Bills can kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Obviously these QBs can develop and become better than what they are 

but right now I would only be comfortable taking Rosen, Darnold and Baker round 1...

if jackson and Rudolph and even Allen fell to round 2 the value is would be good... they won't have as much pressure and can sit for a while and develop 

At this point I don't get rid of TT until we have another QB

I like this post. I honestly hope Bills remain disciplined in regard to QB via the Draft.

Have to draft one No question.
I like Interior D line early. And LBs to compliment. No to CB early. FA will fill that need.
Love to fix that O line though !!  And i do think it needs fixin' as a very high priority. I want That R side fixed and depth. for the left. 

But mostly i do NOT want to give what it will take to move up for one of two or three QBs that are highly sought after already.

Let it fall as it will, or very nearly :P

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

That would be 3 birds with 2 stones :thumbsup:

i thought the same. Frostbit has a fine idea for nice ROI.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I like this post. I honestly hope Bills remain disciplined in regard to QB via the Draft.

Have to draft one No question.
I like Interior D line early. And LBs to compliment. No to CB early. FA will fill that need.
Love to fix that O line though !!  And i do think it needs fixin' as a very high priority. I want That R side fixed and depth. for the left. 

But mostly i do NOT want to give what it will take to move up for one of two or three QBs that are highly sought after already.

Let it fall as it will, or very nearly :P

i thought the same. Frostbit has a fine idea for nice ROI.

Your initial response is a recipe to end up with no qb .they must spend whatever it takes, it’s not optional imo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I wouldn't be mad at this at all   I'm still wondering what happened to Miller though, I thought he had a bright future. I also think Glenn is as good as gone , anytime you can play a LT on a rookie contract that's a huge advantage for your Franchise. 

Not if you have a turnstile at RT.  Plenty of teams are lining their best pass rushers up against the RT, or whoever the weak point of the line is.  It's been YEARS since we got strong play out of RT, I was under the impression Dawkins was drafted to shore up RT (they also pursued Ricky Wagner in FA) and it was  happy accident he played well as a plug in at LT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Not if you have a turnstile at RT.  Plenty of teams are lining their best pass rushers up against the RT, or whoever the weak point of the line is.  It's been YEARS since we got strong play out of RT, I was under the impression Dawkins was drafted to shore up RT (they also pursued Ricky Wagner in FA) and it was  happy accident he played well as a plug in at LT.

Yea I am all about 2 bookend tackles now... this isn't the 70s. The best pass rushers line up everywhere now

and you NEED a good RT to block the Khalil Macks of the world

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Your initial response is a recipe to end up with no qb .they must spend whatever it takes, it’s not optional imo

I do shift my thinking at times.

But as I posted above "  Have to draft one No question. "
 I do not want Bills reaching to the top ten from where they are now. Can see them making some savvy moves up and down this year.
It's another season of rebuilding. I cannot see Bills Drafting a Starting QB from this years draft. that's just me

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

but right now I would only be comfortable taking Rosen, Darnold and Baker round 1...

if jackson and Rudolph and even Allen fell to round 2 the value is would be good... they won't have as much pressure and can sit for a while and develop 

So if Jackson were available at 21-22 you would say "pass" at this point?

I would love to have Jackson or Rudolph in the 2nd (or even Allen) but if they're there when we pick at 21-22, no guarantee they make it into the 2nd.

I'm with you on TT, in fact one step further: keep until we have another QB who demonstrates they can play better

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Miller goes back to starting RG. He'll be close to his old form before the Dennison scheme weeded him out. Groy can start at C if need be, but ideally, he remains the C/G swing man. If somehow we Do manage a starting C in the draft or FA, and get Miller back in for Ducasse, or line would look alot better. And with Cordy's age/health, he might be best served as our RT. Starters would look really good like Dawkins/Incognito/Price,Groy, FA/ Miller/Glenn

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I wouldn't be mad at this at all   I'm still wondering what happened to Miller though, I thought he had a bright future. I also think Glenn is as good as gone , anytime you can play a LT on a rookie contract that's a huge advantage for your Franchise. 

Miller ended up in the dog house when he struggled with the wonderful Zone blocking scheme.  Evidently Dennison never heard the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fixit".  Also Vlad was evidently a love child of Castillo.  Hopefully things change this year.  I also don't expect Glenn to last.  I think he will be part of a draft deal.

7 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I think Miller goes back to starting RG. He'll be close to his old form before the Dennison scheme weeded him out. Groy can start at C if need be, but ideally, he remains the C/G swing man. If somehow we Do manage a starting C in the draft or FA, and get Miller back in for Ducasse, or line would look alot better. And with Cordy's age/health, he might be best served as our RT. Starters would look really good like Dawkins/Incognito/Price,Groy, FA/ Miller/Glenn

Or maybe they find their swing man in the draft or through FA.  I thought Groy was pretty solid.  He didn't have the savvy of Wood but was much more physical.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would love to have Jackson or Rudolph in the 2nd (or even Allen) but if they're there when we pick at 21-22, no guarantee they make it into the 2nd.

I'm with you on TT, in fact one step further: keep until we have another QB who demonstrates they can play better

Agree and it's a tough question hapless... I am always very reserved with QBs especially when I put my name behind them...

its easy to like the talent in Jackson , and Allen and Rudolph 

but if I put my stamp on everybody that had talent I would lose my objectiveness. I really try to be harsh yet fair with every QB and I have no problem backing Darnold, Rosen , Baker as the Franchise 

can Rudolph and Jackson and Allen turn out good... absolutely... Rudolph throws a nice football 

but i I need to see more to give them my actual stamp of approval... I will do a QB Film Room on Jackson so maybe I will see him differently after

I did the first 3 so fast and I've been swamped with other obligations but they will be up asap

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

If the Bills do not trade up and sit on the clock at 21-22 they can make a non flashy, but a very Dividends paying pick

if we sit at 21-22 and no QB is available I would run to the podium to select Billy Price C/OG from OSU

He is freakishly strong and very explosive and looks like a 12+ year mauler 

Slotting Price at C , we can move Groy to RG and kill 2 birds with 1 stone

we also can then flip Dawkins or Glenn to RT and we have a solid pair of bookend Tackles for years

Glenn-Incognito-Price-Groy-Dawkins looks like a damn fine line to me

Sounds Good, then we can grab DT Ron Payne with the other pick.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I threw up in my mouth just a little bit when I read this.

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd pass. I'm so sick of running QBs in the NFL as they usually get figured out and beaten with a few exceptions. As exciting they can be in college they tend to not do so well as a pocket passer.

The Panthers just fired their OC in an attempt to develop Newton into more of a pocket passer. Russell Wilson is the only exception and even he needs a better line to protect him. 

Six QBs might go in the first round and I'm hoping Buffalo takes one of five that don't want to run all the time. Baker Mayfield is a runner too, although he uses his mobility to buy time to make plays like Wilson. Him I want! No to Jackson. 

• Thank you (+1) 1