IF we don’t get a FA QB, and can’t trade up....

Virgil

If all the desired FA QB’s sign elsewhere and if the top 4 QB’s are gone before we can trade up...

And without bitching about it or saying “trade up period”......

What would you like to see done with our picks?

I would want the Bills to hopefully try to trade back more. I wouldn’t care if they traded out of the first round altogether.  

Ideally, I’d trade a 1st this year for a 1st next year, to have the ammo for a possible trade up next year. I’d like to take our 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and make it 7 or 8. 

Basically, I want to build all the pieces we can and set ourselves up for a QB next year. I believe that quality of starter late first round is similar to second round picks.  We can really build a foundation and put ourselves in position for a QB next year. 

If we can fill the other holes with our draft this year, selling the farm to trade up for a QB the following year won’t hurt as much. 

My biggest fear to trading up this year is that we will have too many holes to fill and not the picks to fill them with. 

• Like (+1) 2

I do hope they get a QB they like without moving into the top ten.  Besides that, I'd like to see the DLine (two DTs and a DE) and OLine (G/C, RT) bolstered as well as a MLB added.  Focus on the trenches as games are won and lost there.  If we can't re-sign Gaines, we probably have to add a CB to the list.  Too much needed to needlessly spend moving into the top 10 picks.

Here is a draft that will fill many holes if we trade our first two picks and get Baker Mayfield. Also doesn't account for free agents that we will sign. (Using Drafttek)

1. QB Baker Mayfield

2. DT Harrison Phillips

2. LB Leighton Vander Esch

3. OC Bradley Bozeman

4. WR Dante Pettis

5. OT Ike Boettger

5. DT Olive Sagapolu

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

If all the desired FA QB’s sign elsewhere and if the top 4 QB’s are gone before we can trade up...

And without bitching about it or saying “trade up period”......

What would you like to see done with our picks?

I would want the Bills to hopefully try to trade back more. I wouldn’t care if they traded out of the first round altogether.  

Ideally, I’d trade a 1st this year for a 1st next year, to have the ammo for a possible trade up next year. I’d like to take our 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and make it 7 or 8. 

Basically, I want to build all the pieces we can and set ourselves up for a QB next year. I believe that quality of starter late first round is similar to second round picks.  We can really build a foundation and put ourselves in position for a QB next year. 

If we can fill the other holes with our draft this year, selling the farm to trade up for a QB the following year won’t hurt as much. 

My biggest fear to trading up this year is that we will have too many holes to fill and not the picks to fill them with. 

Good and the. Next year we can say well lets wait for a QB. I dont want to give up blah blah get a DT and OG blah blah 

GO GET THE QB THIS YEAR 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I should have known this would be impossible 

Well you gotta look at the fact that we've been passing up franchise QBs for so long while other teams have been getting theirs. We can't keep hoping for a diamond in the rough every year. With the picks we have, this may be the only chance we have to move up and roll the dice. Now if we end up signing a FA QB, then your idea has a shot of working

It’s not a view. It’s a question. Cousins may sign somewhere else. Other teams may not want to trade back to us or other teams might beat us to the punch. 

It’s a very real possibility. And IF that happens, then what?

Are you going to capon Goodell and tell him it’s unfair and we really need one?  

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Do we?

If I’m not mistaken, we have the most open positions in the league once the year starts

Just now, Virgil said:

It’s not a view. It’s a question. Cousins may sign somewhere else. Other teams may not want to trade back to us or other teams might beat us to the punch. 

It's happening,  one way or the other we will get a QB.

And if by some miracle (curse) that we don't, then  we go BPA and get one next year.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If I’m not mistaken, we have the most open positions in the league once the year starts

Virgil I understand what your saying but i really think that the "open positions" were starting to get filled last year even if they are not on the team yet.

We did a lot of tinkering with the back end of our roster to find guys that fit our team as we were signing and releasing players....some of those players that fit our team will be back.

The concern is to fill key spots....and to try to improve the team at certain postions

QB

DT

Pass Rush

LB

I think we are set at spots like WR, TE, RB, possibly OL depending on  how they fill about Glenn coming back and Miller taking his old spot back at RG....I think Cadet comes back to back up Shady.

It's a great question (despite the fact that no one is answering it).

I'm in the trade up at all costs if there's a QB we like camp. But as you say that might not be possible.

There are 5 QBs I would take a flyer on at 21 and maybe even 6 (Rudolph would be the 6th). So with your original 4 QB premise, I'd still probably use one of the picks on a QB and pray.

If all 5 or 6 QBs were gone, then I'm with you. Trade down if possible. Accumulate picks. Add solid players. Maybe take a mid-round flyer on one of the second tier QBs. And then try to get up high enough in the draft next year again to pick a blue chip QB.

• Like (+1) 1