Daniel jeremiah mock has a key Bills message

DJB

Check out Daniel  Jeremiah  2nd mock post combine.

21. Rashad Evans

22. Lamar Jackson  - " I wouldn't  be surprised  if the Bills packaged some picks to move up for one of the other quarterbacks, but if they sit still  I could see them building  an offence around  Jackson  skill set.

Jeremiah  is extremely  connected. He's right down on the floor rubbing shoulders with our very own Bills management  and scouts. Obviously  many of us are hoping  this happens but to hear from someone  actually  in the know is very positive . 

(Sorry I don't know how to embed stuff and make it look all nice and clean, if someone  could  do that it would  be great ! )

Edited by DJB
Title
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I respect Jeremiah as a talent evaluator yet disagree with his thoughts regarding Jackson, as to me Jackson is a taller version of Tyrod which to me not a significant improvement. 

Please explain how this is the case.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The case is both Jackson and Tyrod are exceptional athletes. As a result I doubt that they've never had to learn to fully read defenses as they can use their legs to escape pressure and make plays with their legs which is a highly over rated stat. I mean if look at Tyrod's rushing numbers last year, he had 427 yards rushing which equates to 28.46 yards per game played which to me isn't game changing ability no matter how good his total yard were compared to the rest of the league's QBs. I mean tag that 28.46 yards rushing per game, are we really going to say those yards are what put as at 9-7 last year? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are black and run all of the time. Same guy...

Also, they can’t read defenses or process information. Jackson is a combination of Tyrod, Vick, Watson, Leftwich, Doug Williams, Jameis, David Garrard and 1/2 of Russell Wilson (the half that runs all of the time).

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The case is both Jackson and Tyrod are exceptional athletes. As a result I doubt that they've never had to learn to fully read defenses as they can use their legs to escape pressure and make plays with their legs which is a highly over rated stat. I mean if look at Tyrod's rushing numbers last year, he had 427 yards rushing which equates to 28.46 yards per game played which to me isn't game changing ability no matter how good his total yard were compared to the rest of the league's QBs. I mean tag that 28.46 yards rushing per game, are we really going to say those yards are what put as at 9-7 last year? 

This tells me that you are not aware of the pro style offense that Jackson played in at Louisville under Bobby Petrino that features NFL level route combinations that also requires the QB to read defenses and hang in the pocket to make throws.  There's no way you watched him play and can honestly come to this conclusion. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So it sounds to me that Jackson is combination of Tyrod Taylor and a QB.  That could be a really good combination.  Taylor's running last year was held down by the OC and that was a shame.  There were a lot of first downs there for the taking but TT had been coached not to run for them, and ended up not completing a pass instead.  In 2016, he took those runs and kept drives alive.  But, regardless of his running, he just couldn't throw receivers open.  Last year he didn't have any good receivers but in 2016 he had Watson and Woods so no excuses there. 

If you can take Taylor's running skills and add the things an NFL QB is supposed to do, you've got something special.  This is how I read Lamar Jackson.  He could be the guy we need, particularly if we don't need to sell the farm to get him. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This tells me that you are not aware of the pro style offense that Jackson played in at Louisville under Bobby Petrino that features NFL level route combinations that require the QB to read defenses and hang in the pocket to make throws.  There's no way you watched him play and can honestly come to this conclusion. 

Yet at the same time the kid has a less than 60% completion percentage and his rushing numbers are off the charts, if he did this in college no doubt he did the same in high school and pop warner etc. He was the 12th ranked duel threat QB entering college. Stuff like this scares me as makes me worry that they need to learn to change from a running QB to a QB that can run (in my opinion two vastly different things). 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I respect Jeremiah as a talent evaluator yet disagree with his thoughts regarding Jackson, as to me Jackson is a taller version of Tyrod which to me not a significant improvement. 

I’m sorry but Jackson and Tyrod are almost nothing alike. Jackson is already the far superior QB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This tells me that you are not aware of the pro style offense that Jackson played in at Louisville under Bobby Petrino that features NFL level route combinations that require the QB to read defenses and hang in the pocket to make throws.  There's no way you watched him play and can honestly come to this conclusion. 

Happens to be the same pro style we are supposed to be implementing here as well. Kinda gives the kid a leg up if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are black and run all of the time. Same guy...

Also, they can’t read defenses or process information. Jackson is a combination of Tyrod, Vick, Watson, Leftwich, Doug Williams, Jameis, David Garrard and 1/2 of Russell Wilson (the half that runs all of the time).

Na more like Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Frank Tarkenton, Flutie in 2000 and the list could continue. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Na more like Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Frank Tarkenton, Flutie in 2000 and the list could continue. 

If you think that he plays anything like Tim Tebow you’ve probably never seen him play.  Jackson has an elite arm (that it is inconsistent). Tebow throws like a blind guy with no arms. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Taking Lamar Jackson is a no brainer. He is an electrifying playmaker.

With the other first, as much as I do like the pick of Evans- Jeremiah still has Ridley on the board, it would be hard not to snap him up.

Ridley has legitimate number 1 WR abilty and to lock up your number 1 WR at a rookie contract rate for at least 5 years is sweet.

• Like (+1) 3