Great, pick our QB in the "death spot"!

2014 1 22 Johnny Manziel
2012 1 22 Brandon Weeden
2007 1 22 Brady Quinn
2004 1 22 J.P. Losman
2003 1 22 Rex Grossman

Use 21 then :)

18 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Blitz, I believe Lamar can start in Daboll's offense. I think the Bills are gonna keep Tyrod on roster until after they secure Jackson in the draft. Other teams are vying for Jackson's services notably the Ravens.

IMHO Lamar Jackson, when all said and done will be a top 12 pick. There is no way the most dynamic player in the draft last's until the 20's.

I too believe that Lamar Jackson will be a starter in Daboll's offense. Sooner rather than later.  I predict eventual greatness.

Whether one likes Cam Newton or not, he has been successfull because he,  more times than not ,has been the best athlete on the field.

McDermott and Beane saw this up close and what it can mean to a franchise. 

To top it off I like this kid, I think he is incredibly humble, considering all he has accomplished and his elite skills, he carries himself with grace.

Edited by Bag of Milk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

The guy at 69 TDs and 27 INTs in his collegiate career. Please stop with the "turnover issues"

.75 ints a game isnt good, I dont care how you slice it.  Youd also be correct on the Rosen thing, he threw too many for a high first round pick too.

Rosen also had way too many balls batted at the line for a 6'4 qb

Jackson's (lower) body combined with the way he plays scares the heck out of me that he will be broken a lot.

RG3 was amazing - for (almost) a season.

If I'm getting a running QB who's going to throw his body around I want him built like an RB (Wilson, Tyrod to an extent, Mayfield) or a mammoth tank (Rothelsberger, Cam)

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Bills have a conviction on any of the top tier qbs and act on it I will not be critical. If Lamar is the qb targeted by the organization then I will support a proactive action to secure their favored qb. This is the year to get it done. My preference is to take a risk going up the draft rather than being passive and losing out.  

I approve this message. 

after months of considering my opinions.

If Beane and Daboll think they found the guy, i am going to trust them. why the hell not honestly.
But of course i still remain selfish about giving up picks. just my nature i suppose  :P

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Possibly, but I'd still like to see him get accustomed to the speed of the NFL game before handing the reigns over if they do wind up selecting him.  There's also the matter of correcting technical flaws in his footwork that lead to some accuracy issues. 

those untidy feet !

Bills have never ever had a history of being able to develop a QB.

Hope is all i can have for this aspect. Was talking about this at work today

10 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Jackson's (lower) body combined with the way he plays scares the heck out of me that he will be broken a lot.

RG3 was amazing - for (almost) a season.

If I'm getting a running QB who's going to throw his body around I want him built like an RB (Wilson, Tyrod to an extent, Mayfield) or a mammoth tank (Rothelsberger, Cam)

fair point.
back to my Coaching point perhaps?

I always like it when people say he's "the next Michael Vick." Vick was not a good passer and was only average as long as his legs held up. If you offered me the chance to draft him knowing what he'd become I wouldn't want him 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I always like it when people say he's "the next Michael Vick." Vick was not a good passer and was only average as long as his legs held up. If you offered me the chance to draft him knowing what he'd become I wouldn't want him 

is that your honest opinion about Jackson?

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

So it sounds to me that Jackson is combination of Tyrod Taylor and a QB.  That could be a really good combination.  Taylor's running last year was held down by the OC and that was a shame.  There were a lot of first downs there for the taking but TT had been coached not to run for them, and ended up not completing a pass instead.  In 2016, he took those runs and kept drives alive.  But, regardless of his running, he just couldn't throw receivers open.  Last year he didn't have any good receivers but in 2016 he had Watson and Woods so no excuses there. 

If you can take Taylor's running skills and add the things an NFL QB is supposed to do, you've got something special.  This is how I read Lamar Jackson.  He could be the guy we need, particularly if we don't need to sell the farm to get him. 

I agree.  Another thing that happens when TT ran was that the clock was continuing to run.  A lot less 3-and-outs during those games

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

then don't draft a qb in round 1.

then how do you improve the future state of the Bills at QB. The thing about finding a QB.. it has become such a challenging job to fill. the hit rate is amazingly low.

But Teams absolutely must try.

Lamar's legend grows on this board and gets more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

Keep Jackson in the pocket, run a zone and render him useless.

These delusions of him being this prolific passer from the pocket are just that - delusions.  He is going to struggle mightily against NFL caliber defenses.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The case is both Jackson and Tyrod are exceptional athletes. As a result I doubt that they've never had to learn to fully read defenses as they can use their legs to escape pressure and make plays with their legs which is a highly over rated stat. I mean if look at Tyrod's rushing numbers last year, he had 427 yards rushing which equates to 28.46 yards per game played which to me isn't game changing ability no matter how good his total yard were compared to the rest of the league's QBs. I mean tag that 28.46 yards rushing per game, are we really going to say those yards are what put as at 9-7 last year? 

making plays with your legs is highly overrated? You sir do not understand how players make impactful plays. I guess Kaep's plays with his legs against the Packers in the playoffs was pretty overrated. It only resulted in a superbowl appearance. Pretty overrated. Christ.

I guess Russel Wilson and Cam the 2015 MVP are pretty overrated lol. GTFO

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Which means he might be another Vick, which to me still not a good QB. 

Yeah, I've seen several comments that made it sound as a positive to compare Jackson to Vick.  To me, Vick had one great year (2010 with Philly) and a couple of good years.  It was common for him to have games where he completed less than 50% of his passes.  He finished his career at 56%. His QB rating was usually mediocre (80 for career) and he committed a fair amount of turnovers.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Lamar's legend grows on this board and gets more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

Keep Jackson in the pocket, run a zone and render him useless.

These delusions of him being this prolific passer from the pocket are just that - delusions.  He is going to struggle mightily against NFL caliber defenses.

...just a quick question (and not a smart azz one) about your assessment of Jackson versus TT......I've asked if Jackson is perhaps an "upscale TT" with more potential in areas where TT falls short (ain't rehashing 67,381 posts).....is he an upscale that could be trained to adapt to the pocket first versus one read and run mentality?...is that where you assess him to struggle mightily at the NFL level?..............