Confirmed: Josh Rosen Will Be One of the Bills' 30 Pre-Draft Visits - At One Bills Drive Today (4-10)

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a note Cover1 is quoting a SI article from 2016

Who cares about SI? #FAKENEWS

I read that Chris Carter says he is going to have problems and Thurmanator 1234567 doesn't like his F-Trump hat...#alternativefacts

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Intelligent and confident.  Two great traits for a QB. 

I hesitate to say this because I like Rosen as a potential pick and i also don't want to feed the trolls. But after reading a number of interviews with him, it seems to me that he has some real narcissism in his makeup. That's not a great trait. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I hesitate to say this because I like Rosen as a potential pick and i also don't want to feed the trolls. But after reading a number of interviews with him, it seems to me that he has some real narcissism in his makeup. That's not a great trait. 

I like his self-assuredness.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

All of the best QB's have that. It's called confidence

36 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

All of the best QB's have that. It's called confidence

I'm not even talking about the football stuff - I'm talking about his seeming belief that his essentially banal views on religion, society, etc. are worthy of being considered serious and of public import. They aren't. Honestly, he doesn't seem particularly well educated or curious to me.  That's ok for a football player, of course, but he really should stop laying it on so thick. Incidentally, he lies above (shades of Trump!) to make himself look better. He very much wanted to go to Stanford but the coach didn't want him. UCLA was definitely not his first choice.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat. 

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not even talking about the football stuff - I'm talking about his seeming belief that his essentially banal views on religion, society, etc. are worthy of being considered serious and of public import. They aren't. Honestly, he doesn't seem particularly well educated or curious to me.  That's ok for a football player, of course, but he really should stop laying it on so thick. Incidentally, he lies above (shades of Trump!) to make himself look better. He very much wanted to go to Stanford but the coach didn't want him. UCLA was definitely not his first choice.

It's a F'n INTERVIEW, man.   Like a reporter asking him what his views are on religeon, society, etc.    And then remind me how many 20-year old kids get to be interviewd by SI.    

smh...

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's a F'n INTERVIEW, man.   Like a reporter asking him what his views are on religeon, society, etc.    And then remind me how many 20-year old kids get to be interviewd by SI.    

smh...

I'd agree with you if it was one interview. But it's not. There are now a whole raft of such interviews. Again, on balance I like him (recognizing that no one is perfect) and would be thrilled to get him.

Edited by dave mcbride

On 4/15/2018 at 11:16 AM, dave mcbride said:

Maybe it's just the population I know - it's pretty common in slightly nerdy/geeky kids, especially the boys, to take themselves and their views too seriously.  Most of them grow out of it by their mid-twenties.  Some of them don't and join Red Pill Reddit.

And maybe I'm just a touch sensitive here, Dave, but I think folks should be a bit more careful about tossing around conclusions like "he lies".  In the full article (which took me 5 seconds to look up) this is what Rosen says about Stanford.  There is no lying above.  He knew the summer before his Jr year that Stanford wasn't going to take him, he admits he was devastated, and he's talking about UCLA as his choice of the schools he looked at after Stanford didn't take him:

"Four years earlier, on his visit to Bosco, Rosen had asked the coaches and academic officials if coming out of their school he'd be able to get into Stanford. Growing up the son of Penn and Princeton graduates, Rosen saw Stanford as a football Ivy. He attended a camp in Palo Alto the summer before his junior year but returned without a scholarship offer, heartbroken. Rosen recalls that he didn't click with the mild-mannered Cardinal coach David Shaw, who appeared put off by questions about the depth chart. Shaw says the Cardinal coaches simply decided to not take a quarterback in that class because of roster numbers.

Rosen returned to Bosco devastated but now calls the snub "probably the best thing that ever happened to me," he says. "I'm not Stanford, and I would have hated it. It was good for me because it killed my ego a little bit." "

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe it's just the population I know - it's pretty common in slightly nerdy/geeky kids, especially the boys, to take themselves and their views too seriously.  Most of them grow out of it by their mid-twenties.  Some of them don't and join Red Pill Reddit.

And maybe I'm just a touch sensitive here, Dave, but I think folks should be a bit more careful about tossing around conclusions like "he lies".  In the full article (which took me 5 seconds to look up) this is what Rosen says about Stanford.  There is no lying above.  He knew the summer before his Jr year that Stanford wasn't going to take him, he admits he was devastated, and he's talking about UCLA as his choice of the schools he looked at after Stanford didn't take him:

"Four years earlier, on his visit to Bosco, Rosen had asked the coaches and academic officials if coming out of their school he'd be able to get into Stanford. Growing up the son of Penn and Princeton graduates, Rosen saw Stanford as a football Ivy. He attended a camp in Palo Alto the summer before his junior year but returned without a scholarship offer, heartbroken. Rosen recalls that he didn't click with the mild-mannered Cardinal coach David Shaw, who appeared put off by questions about the depth chart. Shaw says the Cardinal coaches simply decided to not take a quarterback in that class because of roster numbers.

Rosen returned to Bosco devastated but now calls the snub "probably the best thing that ever happened to me," he says. "I'm not Stanford, and I would have hated it. It was good for me because it killed my ego a little bit." "

I guess people would be happier if he wrote "Stanford" on a list, because that is so edgy and shows grit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pegula: Hey Josh, welcome to Buffalo! !@#$ trump, amirite?

Rosen: Well, sir, I was young then and I regret that decision. I have really matured since then and...

Pegula: Awe come on, !@#$ trump! I called New Era and had a !@#$ Trump hat with a standing buffalo made for you, and only you. Did you know my daughter plays professional tennis? 

Rosen: Yes sir. I mean, why?

Pegula: Why what?

Rosen: Just, why? I need to know why she plays tennis. And why you made me a hat. 

Pegula: Do you like yachts?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3