Old Time Buffalo Bills Players

I was bored and looking up Bills stuff online when I discovered an old Bills player whom I had never heard of before but apparently he’s a “Bills legend.” Ron McDole played DE for the Bills from 1963 to 1970 and was named to the All-Time All-AFL second team. He also is the all time NFL leader in interceptions for a defensive lineman with 12. He currently ranks 44th all time in games played. The more you know....

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

6 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I was bored and looking up Bills stuff online when I discovered an old Bills player whom I had never heard of before but apparently he’s a “Bills legend.” Ron McDole played DE for the Bills from 1963 to 1970 and was named to the All AFL second team. He also is the all time leader in interceptions for a defensive lineman with 12. He currently ranks 44th all time in games played. The more you know....

Much better stuff to ponder than the usual. 

Disagree, Sestak was the man, if his knees hadn't gone south, would have been one of the first AFL players in Canton.  You couldn't run inside on Buffalo in the mid 60's 17 straight games without a rushing touchdown.  McDole had a long and distinguished career, but he was far from the best on the Bills D-Line in the championship years.  The D-Lineman then were the size of today's LB's.

8 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Disagree, Sestak was the man, if his knees hadn't gone south, would have been one of the first AFL players in Canton.  You couldn't run inside on Buffalo in the mid 60's 17 straight games without a rushing touchdown.  McDole had a long and distinguished career, but he was far from the best on the Bills D-Line in the championship years.  The D-Lineman then were the size of today's LB's.

What are you disagreeing with? No one above said he was the best Bills DL, although Colorado said he was his favorite.

Sadly I don’t remember any of them. I was born in ‘60, didn’t follow football until I was around 8, and even then only remember offensive players until years later.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Sestak Had a great little Bar with Paul Maguire, near the airport.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

HaHa.  I forgot all about that!

I think the pic is from Niagara U, when they practiced there.   Being a NU grad, I was sorry to see them leave for Fredonia.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Sestak Had a great little Bar with Paul Maguire, near the airport.

I think the pic is from Niagara U, when they practiced there.   Being a NU grad, I was sorry to see them leave for Fredonia.

Sounds right.

Darn, I wish I would of kept all that Bills memorabilia from the 60's.

Those Bells pictures, footballs cards, pennants, all gone who knows where! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills had a lot of great D Linemen in the 60's.

Ron McDole was my favorite.

There use to be a supermarket in Buffalo called Bells, I had a 8x10 picture of him that they gave away.

It was like this one.

ron mcdole.jpg

Wow Bells... LoL awhile back I was trying to remember the name of that store. I was explaining what used to be in the old neigh orhood when I was younger to my wife. Think it was on W. Ferry and Grant... Wow that was a good place to leave haha. Area has gotten rough over the years.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills had a lot of great D Linemen in the 60's.

Ron McDole was my favorite.

There use to be a supermarket in Buffalo called Bells, I had a 8x10 picture of him that they gave away.

It was like this one.

ron mcdole.jpg

I worked at Dubel's Bells on the Como Mall property in the late 70's.I remember Sunoco gas stations had stamps that they gave out..Bells did the same with the NHL. I believe this photo was taken on the Niagara University grounds during camp?

But the building in the background looks like Trico?

Edited by Misterbluesky

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

wasnt fun watching Mcdole play with the Redskins , by then the Bills were in the late 60's early 70's suck period. but Mcdole was thriving with the Redskins  

Isn't it easier to just say the Bills "didn't suck" period was 1990-1993?  Every other part of the team's existence has been a suck period.