few years somewhere between the ages of 27-30 and then fades away as his legs start to no longer be an important factor.

Probably better odds starting out with a guy who is a primary pocket passer who only runs in key situations where he needs a few yards for a first down and sees the opportunity to run for it.   

• Like (+1) 1

I expect Jackson to be available in the 2nd rd. He just does not have the vision, accuracy, mechanics or anticipation worthy of a 1st rd pick.. He has a high ceiling and is a gifted athlete but way to risky to spend a 1st rd pick on.

• Like (+1) 1

I've said this before, but imo a lot of mock draft experts are overlooking Lamar Jackson's potential fit with the Chargers at 17. 

I'm betting Lynn is pounding the table for this guy to run the same offense Tyrod ran with Shady 2 years ago. Jackson/Gordon read option= top 3 rushing offense, and with that Defensive front 7? That's a recipe for contending for a playoff spot year in and out. A true successor to Philip Rivers one year from now where Jackson can redshirt a year and learn a lot from. Just saying that I don't think it's a given that Jackson even makes it to 21.

That being said if they don't move up I'm fine with them taking Jackson. Can sit behind Tyrod for a year and get used to taking snaps from under center.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

The thing that bothers me about Lamarr is his lack of accuracy. I have heard it time and time again that footwork and accuracy can be coached up but it never seems to happen. Then I hear revisionist stats such as - if nobody dropped a pass on him he'd be 10 pct pts higher in his completion rate. For once why not draft a QB that is accurate from the get-go and can throw comfortably from the pocket. I am tired of bouncing passes off the turf, missed slants and passes that need receivers with 8 foot wingspans to have a chance at the reception.. 

Footwork and accuracy can be coached - sometimes. Not all prospects can do it but some can. The great Aaron Rodgers has a tendency to mess up his throwing mechanics. It was considered a negative when he was drafted. It just about gutted the Packer's season couple of years ago in a four or five game stretch if memory serves. When that happens his QB coach gets on his case and they work through it until the real Aaron Rodgers shows up.

Lamar Jackson knows what he has to do to improve his accuracy. Its up to him now to prove that he can do it. No guarantees but I think the evidence suggests that he can improve as a pocket passer. Given what all else he can do I think that makes him a first round guy without question.

16 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I respect Jeremiah as a talent evaluator yet disagree with his thoughts regarding Jackson, as to me Jackson is a taller version of Tyrod which to me not a significant improvement. 

If we had a taller version of Tyrod then we could get taller linemen too.  Its a win win.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

The word you're looking for is "fewer."

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that "less" instead of "fewer" thing bugs the hell out of me.  Just say it to yourself and it even sounds wrong.  

I'm high on Rosen - he is my QB#1 - but you are absolutely right on this point.  That is on my scouting report.  

Sorry I'm not a wordsmith.

Im trying to figure out how poster's talking about Lamar and "keeping him in the pocket" is actually a thing

LAMAR JACKSON IS NOT TYROD TAYLOR......they are both athletic and can run but that is where the comparison stops

Lamar throws from the pocket.  And he actually THROWS the ball.....take a look at his passing TDs in the short amount of time for crying out loud.  Stop being so lazy with your analysis.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mikie's Bills said:

I've said this before, but imo a lot of mock draft experts are overlooking Lamar Jackson's potential fit with the Chargers at 17. 

I'm betting Lynn is pounding the table for this guy to run the same offense Tyrod ran with Shady 2 years ago. Jackson/Gordon read option= top 3 rushing offense, and with that Defensive front 7? That's a recipe for contending for a playoff spot year in and out. A true successor to Philip Rivers one year from now where Jackson can redshirt a year and learn a lot from. Just saying that I don't think it's a given that Jackson even makes it to 21.

That being said if they don't move up I'm fine with them taking Jackson. Can sit behind Tyrod for a year and get used to taking snaps from under center.

So I had the Chargers trading back into the 1st in my initial mock draft to take Jackson. But as Yolo rightly pointed out the GM there is a Polian disciple and Polian has been as critical as anyone of Jackson. 

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Forget about Lamar Jackson.....is Rashaan Evans worth a first round pick?

Yeah.  He will be the best LB from this draft.  Can do it all and play inside or outside.  

6 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I expect Jackson to be available in the 2nd rd. He just does not have the vision, accuracy, mechanics or anticipation worthy of a 1st rd pick.. He has a high ceiling and is a gifted athlete but way to risky to spend a 1st rd pick on.

I gotta laugh when I read this stuff.  The guy throws for over 300 yds per game, runs for 100 plus per game, wins a Heisman, has a cannon got an arm, has the size ..... but he lacks in all these areas above. Come on .  Kelly had a worse completion percentage coming out.  

I would love to see him with the Bills.  He is twice the player Tyrod is.  Get him some receivers, a tight end and we’ll have a great offense. 

25 minutes ago, Loosh said:

I gotta laugh when I read this stuff.  The guy throws for over 300 yds per game, runs for 100 plus per game, wins a Heisman, has a cannon got an arm, has the size ..... but he lacks in all these areas above. Come on .  Kelly had a worse completion percentage coming out.  

I would love to see him with the Bills.  He is twice the player Tyrod is.  Get him some receivers, a tight end and we’ll have a great offense. 

I really don't understand how anyone thinks this guy is going to all of sudden be accurate go through reads. You can not teach accuracy and Lamar is well documented of having accuracy issues, mechanical issues, and an inabiltiy to dissect defenses and read a full field consistently

You say he throws for 300 yds a game.. Not even close.. 7 games he threw for 300 yds (actually 1 is recorded at 299 but I let you have that)  in 2017 out of 13 games. Of those 7 games 4 of them  were losses. So how many of those 300 yd games were deseperate throws against a prevent D.. and he only threw for 300 yds in10 games in his entire college career.

SO the guy throws for 10 300 yds games in his entire college career and 5 of them were for a loss.

I wouldn't touch Lamar until round 2 and even then I would hang my hopes on him

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 1