Why is Baker Mayfield getting the least amount of buzz?

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Brady still carries a chip on his shoulder about everything. Hasn't been too negative for him.

Seems to me there’s a difference between Brady’s “nobody believed in me” shoulder chip and Mayfield basically keeping a list of enemies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He goes down this route and he'll fail. Keeping a list means he puts way too much thought into it. And it's easy to do in college where you're successful and everybody at school loves you, the list is probably short. Wait until he goes to a struggling NFL team and is expected to make magic happen and he doesn't the first year or maybe even the second year. Then what?

I love this. He obviously has a lot of confidence that he’s going to be good and be able to throw it in their faces. 

Who cares what drives him to be great. As long as he’s driven to be great. 

Man I hope we get this kid. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

he definitely does have a JP Losman vibe to him.  i could see him buying a house downtown and partying on chippewa every night.  however JP was not much a prospect at all.  i can't believe he was even drafted in round 1

JP partied a lot?

Edited by crack

Yeah I don't like it. Sounds like a bullied emo teenager. Not a fan of this type of thought process and I find it very self-centred, woe is me type stuff. It really is putting yourself before the team, and if people can't see that, I'm not sure what to say. Then when he wins a game he will grab his crotch. The guy is trashy. Not a fan. Good player, but I really dislike the person. 

There are going to be haters everywhere. You just have to brush your shoulders off. Motivation needs to come from within. 

And yes I know Tom Brady blah blah, then you have Ryan Leaf too. Previous examples mean little. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

It’s an approach that has worked well for Trump and Brady. 

How about instead of comparing him to a guy who is our team's mortal enemy and a guy who would have likely moved the Bills out of Buffalo the minute he craved attention in the form of headlines, we compare him to one of our own guys who used a chip on his shoulder to good effect.

Thurman Thomas said that teams that passed on him on draft day would pay, and as we all know that meant every team -- and he made good on that promise.

31 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Seems to me there’s a difference between Brady’s “nobody believed in me” shoulder chip and Mayfield basically keeping a list of enemies.

The "haters" obviously don't believe in Baker either. To me, just my 2, it's stupid to even care if he has a list or makes a mental note. If it pushes that competitive button then who cares? 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

The "haters" obviously don't believe in Baker either. To me, just my 2, it's stupid to even care if he has a list or makes a mental note. If it pushes that competitive button then who cares? 

Oh yeah, I don’t really give a sh*t either, it just makes me wonder where this kid’s head is at. By all accounts he’s an accomplished QB from a big time program almost assured to go in the first round. (As opposed to Brady who was a doughy backup with zero expectations.)

And so he chooses to focus on the “haters” to get motivated? That’s kind of weird to me.