Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not surprised to see him in for a visit after the reported interest last season.  Sign Davis and Gaines hits the open market. 

....I doubt they roll the dice on Gaines' potential market value based on his injuries.....he certainly is a force when on the field, but the defense suffers when he doesn't play (believe club is <.500).......

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I doubt they roll the dice on Gaines' potential market value based on his injuries.....he certainly is a force when on the field, but the defense suffers when he doesn't play (believe club is <.500).......

Best ability is availability per your Buffalo Bills' HC McClappy. 

56 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'd be good with this signing. Bills have no CB depth. 

Not looking to break the bank for Davis, but if they can get him signed to a reasonable deal, then why not? 

Any hole we we can fill in free agency (for reasonable money) im all for. Frees up draft picks to get best player avaliable. 

One area that I have total faith in McDermott is the secondary.

If he feels that Davis is a fit, then I'm sure not going to question it. 

At times i dont know what these people watch.   Davis has always been far better in off man and zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

So much for Gaines

I do not agree. Gaines may not get some sweet offer due to injury.

Bills should keep him . Even  as a package player and give him a decent deal for his skill set.
I was hoping Bills would check out Davis !
No one napping at OBD : )

So much for Gaines

His availability has to be a major concern. Davis is a football player,period , I don't see any decline if we scooped Davis, with potential to be an upgrade!

And I have complete faith in McD when it comes to secondary.

Edited by JerseyBills

I think they realize Gaines will be too much $$ and he is going to be paid by someone....

I do not agree so quickly. It could happen for sure.
But he plays so well in this system . Be interesting to watch this one play out.
Would be sweet to have both IMO. Keep Leonard Johnson and maybe even Shareece for his Team play and not so awful bad anymore as 2nd string.

Secondary might be one of the best in the league with that depth of talent. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder if what we think is happening with Gaines (him outpricing himself) is actually true, if Davis gives us a relatively good starter (potentially even at the same level) and allows us to get a nickel guy like Aaron Colvin from Jax or Patrick Robinson from PHI?

who is the nickle back behind Johnson any ways ?

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

he did...I accidentally cross-referenced with Vernon Davis :lol:

I was thinking Vernon Reid, guitarist for Living Color. awesome guitarist.

These moments occur at your age.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm fairly certain that he was referring to Davis

i am fine with that deal.
any consensus here?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

I keep seeing this and I'm not sold he can get that much just because Sportrac has him at 9. We shall see..I doubt it though!

If it is the case that is too much for an oft injured guy.

agreed. hard to think thats real. he is playing in front and aside of two fine Safeties and and a guy that can single cover on the other side. He should to remain here since he fits the system. others might see that he will not look as good as he has here.
 I like Gaines, but i have to disagree about his market general market value. Some one will likely give him more than we should offer. : (

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I agree, he has always been good in off man coverage and zone.  Going back to his college scouting report.

"Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball."

Sounds familiar.. maybe McDermott should take a look into that style of defense  :P

thanks MAJ for the broadening the perspective on this guy.
 Thought he would be a good fit here.
Def worth the hard looksee

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You know that I will bang the table for OSU guys. Lattimore is a star. Denzel Ward is different but will be a really good pro corner IMO. He reminds me of a shadow. He is so incredibly fluid but a little under-sized. If he was 2 inches taller and 10 lbs. heavier he’d go in the top 5 imo. I think that he ends up in the middle of the round and is a nice addition there. 

Eli Apple is available

I am hoping we sign Vontae and Gainers.  Hey like Marv said- you can't have too many cornerbacks.  And besides, that will free us up to draft other needs.

And my tongue is in cheek regarding Eli Apple if you didn't already know

Edited by Pete

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Eli Apple is available

I am hoping we sign Vontae and Gainers.  Hey like Marv said- you can't have too many cornerbacks.  And besides, that will free us up to draft other needs.

And my tongue is in cheek regarding Eli Apple if you didn't already know

I was unsure. I thought about it as a possibility. Giants likely want to make him go away. Project ?
Then i realized you were having fun.:D
 Be cool to have both of them Davis and Gaines and healthy for a season.
sounds too luxurious for Bills Fans !

Edited by 3rdand12

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

His availability has to be a major concern. Davis is a football player,period , I don't see any decline if we scooped Davis, with potential to be an upgrade!

And I have complete faith in McD when it comes to secondary.

Availability, or lack thereof, may factor in many a decision this off-season. I would be on board with signing Davis and drafting another CB in the middle rounds

Edited by Fan in Chicago

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I was unsure. I thought about it as a possibility. Giants likely want to make him go away. Project ?
Then i realized you were having fun.:D
 Be cool to have both of them and healthy for a season.
sounds too luxurious for Bills Fans !

The GIants secondary was the most pathetic in football last year.  Apple is a self centered head case.  Janoris made Deion look like Jack Tatum.  And DMC took his ball and went home.  Eli is toxic

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's played well in press man at times, but the rap on him coming out of Maryland was that he was at his best in off-coverage and zone schemes because he's such a solid tackler and plays so well moving forward.

Vontae went to Illinois.  His brother Vernon went to Maryland.

And to offer another thought on the Bills and Gaines, it could be that the Bills don't want to re-sign him at all, based on his availability issues.  Although I hope that's not the case.

Edited by purple haze