Rumor: Incarcerated Bob swears that the Bills were the team offering a 2nd for Foles

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Even if this were true, the Eagles will want a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Foles.

The Eagles hold all the cards in this situation. They will command a king's ransom for Foles.

I know what you're saying, they do hold the cards to a degree. If he was signed to a long term contract then it would be more true. Teams could just wait a year and sign him then.

I would trade  the #21 pick and Tyrod Taylor to the Eagles for Nick Foles. The Bills would first have to pay TT his 6 Million dollar bonus. The Eagles would get a first round pick as Foles becomes a FA next year, and they will get nothing. They will also get a quality backup in TT. Reports out of Philadelphia are that Wentz is way a head of schedule and will be ready for opening day. The Eagles are in bad shape cap wise and will have to create a little over 2 Million to pay TT instead of Foles. And Buffalo gets a quality QB on the cheap this year. With money next year to entend  him. Win/win for both teams ???

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Would you guys give up number 21 or 22 ?

No. That would mean that the Bills would not be using a 1st on a QB in the draft, ans I would much rather take a shot on a QB in the draft than give up a 1st for Foles. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even that crazy about the idea of giving up a 2nd for him. Again, my worry is if they gave up a 2nd for Foles it might mean that there is less of a chance that they go QB in the 1st.

Maybe one would have nothing to do with the other though, I don't know. 

I guess Im not convinced that Foles will be a successful QB on another team.

And As I've said in other threads, I don't know that he is really much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I am more ore than ok with the Bills acquiring him, but a 2nd is the absolute most I would pay and im not even crazy about that. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, McBean said:

I’m just not sold on Nick Foles. 

I think it was a fluke and more coaching than him.

But is he an upgrade? I think he is, and as mentioned Beane was't a pocket passer. And as to Coaching ?
Obviously he had good Coaching. Thats does not just go away. He is a smart developed player who fits McDermotts Requirements

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

No. That would mean that the Bills would not be using a 1st on a QB in the draft, ans I would much rather take a shot on a QB in the draft than give up a 1st for Foles. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even that crazy about the idea of giving up a 2nd for him. Again, my worry is if they gave up a 2nd for Foles it might mean that there is less of a chance that they go QB in the 1st.

Maybe one would have nothing to do with the other though, I don't know. 

I guess Im not convinced that Foles will be a successful QB on another team.

And As I've said in other threads, I don't see him as much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I'm more in favor of going up to get Rosen. But, If that doesn't work I think the idea of Foles instead of say Rudolph is intriguing.