Jaguars Have Signed Bortles to a Contract Extension

26CornerBlitz

25 mil guaranteed is like 12.5ish per year. Not a whole lot really. He was quite good towards the end of their season and also against the steelers and Patriots. I coukd see him being pretty decent next year. My guess is the jags don't wanna start from scratch with a rookie qb. 

Just now, Steptide said:

25 mil guaranteed is like 12.5ish per year. Not a whole lot really. He was quite good towards the end of their season and also against the steelers and Patriots. I coukd see him being pretty decent next year. My guess is the jags don't wanna start from scratch with a rookie qb. 

Yea, not a bad deal in all honesty.  They made the AFC championship with him for pete sake.  

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I think if the Jaguars have Cousins last year they probably win the Super Bowl.

That is quite possible.  Cousins is an upgrade over Bortles, but still not worth $25-30M/year in my opinion.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

That is quite possible.  Cousins is an upgrade over Bortles, but still not worth $25-30M/year in my opinion.

Cost is always a factor with a hard salary cap.  The Jags have lots of young talent that they will have to pay once rookie deals begin to expire.