Confirmed: Josh Rosen Will Be One of the Bills' 30 Pre-Draft Visits - At One Bills Drive Today (4-10)

26CornerBlitz

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Ok. I get your jist. But tell me...if it were you, who do you take? And why?

Rosen is the best, by far.for many reasons. Smoke clears, Rosen#1. Its gonna happen

That would be tough for me because I think Darnold has a higher upside that will take longer to realize while Rosen is ready to roll day 1 in the NFL with the advanced traits he's shown. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wouldn't wait but so long before jumping up if that scenario were to unfold. 

I feel like any team that gets a call for a trade up will call the Bills to see if they can beat the deal before agreeing. 

For instance, say Rosen drops to seven and the Cradinals call the Bucs to trade up and make an offer. Im assumming the Cards will put them on hold and call the Bills to see what they will offer. I get the feeling Beane has the frame of a trade scenario worked out for most teams in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like any team that gets a call for a trade up will call the Bills to see if they can beat the deal before agreeing. 

For instance, say Rosen drops to seven and the Cradinals call the Bucs to trade up and make an offer. Im assumming the Cards will put them on hold and call the Bills to see what they will offer. I get the feeling Beane has the frame of a trade scenario worked out for most teams in the top 10. 

If I were the Bucs, I'd want to trade him to an AFC team. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be tough for me because I think Darnold has a higher upside that will take longer to realize while Rosen is ready to roll day 1 in the NFL with the advanced traits he's shown. 

I agree to that extent. So, its a day 1 starter who will only get better, with a chip on his millennial shoulder, or Darnold. Who needs another year. My money is on the best day 1 QB going #1. Dorsey's not an idiot. Its gonna happen.rightfully so

I think the Bills would love to get Darnold, which makes me wonder if there isn't something to this rumor floating around about trades. I think I prefer Rosen because he's better right now, the concussion and durabiity issues aside. The Bills sending the contingent they sent to LA today to see Darnold have me thinking they believe  can get to 1 or 2.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree to that extent. So, its a day 1 starter who will only get better, with a chip on his millennial shoulder, or Darnold. Who needs another year. My money is on the best day 1 QB going #1. Dorsey's not an idiot. Its gonna happen.rightfully so

I'm not so sure with the trade for Taylor.  I think they're looking at the biggest long term upside that puts Darnold and Allen as the logical candidates for #1 overall. 

5 hours ago, horned dogs said:

I think the Bills would love to get Darnold, which makes me wonder if there isn't something to this rumor floating around about trades. I think I prefer Rosen because he's better right now, the concussion and durabiity issues aside. The Bills sending the contingent they sent to LA today to see Darnold have me thinking they believe  can get to 1 or 2.

I'm not high on Rosen. No question of talent but I'm a California local, I don't think he's a fit for Buffalo. Even local news reporters here have talked to teammates that do not care for him and even past coaches that criticize him, he doesn't have that natural passion to be a leader . People think it's just cuz he speaks out about his opinions but from what I've seen and talked to people that have seen him on campus he will have a tough time leading an NFL lockeroom, let alone have the franchise hopes put in his hands. 

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm not high on Rosen. No question of talent but I'm a California local, I don't think he's a fit for Buffalo. Even local news reporters here have talked to teammates that do not care for him and even past coaches that criticize him, he doesn't have that natural passion to be a leader . People think it's just cuz he speaks out about his opinions but from what I've seen and talked to people that have seen him on campus he will have a tough time leading an NFL lockeroom, let alone have the franchise hopes put in his hands. 

Thanks for the insights. The Bills prefer Darnold as a prospect, face of the franchise, and if possible, he is the likely pick.

The whole Rosen thing is interesting, will be interesting to follow his career one way or the other.

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

You're repeating lots of talk that has been largely debunked by personal accounts from teammates and coaches who have spoken on the record. 

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Thanks for the insights. The Bills prefer Darnold as a prospect, face of the franchise, and if possible, he is the likely pick.

The whole Rosen thing is interesting, will be interesting to follow his career one way or the other.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're repeating lots of talk that has been largely debunked by personal accounts from teammates and coaches who have spoken on the record. 

As I've said, I think the Bills would love to get Darnold, which makes me wonder if there isn't something to this rumor floating around about trades. I think I prefer Rosen because he's better right now, the concussion and durabiity issues aside. The Bills sending the contingent they sent to LA today to see Darnold have me thinking they believe  can get to 1 or 2.

Getting either of these guys will have me doing cartwheels!

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

Remember that Matt Miller wrote this in December:

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall. All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills. Darnold won't be on the board for long--in fact he might be the first pick, if he declares--but there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him.

And Eric Galko reported this in February: 

They have aggressively scouting quarterbacks all year long. I think Josh Rosen is the apple of their eye. It'll be hard to go up and get him, but I think the tie between Buffalo and Giants GM David Gettleman kind of paints a picture of where they both might be thinking to go. They've traveled to see him multiple times. I've been told by people around the league that a lot of teams feel Buffalo covets Josh Rosen.... People consider that Buffalo and Josh Rosen are a match. It'll be difficult to get him, they'll need to get into the top two picks.

Both of these reports came out pre combine and really early in the process, which makes me believe them. Typically teams have a board set and then the combine and workouts and things of that nature kind of check boxes and confirm "they are you thought they were." Ownership gets a chance to meet these guys as well. Rumors like this are always the ones that are closest to the truth. To me, they are getting one of these two guys some way, which will make me happy. I think everyone knows we are getting a quarterback and so the smokescreen is to bring every single one of them in so we can sort of hide which guy we really want. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Remember that Matt Miller wrote this in December:

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall. All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills. Darnold won't be on the board for long--in fact he might be the first pick, if he declares--but there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him.

And Eric Galko reported this in February: 

They have aggressively scouting quarterbacks all year long. I think Josh Rosen is the apple of their eye. It'll be hard to go up and get him, but I think the tie between Buffalo and Giants GM David Gettleman kind of paints a picture of where they both might be thinking to go. They've traveled to see him multiple times. I've been told by people around the league that a lot of teams feel Buffalo covets Josh Rosen.... People consider that Buffalo and Josh Rosen are a match. It'll be difficult to get him, they'll need to get into the top two picks.

Both of these reports came out pre combine and really early in the process, which makes me believe them. Typically teams have a board set and then the combine and workouts and things of that nature kind of check boxes and confirm "they are you thought they were." Ownership gets a chance to meet these guys as well. Rumors like this are always the ones that are closest to the truth. To me, they are getting one of these two guys some way, which will make me happy. I think everyone knows we are getting a quarterback and so the smokescreen is to bring every single one of them in so we can sort of hide which guy we really want. 

Thanks for the reminders. It will be tremendously disappointing to most of the fan base if we don't land one of these two (are you reading McBeane?). 

The trip to LA, to visit Darold by the organization, speaks volumes about what they are thinking IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Thanks for the reminders. It will be tremendously disappointing to most of the fan base if we don't land one of these two (are you reading McBeane?). 

The trip to LA, to visit Darold by the organization, speaks volumes about what they are thinking IMO. 

No it doesn't.  Everything is a smoke screen at this point.  Expect every single plan to be blown up by strangeness in the first 5 picks.  But speculation is fun this year.

Just now, maryland-bills-fan said:

No it doesn't.  Everything is a smoke screen at this point.  Expect every single plan to be blown up by strangeness in the first 5 picks.  But speculation is fun this year.

They flew all the way to Los Angeles for a smokescreen?  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They flew all the way to Los Angeles for a smokescreen?  :lol:

People don't consider how much money it costs to fly all of your front office out, put them up in a hotel, take everyone out to a nice dinner. A lot goes into these kinds of trips. I doubt they did all of that because they aren't interested in Sam Darnold. It's all a big smokescreen!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

People don't consider how much money it costs to fly all of your front office out, put them up in a hotel, take everyone out to a nice dinner. A lot goes into these kinds of trips. I doubt they did all of that because they aren't interested in Sam Darnold. It's all a big smokescreen!

Terry must have drilled another well...

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The team makes what...50 mil a season? Give or take? And that includes the yearly scouting costs which include flying all over the place. So they upped the budget by 100k for a trip? Big deal it means everything and nothing 

Just now, aristocrat said:

The team makes what...50 mil a season? Give or take? And that includes the yearly scouting costs which include flying all over the place. So they upped the budget by 100k for a trip? Big deal it means everything and nothing 

Nonsense. They essentially spent two days just to fly out there when they could have invested that time elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

That's one of the most elaborate smoke screens I have seen...

Now had you said, it's possible Buffalo likes someone else, and are doing their due diligence to see how other specs stack yo to who they like, then there is room for discussion 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They made multiple trips and brought multiple QB's to town, not to mention the scouting costs over the past couple of years to watch their games and practices. They have spent millions scouting these guys