Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, simpleman said:

You are dreaming if you think Gaines is two years 12 million. He will be asking for $12 mill a year and probably settle for 9-10 per year with 9-10 guaranteed.

I keep seeing this and I'm not sold he can get that much just because Sportrac has him at 9. We shall see..I doubt it though!

If it is the case that is too much for an oft injured guy.

Edited by horned dogs

43 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wasn't too long ago he was the best CB in football.  I always thought he was more of a press guy though.

He's played well in press man at times, but the rap on him coming out of Maryland was that he was at his best in off-coverage and zone schemes because he's such a solid tackler and plays so well moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He's played well in press man at times, but the rap on him coming out of Maryland was that he was at his best in off-coverage and zone schemes because he's such a solid tackler and plays so well moving forward.

Pretty sure he went to a Illinois

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if price will be driven up by not only the value of the CB position, but his scheme versatility and the lack of strength at that position in the draft. 

I don't think that's a problem.

It's not 2017 by any stretch, but I think you'll see at least 4-5 corners go in the 1st this year.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

he did...I accidentally cross-referenced with Vernon Davis :lol:

Hey, anybody can get their V Davises mixed up. Here a V Davis, there a V Davis, everywhere a V Davis, V Davis.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I am on board with this, would likely be relatively cheap.  Also is capable playing in both man and zone, Slight dropoff in man due to his age.  Would be a perfect No2 outside CB at this point in his career.

and some have said that White's best suited for slot CB, so you sign Davis, re-sign Gaines, sign DT Star Lotulelei and draft another DT, add a speedy LB to replace Brown to play with Milano  and play a majority of nickel defense, like McDermott did in the Carolina, and the D might improve. 

Edited by The Jokeman

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think that's a problem.

It's not 2017 by any stretch, but I think you'll see at least 4-5 corners go in the 1st this year.

You know that I will bang the table for OSU guys. Lattimore is a star. Denzel Ward is different but will be a really good pro corner IMO. He reminds me of a shadow. He is so incredibly fluid but a little under-sized. If he was 2 inches taller and 10 lbs. heavier he’d go in the top 5 imo. I think that he ends up in the middle of the round and is a nice addition there. 

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

It might be he is better suited to off coverage in our system as he ages.

I agree, he has always been good in off man coverage and zone.  Going back to his college scouting report.

"Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball."

I'd be good with this signing. Bills have no CB depth. 

Not looking to break the bank for Davis, but if they can get him signed to a reasonable deal, then why not? 

Any hole we we can fill in free agency (for reasonable money) im all for. Frees up draft picks to get best player avaliable. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One area that I have total faith in McDermott is the secondary.

If he feels that Davis is a fit, then I'm sure not going to question it. 

• Like (+1) 2