Ride for Roswell 2018 (Raising some cash)

Roundybout

Cancer sucks. 

Last year, I posted a thread asking for donations, and you gents were incredibly generous. I made my goal, no problems. 

2017 was rough for me. A good family friend came down with ovarian cancer and succumbed in November. Cancer then decided to give me a gigantic middle finger and take my dog, as some of you here know. 

Thus, once again I am looking to give back to cancer patients by riding the 45 mile route this June in the Ride for Roswell, and I am asking for your help in making my goal. If anyone would be willing to donate to my fund, any amount, I would be extremely grateful. 

Thanks, guys! Go Bills. 

-Mike (BE)

http://give.roswellpark.org/site/TR/SpecialEvents/General?px=1079399&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

I feel for you, respect your support for this cause, and your view,  but having lost my Mom in 1982 to cancer, there have been way too many rides & walks since then, with not very much to show.  

Polio was cured, TB was cured because we didn't have "big pharma," who are in business to keep selling drugs rather than finding a cure

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and being a dog lover understand that loss too!

21 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I feel for you, respect your support for this cause, and your view,  but having lost my Mom in 1982 to cancer, there have been way too many rides & walks since then, with not very much to show.  

Polio was cured, TB was cured because we didn't have "big pharma," who are in business to keep selling drugs rather than finding a cure

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and being a dog lover understand that loss too!

My mother was a RN (Buffalo General) and she felt the same way before she passed in November of 1988.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

Cancer sucks. 

Last year, I posted a thread asking for donations, and you gents were incredibly generous. I made my goal, no problems. 

2017 was rough for me. A good family friend came down with ovarian cancer and succumbed in November. Cancer then decided to give me a gigantic middle finger and take my dog, as some of you here know. 

Thus, once again I am looking to give back to cancer patients by riding the 45 mile route this June in the Ride for Roswell, and I am asking for your help in making my goal. If anyone would be willing to donate to my fund, any amount, I would be extremely grateful. 

Thanks, guys! Go Bills. 

-Mike (BE)

http://give.roswellpark.org/site/TR/SpecialEvents/General?px=1079399&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

I have volunteered at  the 1st rest stop for the past 10+ years, stop by for some great PB&J sandwiches to re-fuel!

Edited by ricojes

16 hours ago, ricojes said:

I have volunteered at  the 1st rest stop for the past 10+ years, stop by for some great PB&J sandwiches to re-fuel!

You guys do way more than me! Thank you!

:beer:

• 4 weeks later...