Kyle Lauletta (Richmond) the target?

PIZ

14 hours ago, PIZ said:

Per Benjamin Allbrights Twitter:

"Everyone who had Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta slotted as a "day 3 guy" can go ahead and move him up to day 2".

Per Eric Edholm, Pro Football Weekly Twitter:

"Anyone remember QB Aaron Corp? Had cups of coffee with the Bills, Cowboys and Dolphins

He was Kyle Lauletta's QB coach this past season at Richmond".

I was actually there for Aaron Corps only career FBS start (with USC).

Here at UW. Jake Locker’s coming out party. Huskies pulled a huge upset. One of the coolest experiences I’ve had at a college game.

Aaron Corp. Terrible.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I was actually there for Aaron Corps only career college start.

Here at UW. Jake Locker’s coming out party.

Corp transferred to Richmond and had plenty of starts..Lauletta is WAY better than Corp. Not even close

46 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you're saying all QB prospects have an equal chance to be good players at the NFL level?    Lauletta is just as likely to be as good as Darnold or Rosen? I disagree on Mayfield, but if that's your opinion fine. 

Yeah I'm not sold on Rosen. Darnold is probably overrated as well but I like him. I'm saying there is not a slam dunk QB in this draft. Most evaluators have said none are as good as  Wentz. Sure they'll be drafted high but only because they're QB's. Not because they deserve drafting in the top five. I still believe their draft status is a smokescreen and only two will go in the top 10.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Yeah I'm not sold on Rosen. Darnold is probably overrated as well but I like him. I'm saying there is not a slam dunk QB in this draft. Most evaluators have said none are as good as  Wentz. Sure they'll be drafted high but only because they're QB's. Not because they deserve drafting in the top five. I still believe their draft status is a smokescreen and only two will go in the top 10.

There are holes in the respective games of each of the top tiered QBs as most will acknowledge.  I'm certain that Rosen, Darnold, and Allen will all be selected within the top 10 with Mayfield a possibility as well.  We'll soon see who's correct. 

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's what it sounds like he's implying, or at least what I got out of it.

There are 5 legit prospects this year, even if everybody ranks them differently, the overwhelming majority seems to have it as, in no particular order:

-Allen

-darnold

- Ferguson

-Rosen

-Jackson

-mayfield

Outside of them, I haven't heard any top QB talk, just a bunch of "he might be good" guys.

Technically any guy can be good, as guys like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Carr, and other later picks have shown.

They are the exception though, not the norm, and the % of top5 drafted QBs that succeed is astronomically higher, so I'm with you cb26.

If they like a guy, go freaking get him.

Obviously if nobody wants to trade, they need a backup plan, but Christ Almighty, we can't go into the draft with lauletta/Rudolph/white as plan A

Fixed it for you.

54 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Fixed it for you.

Ferguson is not one of the top 5 consensus QB prospects.

I don't care if YOU like him best, it's an absolute fact that the 5 I listed are the top5 consensus prospects.

Nice try though.

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't care if YOU like him best, it's an absolute fact that the 5 I listed are the top5 consensus prospects.

Nice try though.

Opinions vary. 

16 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Nice try though.

Ferguson has roots in WNY, his uncle is an ambulance chaser outside lake flaccid. This is a good opportunity for him to come in to the area 

25 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Opinions vary. 

Not in this case.

Who YOU feel belongs in the top5, and who is the consensus top5 from actual sources/reports are not the same thing.

It's not an opinion who the consensus top5 QBs in this draft are.

The only thing that varies is the order they are ranked within each other.

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Ferguson has roots in WNY, his uncle is an ambulance chaser outside lake flaccid. This is a good opportunity for him to come in to the area 

Didn't say anything about that, fergy was acting like he's a top5 consensus QB pick, which he isn't.

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's what it sounds like he's implying, or at least what I got out of it.

There are 5 legit prospects this year, even if everybody ranks them differently, the overwhelming majority seems to have it as, in no particular order:

-Allen

-darnold

-Rosen

-Jackson

-mayfield

Outside of them, I haven't heard any top QB talk, just a bunch of "he might be good" guys.

Technically any guy can be good, as guys like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Carr, and other later picks have shown.

They are the exception though, not the norm, and the % of top5 drafted QBs that succeed is astronomically higher, so I'm with you cb26.

If they like a guy, go freaking get him.

Obviously if nobody wants to trade, they need a backup plan, but Christ Almighty, we can't go into the draft with lauletta/Rudolph/white as plan A

Rodgers was a first round pick and Carr was a second. I get your point but I definitely wouldn't classify those 2 as late round QBs

they were first 2 rounds

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rodgers was a first round pick and Carr was a second. I get your point but I definitely wouldn't classify those 2 as late round QBs

they were first 2 rounds

That's fair

I was just saying they weren't "omg top picks" per say

Anyway, the point we agree on

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Not in this case.

Who YOU feel belongs in the top5, and who is the consensus top5 from actual sources/reports are not the same thing.

It's not an opinion who the consensus top5 QBs in this draft are.

The only thing that varies is the order they are ranked within each other.

You’re right...I should listen to Mel Kiper (Mr. Jimmy Clausen himself) and that other bonehead who thought Ryan Nassib would be drafted #1 overall. If you base your arguments (and attacks) on consensus, you’re a follower with no original thought. Air go, I’ll choose to disregard your argument. 

15 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You’re right...I should listen to Mel Kiper (Mr. Jimmy Clausen himself) and that other bonehead who thought Ryan Nassib would be drafted #1 overall. If you base your arguments (and attacks) on consensus, you’re a follower with no original thought. Air go, I’ll choose to disregard your argument. 

They make a lot more money than you and I to do exactly that, generate a consensus draft ranking.

Riley Ferguson, I am 100% positive, is not a top5 qb prospect on any NFL scouts' list, ERGO, he is not a consensus top5 prospect.

He may be who a team thinks they will be able to draft, or who they want to draft based on his value/draft location, but the statement was who was a top5 prospect, which he is NOT, regardless of your opinion.

13 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

They make a lot more money than you and I to do exactly that, generate a consensus draft ranking.

Riley Ferguson, I am 100% positive, is not a top5 qb prospect on any NFL scouts' list, ERGO, he is not a consensus top5 prospect.

He may be who a team thinks they will be able to draft, or who they want to draft based on his value/draft location, but the statement was who was a top5 prospect, which he is NOT, regardless of your opinion.

That’s funny, I thought this thread was about Lauletta until you chimed in with your consensus Top 5. I have to hand it to you, nice job regurgitating the same Top 5 as every other website draft guru who drinks Mountain Dew by the liter and wears Birkenstocks. Bravo!

4 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Or 4 will be selected in the first 6 picks. I think that is more likely than only 2 in top 10. We'll see these guys may be better than you think.

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

That’s funny, I thought this thread was about Lauletta until you chimed in with your consensus Top 5. I have to hand it to you, nice job regurgitating the same Top 5 as every other website draft guru who drinks Mountain Dew by the liter and wears Birkenstocks. Bravo!

The thread was accepted about lauletta, which somebody was all up on him being a top choice, to which I brought up the top5, to which you "fixed it" by adding Ferguson.

Stop the bull *****t.