Thoughts and speculations

Tipster19

9 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I think these are good points. Very few of these guys being tossed around as "bridge" QBs actually want (or think they deserve) to be temporary fill-ins until a rookie can replace them. They're going to want to go to a place where they can be the starter for multiple years, if possible. Buffalo is not that place.

Watching TT can definitely be painful at times, and he is not the long-term answer by any means, but if you're looking for a bridge QB, it's going to be hard to beat him for all of the reasons Alphadawg states, especially #5.

Thanks, and yeah, my post shouldn't be confused as if its some support for TT to remain the starter...simply put, he's by far the best "bridge" option.  Although if we can trade him and get value for him, even better as we can use all the assets we can get.  And like I said, how cares who the bridge guy is...we can roll Peterman out there even if we lose every game we start...its not about that bridge guy...its about the future of the QB we drafted.  In fact, not even a bad thing if we lose a lot early before the rookie starts, we wont win the SB with a rookie QB next year and all the other holes we are filling.  So losing only helps our draft position in 2019 as we really start to make a push like Rams and Eagles did in year 2 of their rookie QB's journey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks, and yeah, my post shouldn't be confused as if its some support for TT to remain the starter...simply put, he's by far the best "bridge" option.  Although if we can trade him and get value for him, even better as we can use all the assets we can get.  And like I said, how cares who the bridge guy is...we can roll Peterman out there even if we lose every game we start...its not about that bridge guy...its about the future of the QB we drafted.  In fact, not even a bad thing if we lose a lot early before the rookie starts, we wont win the SB with a rookie QB next year and all the other holes we are filling.  So losing only helps our draft position in 2019 as we really start to make a push like Rams and Eagles did in year 2 of their rookie QB's journey.

Difficult to argue any of this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

you lost me when you mentioned getting rid of incognito. and not because of football reasons. 

Please go back and reread what I said. The guy is definitely in the end of his career. I like him, nothing personal but like so many people have reminded everybody this is still a business.

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

That’s not a hateful idea about switching Cordy to the right side. It all comes down to Glenn staying healthy and if Beane wants to pay that for a RT. I suppose they could though due to  Dawkins being on a much cheaper contract. That would leave RG as the only soft spot on the OL, regardless if they replace Incognito with Norwell.

1pr 2 other thoughts I forgot to share and that is good for Blake Bortles on getting an extension. The guy stepped up and took an awful lot of abuse earlier in the season. The guy carries himself with a ton of class.

the other point is I wonder just how desperate Denver really is for a QB and how Chad Kelly is doing. Either Kelly is a hidden jewel and Denver isn’t really in such a dire straits for a QB or Kelly isn’t the answer, which makes it more palatable that the Bills didn’t draft him. 

I live in Colorado, Kelly isn't even in the QB conversation.................nor should he be.

The average Donkey fan doesn't want any of the current QBs.

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Please go back and reread what I said. The guy is definitely in the end of his career. I like him, nothing personal but like so many people have reminded everybody this is still a business.

leave the SJW BS OUT ok. you put in about the alleged nonsense about the problem with the JAX player. who gives a sh-t.   why bring it up? otherwise i until i stopped , you seemed to be on to something regarding the team

Edited by dwight in philly

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with you on TT.  Only time will determine what the future holds.  I don't think the GM's job is to cuddle.  It's a cut throat business and sentiment, while comforting, can lead you down the wrong path.

Idk... I can't see getting rid of Incognito. Hes still playing well and our OL is already shoddy. Even if Groy steps in for Woods we still need a swing center/g. I think if they dont make a move for a QB they are nabbing a OL with that 21st pick. I'd like Price...

Glenn has been hurt. Maybe they could trade him but then we have another hole on the line. If they are comfortable his injury situation is sorted out we have to keep him. He has been a solid LT when healthy. If not they should probably just move on sooner than later. Which imo makes pick 22 another o line pick. 

I don't want Taylor moved if it's only for a temporary replacement. Unless they are drafting a QB they expect to take over as the starter or signing a vet who they plan on starting more than 1 year. Imo none of these FA QBs are the anwser. Cousins contract will be big... Bradford I like but he is injury prone. On and on I have my reasons. IF they could manage Cousins I suppose I'd feel good about our QB situation and look forward to how they build around him. I just highly doubt we land him. Bradford could be good but I just don't see his body holding up.

If they dont move up and sit at 21 and 22 there are a few ways they could go that would make sense to me. 21 Price to replace Wood and we still have Groy as the swing. 22 get a DT like Payne... If Meatball retires our d line is in desperate need of talent. Heck even if he stays they could use Payne.

Then they need a CB... I think they sort that out via FA though. I don't think Gaines plans on staying given Tre Whites comments.

I'm looking forward to seeing how McDermott and Beanes first off season together goes. It will give us a good idea of what kind of team we will be watching for the next few years.

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is the big problem people like you completely disregard about Bradford.  Its not like he wouldnt be a good Bridge QB...but there are a number of things people grossly overlook about the reality of it.

1. Bradford is NOT going to come to Buffalo on a 1 year deal to be a seat warmer to a rookie.  He wont even be sure he will play a single game if the rookie came on strong and won the job.  And if he does play, he doesn't know how many games he will get, and then he has to really shine in every opportunity as he wont know how many he will get as any bad game can end his stretch as as starter.  So he has to now perform consistently well in a very bad weather outdoor stadium behind a shaky OL and questionable WR group on a run first team with a first time OC who has a terrible track record in the NFL at OC.  
    1. NO ONE is talking about how unappealing that will be to a caliber of QB like Bradford who will have many options to choose from.  There is literally ZERO reason to take the Bills job as a bridge.  
  2. And if Bradford is a bridge to a rookie, the Bills are going to have to pay him more than Tyrod and give him a multi year deal.  Thats a terrible move for the Bills.  That rookie will take over at some point in 2018, or at beginning of 2019 season.  That means you now have an expensive backup chewing up cap space on your bench because in order to get Bradford we had to give him good money and 2 to 3 year deal.

Not only is Bradford as a bridge very unrealistic, but its also a terrible idea for the Bills to even do in the first place.  If we draft a high QB...thats our future.  Does NOT matter in any way shape or form who is the "bridge", their day is numbered.  

Tyrod on the other hand:  

1. Loved by his teammates and hardest working guy on this team.
  2. Winning record with 2 HC's and 3 OC's in 3 years and hardly no talent to throw to due to injuries, FA, and trades.
  3. Led us to the playoffs already.
  4. Knows the team and players.
  5. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...is cheap and ONLY has 1 year left on his deal.  Meaning, next year we do NOT have a pricey backup chewing up cap space.  When Tyrod isnt resigned, we either roll with Peterman (assuming he can earn the backup job) who is cheap, or we go sign a cheap backup QB to backup the rookie.  

So why on Earth should the Bills chew up future cap space to keep the seat warm for a kid who might even win the job outright in preseason and camp?  I mean even if we keep Tyrod, he may not even step on the field in 2018 if the kid comes out strong like Wilson, Dak, etc did.  It would be a major mistake to give someone like Bradford the kind of deal to come here to use him as a short bridge.  Not to mention he is injury prone and our OL is not good at keeping QB's upright. 

Tyrod is the right bridge, and none of the better FA QB's are going to come to crappy weather Buffalo for one year where they dont know how many games, if any, they can play.  They will have better situations to both compete to start or as bridge guys where at least the weather and/or weapons are better.  

Now if we can TRADE Tyrod, then great, get something for him and sign a cheaper backup guy...Kap, McCown, etc might all consider it as they wont have the same options someone like Bradford, Keenum, or even Teddy will have.

I think u said alot of things here but in all honesty i don't agree with u. 

#1- Bradford will definitely entertain the possibility of playing in Buffalo. There's only 6 teams that will be either looking for a starter/bridge guy. Cousins the only starter of this bunch that won't be essentially a bridge.  The rest of them are McCarron,  Keenum,  Bridgewater,  Bradford & Taylor those 5 are bridge starters at this point.  None of them will sign huge contracts unless teams are protecting themselves with easy outs. All of them are just looking to start somewhere to prove they are long term solutions. 

#2 - No team will give Bradford a long term deal with guranteed money.  That's absolutely insane.  Look for him to sign either a 1 yr deal for 10mil guranteed with incentives for each gm he starts probably around 500k per gm that equals out to 18mil if he plays a full season.  If he signs a multi year deal look for it to have easy outs and less Gurantee money so teams won't kill there cap if they have to cut him. 

#3- The Bills are a great destination to come to play . Why because we are not sitting at the top of the draft in a position to land 1 of the big 4 QBs in this draft.  Us as well as Arz might be a spot where one of these guys can stick longterm or to play at least 2yrs depending on who we draft at QB if we stay at 21-22 . Rudolph, Lamar  or even Allen might need multiple yrs on the bench to develop into starter caliber players if not at all.  So yes QBs will be watching our situation closely.  Btw the weather thing is over blown we only play a couple gms a yr in inclement conditions. 

#4- I got a question for u is Tyrod the driver of the bus or just a passenger? I believe he's a passenger.  He's not the main reason we made the playoffs nowhere near it.  Actually the turnovers our D created was the biggest advantage we had just look at the numbers when we forced 1 or less turnvers per gm  we averaged 12.9 pts per gm 2 or more 25. 

#4 - Familiarity this one makes me laugh. Familiarity with mediocrity is what i call it. Tyrod sucks he can't do QB type things well like lead his Wrs open,  give them opportunity for Yac, doesn't have anticipation skills or Vision, isn't accurate from the pocket and his timing is horrible. He doesn't check the boxes for a QB unless he's running a gimmick style offense.  

#5 - Again Tyrod  where in your top 5 reasons for keeping him did u mention anything that has to do with actually playing QB. I see a bunch of intangibles but no ability.  At the end of the day we know who Tyrod is and we have been down this road before I'd rather turn the page and give someone else a chance.  I'm tired of finishing in the bottom 3 in passing.  Maybe with one of those other QBs available we can move up to 20th overall am i asking for to much? Lol.