NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

Just now, NewEraBills said:

Which is said honestly.  Look at him in these drills.  His accuracy is a problem.  He doesn't have that change up speed on passes.  Too much on the passes in the sideline drills and overthrew more than he hit on the WR tracking the football drill.  When you look at his tape it says the SAME thing too.  His accuracy and ball placement are way too low to be even a 2nd round pick.  You are right though, someone will take him but it'll be a shame and I hope that it is not us.

I don't have a clue how we're going to feel about any of these guys, but my gut says they won't move up for him 

And I still have a top-50 grade on Allen FWIW

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I hope he does and even more importantly I hope it's not us.

I've been stuck on NYG or Denver for Allen...can't put my finger on why

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't have a clue how we're going to feel about any of these guys, but my gut says they won't move up for him 

And I still have a top-50 grade on Allen FWIW

I've been stuck on NYG or Denver for Allen...can't put my finger on why

I think from a raw talent perspective he is extremely impressive, but I'm not sold on him and I'd hope we wouldn't mortgage the farm on him.

However, I would be completely fine with doing so for Mayfield and Rosen.  I think those guys will be legitimate franchise QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I think from a raw talent perspective he is extremely impressive, but I'm not sold on him and I'd hope we wouldn't mortgage the farm on him.

However, I would be completely fine with doing so for Mayfield and Rosen.  I think those guys will be legitimate franchise QBs.

That's basically where I am as well, though I'd consider Darnold as well because I think he can be extremely effective as an RPO guy

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Josh Allen is putting on a show with that rocket of his.  He is absolutely worth the risk of a top 5 pick.  Massive tools.

We have already had a long history of massive tools at QB. Let's get someone who is already good. We don't need another project

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Josh Allen is the most sure fire bust I’ve seen in a decade.

Wish him the best in life but it’s not as an NFL QB. He’ll be out of the league in 2 years.

Ouch, I had to drop my phone after that hot take. ?

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Josh Allen is the most sure fire bust I’ve seen in a decade.

Wish him the best in life but it’s not as an NFL QB. He’ll be out of the league in 2 years.

There's almost zero chance he's out of the league in 2 years.

At worst, he doesn't get his 5th year option picked up and never sees a second contract. He's have to go Manziel-level crazy to be out of the league prior to year 3.