Random Bills and what you remember them for

Kent Hull- besides being a great center, seemed like a super awesome guy as well.  I remember posting a video of him talking to kids with cancer.

Kelso- the helmet

Jeff Tuel- I still remember in his first pre season game against the Colts her tore it up.  Why I never put too much stock in pre seasons games.  Plus everyone who wanted to see him as QB would always say Tuel Time!  Reminded me of one of my fave shows as a kid

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Taken from Buffalobills.com:

Everyone remembers Dolphins LB Bryan Cox’s famous double barrel salute to Bills fans in Orchard Park before a Bills-Dolphins game in 1995 as well as his spitting in the direction of fans who were heckling him. What many don’t remember is after Cox and Bills’ FB Carwell Gardner were both ejected for fighting during the game, there was almost a round two in the tunnel between the two locker rooms.

Gardner tried repeatedly to get in the Dolphins locker room to fight Cox again and even hung around long enough after the game trying to bait Cox to come off the Miami team bus to fight him a second time. Cox did not oblige.

Cox was fined a total of $17,500 by the league, the largest NFL fine of the 1995 season. Gardner incurred a total of $15,000 in fines. The Bills won the game 23-20.

That is awesome.  I would always want Carwell on my team

Reuben Brown, gave me his autograph and got Kelly and Fina to sign too. I was just a 7 year old white kid and he took care of me, will always be grateful for that.

Travis Henry, remember hearing his helmet crack into defenders all the way through the TV screen, he's my favorite RB in Bills history, I understand he wasn't the greatest but I just felt he had an admirable style.

Schobel was a guy that would have been a HOFer anywhere else, he had a non stop motor and could really bend and get low off that edge.

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I remember I met Cyrus Kouandjio a few years back and he was embarrassed to say he was a Bill lol

I walked up to him and we started talking football and I told him I knew he was on the Bills and good luck with the season... he giggled and told me he was a ballerina

i was like the biggest 6-5 330 lb ballerina ever lmao

Know we know why he "flamed" out.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He played before my time, but I actually met him after a Bills game. Really good guy.

Cool!  I do remember that haircut style.  The surf cut used to be popular too but went out of style

i know the 1990-1991 Pro Set cards don't have much monetary value but seeing them like in your post always makes me smile.  It's how I used to learn about the players 

Two guys come to mind

1) Ricky "squeaky" Porter..  PLayed for the Bills in 87 Running back from Slippery Rock, my Alma  Mater. Had met Ricky a few times, he had a decent game against the Jets that year. Between him, Robb Riddick, Andre Reed..Bills were crushing getting guys from the PAC ( Pennsylvania Athletic Conference) . Haslett played in the PAC too!

2) Isiah Robertson. Little personal, but he dated my sister for a little while. Was always proud my parents had no issue with a black man dating their daughter, was a different time and era. Brother and I  were thrilled our sister was dating a Bill, could have been purple for we cared.

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Robert Royal- Was good for a good play, bad play, and a penalty a game

And the worst TD celebration I've ever seen.

45 minutes ago, The Alpha Fire said:

Shocked to see that hardly anybody else mentioned Chris Watson. I think they were playing Denver..? and the dude just kept getting beat, over and over again. 

Shout out to Brian Moormon...the leader of the drought. When the punter is your best player...

Watson was Phillips targeted FA when he joined the Bills.  I was expecting big things out of him.

He might be the worst starting defensive back I've seen with the Bills.  I think he started as a our nickel corner.  Man was he bad.

• Haha (+1) 1