Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

Gaines deserves credit. He had a very good year , playing with 3 other guys that Never played with each other. 

But Davis , if healthy has a very good shot of being an upgrade. 

Think about this - all 4 of our starting secondary are super ball Hawks as well. His ball hawk skills are not being talked about enough, on a secondary with 3 other Hawks, good luck to opposing QBs. 

More food for thought- The secondary balled out with one of the worse pass rushes in the game. Just imagine how much better they'd be with one , sheeshhhhh..

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So if Gaines leaves that’ll officially be the last nail in the coffin that was the Tale of Sammy. What a disaster!

2nd Rd pick

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow. He looks phenomenal. Quick , heady and I imagine will be a perfect fit in this scheme. That article just got me even more excited about his potential to excel with this secondary.

In his prime a few years back when the Colts first got him from Miami he was very, very good.  Not sure we are quite getting that same player but he is a solid pickup, no question about it.  

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You do know that Sammy is a FA, right?  What is LA left with from that trade?

Exactly! Lol

Just now, GunnerBill said:

In his prime a few years back when the Colts took him he was very, very good.  Not sure we are quite getting that same player but he is a solid pickup, no question about it.  

Oh yeah he was elite as a Colt n Dolphin.

The examples the article showed, it looked like he was playing fast and confident and has always been regarded as a film guy with high football i.q which is perfect for this secondary. Also he's a ball hawk. I'm loving this move.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Nope.  Just my feeling.  Seemed like the players were saying goodbyes to him a few weeks ago, and now this.

Interesting that last week during an interview on NFLN Trey White mentioned that the Bills had an open CB spot with him lobbying for his former LSU teammate Donte Jackson. May have been related to Gaines not coming back.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting that last week during an interview on NFLN Trey White mentioned that the Bills had an open CB spot with him lobbying for his former LSU teammate Donte Jackson. May have been related to Gaines not coming back.

Yup.  I'd be interested to know whether Gaines didn't want to come back, was asking too much, the Bills didn't want him back, etc.  But we'll probably never know.

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Watkins, in the one of the most high powered offenses last year, whilst staying healthy, got outplayed by Cooper Kupp. The guys is always primed for a good season, he never has them. People need to stop living off hope with Watkins.

He never has them?  He had two EXCELLENT seasons in 2014 and 2015.   Nearly 80 yards per game in 2015.  That's not good......that's elite production.

Broke his foot and missed most of 2016 and got traded in preseason in 2017.    I suspect he puts up a HUGE season in 2018.  I wasn't one of those who projected crazy numbers for him in LA in 2017.........it was just too late in the process.    See the ATROCIOUS seasons Matthews and KB after arriving late in Buffalo.   Or the 150 yard season James Lofton had in 12 games with Jim Kelly in 1989 (and the 1800+ he put up the next two).     

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wasn't one of those who projected crazy numbers for him in LA in 2017.........it was just too late in the process.

Deonte Thompson with the Bills had about the same YPG as Sammy had with the Rams (31.9 to 39.5), despite being far less talented and showing up mid-season. He had 100 receiving yards in his first game off the plane from Chicago. That excuse doesn't work.

Edited by HappyDays