Daniel jeremiah mock has a key Bills message

DJB

49 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I respect Jeremiah as a talent evaluator yet disagree with his thoughts regarding Jackson, as to me Jackson is a taller version of Tyrod which to me not a significant improvement. 

I do not see this at all. I compare him more to Mike Vick. Big strong,  elusive, fast, similar accuracy and good arm strength. Lamar is not the most aaccurate HOWEVER his at times innacuracies do NOT lead to ints.

After witnessing what he was able to accomplish last year I have no place in disagreeing with whatever McD plans on going with. The man ended the drought in his first year with limited talent, instilling a sense of discipline and belief and a little luck.  Sure he made some rookie mistakes with time management and the whole NateP fiasco but the man has a vision and an eye for talent specific to his plan. If he feels Jackson or any of the other viable option at QB can bring this team closer to a title I'm all in.

• Like (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The case is both Jackson and Tyrod are exceptional athletes. As a result I doubt that they've never had to learn to fully read defenses .....

What??? Jackson has the most experience reading the 3 levels of defenses of any of the top 6 QBs Just a ton of BAD assumptions here.

• Like (+1) 1

I want one of these QBs from this draft...if it happens to be Lamar Jackson...he wouldn't be my first pick...but I would be exited to see what they be cooking up in the Offensive kitchen. This kid could be something else...or not...but seems to have a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove himself as a true quarterback. I wouldn't cry over it...but i would cry if they don't take a QB and we have to watch another year of the same old same old....mkay

• Like (+1) 1

Count me in the camp that thinks Jackson and Taylor are similar in style. I am also someone who never felt Taylor was far off from being a good starting QB. To me Taylor has always been prepared, made consistent reads, a strong leader and teammate.

It was his execution that was up and down. The carousel of offenses and lack of weapons certainly had an effect on that. Another understated hurdle has been his height in my opinion. I have always felt it was a major cause in his tentativeness.

Jackson has superior tools. The similarity lies in their ability to escape pressure. Neither strike me as a run first QB though. I think having similar QBs with that extra gear allows a coordinator to create a playbook that takes advantage of both QBs. I also think the Taylor and Jackson combo makes a ton of sense. I like both players on this team.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I would love for it to say, “terrible athlete.” We should draft Orlando Brown to play QB!!

Any time I hear the word "dynamic" associated with a QB, it leads me to believe they'll never work long-term in the NFL.

See: Kaepernick, Colin and Taylor, Tyrod.

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Any time I hear the word "dynamic" associated with a QB, it leads me to believe they'll never work long-term in the NFL.

See: Kaepernick, Colin and Taylor, Tyrod.

It is rarely used on QBs though. Vick is the best example (and the player that most closely resembles Jackson). I would say that his career was peaks and valleys. He had a few great years and a prison sentence in between. I don’t expect Jackson to go to prison but he has a similar skill set. 

He certainly isn't without risk. With that being said, he has a massive arm and is an elite athlete. Jackson can mask a lot of the playmaking issues that this team has. He’d be the fastest player on offense tomorrow. He plays in a pro style additionally. Being an elite athlete doesn’t mean that he can’t be a good QB. The tools are there.

I still prefer the Bills trade up for Mayfield or Rosen (and still think that is the likeliest scenario). With that being said, getting Jackson at 21 wouldn’t be a bad conciliation. He is boom or bust, much like Allen. The difference is you aren’t using up all of your draft picks on the lottery ticket. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It is rarely used on QBs though. Vick is the best example (and the player that most closely resembles Jackson) and would say that his career was peaks and valleys. He had a few great years and a prison sentence in between. I don’t expect Jackson to go to prison but he has a similar skill set. 

He certainly isnt without risk. With that being said, he has a massive arm and is an elite athlete. Jackson can mask a lot of the playmaking issues that this team has. He’d be the fastest player on offense tomorrow. He plays in a pro style offense additionally. Being an elite athlete doesn’t mean that he can’t be a good QB. The tools are there.

I still prefer the Bills trade up for Mayfield or Rosen (and still think that is the likeliest scenario). With that being said, getting Jackson at 21 wouldn’t be a bad constellation. He is boom or bust, much like Allen. The difference is you aren’t using up all of your draft picks on the lottery ticket. 

I like your last paragraph...I think I could learn to live with the idea of Jackson at 21 if I had to, but Mayfield is my first choice.

48 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yet at the same time the kid has a less than 60% completion percentage and his rushing numbers are off the charts, if he did this in college no doubt he did the same in high school and pop warner etc. He was the 12th ranked duel threat QB entering college. Stuff like this scares me as makes me worry that they need to learn to change from a running QB to a QB that can run (in my opinion two vastly different things). 

Jokeman, did you know that Lamar Jackson threw for over 9000 yards and 69 TDs in 2.5 seasons at Louisville?? The keyword being "threw"!!

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Forget about Lamar Jackson.....is Rashaan Evans worth a first round pick?

YES

Get DJ Chark and it's on

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

Jokeman, did you know that Lamar Jackson threw for over 9000 yards and 69 TDs in 2.5 seasons at Louisville?? The keyword being "threw"!!

With less than stellar talent.  Imagine if Jackson had James Washington and Marcell Ateman.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

With less than stellar talent.  Imagine if Jackson had James Washington and Marcell Ateman.

That's why I drool at the chance to add Chark to an offense with Shady, Zay, Benjamin and Clay. Blitz, I'm willing to use the second 2 on Chark. Would you do it?

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Forget about Lamar Jackson.....is Rashaan Evans worth a first round pick?

He is considered a first round pick across the board.

In this day and age of the salary cap I like using number 1's on positions that are extremely hard to obtain in free agency.(without blowing up your cap)

Whatever team actually hits on a QB in the first round (some of them will bust, and no one knows which one), will get 5 or 6 years of low salary at an incredibly expensive position. This will allow that team to strenghten their team in so many ways)

I would take Ridley   ( a true number one wr) over Evans in the first round for this reason. True number one WR'S are difficult to obtain  in free agency, 5 or 6 years of a number one on his rookie contract offers great value. Smith is a sideline to sideline LB, those  will be available later in the draft. Generally LB's that get drafted higher and are valued to a greater degree in free agency are pass rushing, not coverage linebackers.

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

That's why I drool at the chance to add Chark to an offense with Shady, Zay, Benjamin and Clay. Blitz, I'm willing to use the second 2 on Chark. Would you do it?

That all depends on what needs are addressed in UFA.  He potentially would fill a glaring need, but I'm skeptical about rookie WRs transitioning quickly to the NFL game in order to make a big contribution.