Random Bills and what you remember them for

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Leif Larsen who broke the record for bench press reps at the time.  He did 45 reps of 225 lbs.

I just looked him up....he's a boxer now.

I remember him for being picked 5 picks before Tom Brady. 

Mine is John DiGiorgio, I loved him and remember him playing better than Poz when he was in there. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I remember him for being picked 5 picks before Tom Brady. 

Mine is John DiGiorgio, I loved him and remember him playing better than Poz when he was in there. 

Blast from the past!

Angelo Crowell. Always thought he was a stud but never could stay healthy... hindsight says maybe he was only just average. 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember him because we had our house in Lancaster up for sale in 71 or 72 and he came with another player to check it out. Problem was that the door jambs were too low, not for him, but for the other player that was with him... cannot remember That guy's name. Guess the consensus was that if he bought it a lot of big and tall people would be dropping by so it wouldn't work out. Pretty cool to have a couple of Bills come up and ring your door bell... the man died way too early:

John Leypoldt Is Dead at 40; Former Place-Kicker for Bills
AP
Published: February 8, 1987

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y., Feb. 7— John Leypoldt, a former place-kicker for the Buffalo Bills, died today of an apparent heart attack. He was 40 years old.

From 1971 to 1976, Leypoldt kicked 74 field goals and 147 extra points, both team records, for the Bills. His 369 points made him the team's second-leading scorer, behind O. J. Simpson and his 420 points.

Leypoldt was released by the Bills midway through the 1976 season and finished out the season with the Seattle Seahawks. He failed in an attempt to make a comeback with Buffalo in 1979. After his retirement, he was involved in real estate in the Buffalo area.

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

"It's 3rd and 17. And it's a DRAW to Shaud Williams up the middle. 2 yard gain. Bills will have to punt".

There was a guy on the BBMB whose user name was 3rdDownShaud. Cracked me up every time I saw it.