Daniel jeremiah mock has a key Bills message

DJB

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I respect Jeremiah as a talent evaluator yet disagree with his thoughts regarding Jackson, as to me Jackson is a taller version of Tyrod which to me not a significant improvement. 

...agree that DJ is pretty well respected......but who the hell knows what McBeane/McD/McDaboll are looking for in their QB?....substance versus style?......discussed to death around here on both sides as to TT's substance or lack thereof......so is his style (ala mobility) acceptable and do they see Jackson as an upscale TT with greater substance that fits their collective vision for the QB spot?.....as of right here right now, prolly easier for you to give us the POWERBALL numbers versus figuring out what the hell they're thinking.......

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Seriously.  The “Lamar Jackson is Tyrod 2.0” argument is just dumb.  Lazy, ignorant assessment, IMO.

. The people who say that Lamar is like Tyrod are the same people who say that Mayfield is like Manzield. Stupidity at a double digit exponential level. 

My fear with a strategy to stay pat and select Lamar is that he might be one of the players who by the time the draft process is concluded could be a riser and not only be available for a team drafting ahead of us but might be a surprise pick by a team jumping ahead of us. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That all depends on what needs are addressed in UFA.  He potentially would fill a glaring need, but I'm skeptical about rookie WRs transitioning quickly to the NFL game in order to make a big contribution.

His size and speed does it for me. Also his character and work ethic. He was highly regarded at LSU, just didn't have the QB to showcase him. Has a Randy Moss type look to him.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Check out Daniel  Jeremiah  2nd mock post combine.

21. Rashad Evans

22. Lamar Jackson  - " I wouldn't  be surprised  if the Bills packaged some picks to move up for one of the other quarterbacks, but if they sit still  I could see them building  an offence around  Jackson  skill set.

Jeremiah  is extremely  connected. He's right down on the floor rubbing shoulders with our very own Bills management  and scouts. Obviously  many of us are hoping  this happens but to hear from someone  actually  in the know is very positive . 

(Sorry I don't know how to embed stuff and make it look all nice and clean, if someone  could  do that it would  be great ! )

Great, pick our QB in the "death spot"!

2014 1 22 Johnny Manziel
2012 1 22 Brandon Weeden
2007 1 22 Brady Quinn
2004 1 22 J.P. Losman
2003 1 22 Rex Grossman
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Please explain how this is the case.

ok...ej manual had all the tools but needed some time to work on things. tt sat behind flacco for a few years and got his shot....he just needed to refine a couple of things in his game...see also 3oc's.

lamar has dazzling physical ability,  but needs some work. is any one person saying he is a rd.1/day one starter?....ummm no, yet again another qb that can run but is a project that needs to work on the qb thing.

i this team takes him in rd.1, they deserve to suck for another 3 yrs. good luck with that.

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

. The people who say that Lamar is like Tyrod are the same people who say that Mayfield is like Manzield. Stupidity at a double digit exponential level. 

My fear with a strategy to stay pat and select Lamar is that he might be one of the players who by the time the draft process is concluded could be a riser and not only be available for a team drafting ahead of us but might be a surprise pick by a team jumping ahead of us. 

I fear the same thing and believe the Bills are gonna move into the top 10 and get Lamar. I believe Mr Pegula already signed off on the move after the interview process and the Bills are gonna give up one of their 1st this year and next year's first. I think the Bills are gonna dance with Chucky and move to the 10 spot. The Raiders will still get their LB at 21.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

ok...ej manual had all the tools but needed some time to work on things. tt sat behind flacco for a few years and got his shot....he just needed to refine a couple of things in his game...see also 3oc's.

lamar has dazzling physical ability,  but needs some work. is any one person saying he is a rd.1/day one starter?....ummm no, yet again another qb that can run but is a project that needs to work on the qb thing.

i this team takes him in rd.1, they deserve to suck for another 3 yrs. good luck with that.

What? :wacko: None of this is relevant to Lamar Jackson.   Sam Darnold and Josh Allen aren't day 1 starters either.  No QBs in the draft are except Rosen and Mayfield IMO. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I fear the same thing and believe the Bills are gonna move into the top 10 and get Lamar. I believe Mr Pegula already signed off on the move after the interview process and the Bills are gonna give up one of their 1st this year and next year's first. I think the Bills are gonna dance with Chucky and move to the 10 spot. The Raiders will still get their LB at 21.

If the Bills have a conviction on any of the top tier qbs and act on it I will not be critical. If Lamar is the qb targeted by the organization then I will support a proactive action to secure their favored qb. This is the year to get it done. My preference is to take a risk going up the draft rather than being passive and losing out.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What? :wacko: None of this is relevant to Lamar Jackson.   Sam Darnold and Josh Allen aren't day 1 starters either.  No QBs in the draft are except Rosen and Mayfield IMO. 

Blitz, I believe Lamar can start in Daboll's offense. I think the Bills are gonna keep Tyrod on roster until after they secure Jackson in the draft. Other teams are vying for Jackson's services notably the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 2

Will never understand what it is about Lamar Jackson that gets people here so hot and bothered.  Not a winner, not accurate, and has turnover issues.  His highlight reel looks great but his tape is terrible.  Dont get it and feel like he shouldnt be touched before the 2nd round.  Think he would be a massive mistake.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

Blitz, I believe Lamar can start in Daboll's offense. I think the Bills are gonna keep Tyrod on roster until after they secure Jackson in the draft. Other teams are vying for Jackson's services notably the Ravens.

Possibly, but I'd still like to see him get accustomed to the speed of the NFL game before handing the reigns over if they do wind up selecting him.  There's also the matter of correcting technical flaws in his footwork that lead to some accuracy issues. 

If we have a nice free agency..:sign 2 d tackles, sign 2 lbs, cb, o line, wr, Rb, then Glenn healthy I would trade all our draft picks for the 2 or 3 pick for mayfield or Rosen. We keep all picks next year if we’re bad and we just move on. I think it would be worse if we were bad next year and lost out on top talent. 

Just now, the skycap said:

I'm confident that Tyrod will be let go. That is the right thing to do for him and the franchise. I don't believe that Lamar is close to being a starter. That is going to take time. But with his unique skills he can be inserted into a game as a role player with specially designed plays.

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

So it sounds to me that Jackson is combination of Tyrod Taylor and a QB.  That could be a really good combination.  Taylor's running last year was held down by the OC and that was a shame.  There were a lot of first downs there for the taking but TT had been coached not to run for them, and ended up not completing a pass instead.  In 2016, he took those runs and kept drives alive.  But, regardless of his running, he just couldn't throw receivers open.  Last year he didn't have any good receivers but in 2016 he had Watson and Woods so no excuses there. 

If you can take Taylor's running skills and add the things an NFL QB is supposed to do, you've got something special.  This is how I read Lamar Jackson.  He could be the guy we need, particularly if we don't need to sell the farm to get him. 

Wasnt Watkins and Wood both injured in 2016? Woods admitted he struggled with a torn groin all year and I think Watkins played like 3 games 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Will never understand what it is about Lamar Jackson that gets people here so hot and bothered.  Not a winner, not accurate, and has turnover issues.  His highlight reel looks great but his tape is terrible.  Dont get it and feel like he shouldnt be touched before the 2nd round.  Think he would be a massive mistake.

The guy at 69 TDs and 27 INTs in his collegiate career. Please stop with the "turnover issues"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1