Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

Just now, WMDman said:

now that I think about it didnt we try to trade for him?....still think we bring gaines back tho

The was a report that the Bills made a call to the Colts about acquiring him.  They likely wanted stability at the position with Gaines in and out of the lineup so much.  Good thing they didn't as he needed surgery.  

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's more than that. I believe the interest is genuine.  

Yup, they would be getting a two time pro-bowler on a cheaper deal to replace Gaines possibly. This is a smart move kills two birds with one stone. If he was to sign that probably eliminates us drafting a CB early. 

He was getting around $9 million per on his last deal with the Colts. I'd guess he would want something towards that again, so the money may be an issue.

Tbh, if he came and played as well as he has done at times in the past, I'd say that that money would be worth it, as he has been exceptional at times.

If he could be had for $7 million per, that might still be a steal. As well as Gaines played when healthy last year, I'd still put a healthy Davis above him. 

Seems to me that I'm inadvertently putting a number on what I'd be prepared to pay Gaines, which is around $7 million per.

With Hyde and Poyer, getting the other starting CB opposite White, pretty much sets up our secondary well again, going into the draft, with the freedom to take another CB if we like one where a pick falls, as opposed to needing one.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't want him.  His play hasn't been good in years.  I assume he won't be here on a 1-2 million dollar deal.  CB is a big money position, that means you draft guys so you have them on rookie deals.  LB and safety are positions you can get in FA because they go cheaper.  People see the name and will think they are getting the 25 year old Davis.