Would You Give JF a Flyer at QB ??

T master

6 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

OKAY. I am old. I saw JF as Joe Ferguson... then I was about to say why not!

Same here  :lol:

Amazing that people are still clinging to the Manziel fantasy.   Hey, maybe Tebow is available -- all he did was win!

12 hours ago, T master said:

He's was no where near the character of player that Mc Bean & company is looking for & i don't think he would be given that chance with the Bills but if there was a way to write a contract with 0 guarantee's , all performance based as far as how he handles his commitment to being a upstanding NFL teammate, player, & person would you as a NFL fan in general give him a shot on our team ??

This person would be none other than Johnny " Football " Manzel ?? Josh Gordon got a second chance !

Also Richie Incognito was given a second chance with the Bills & has been a great add although that was given by the previous regime & as i said in the beginning i don't think that Mc Bean & company would ever consider him with all the crap he pulled but i was wondering just what the Bills fans might think ??

I'm not real sure if he would have to have a certain amount of games that he would be suspended or not for what he had done or if Goodell would even allow this to go through or not but its just a passing thought given it's the off season & the Bills need a QB ...

If this has been talked about i apologize i didn't research it ... So what say you ?? Is he worth it or is his NFL career over ??

He needs to go to Canada to see if he can play and then come down if he can.

• Like (+1) 1

The only Buffalo memory I want of that Fool is Meatball flattening him on his first play ever.

He fumbles and and the Bills recover for a TD.............but wait there is a late fantom flag for a false start.

I guess they needed to come up with something quick so as not to get the supposed new NFL Hero embarrassed on his first play in the league .

I say Hell No as I have said a hundred times before .

I would rather have TT and everyone knows how I feel about an RB at QB.

Edited by JMF2006

19 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

JF? James Franco? I think he’s a great actor. Pineapple Express and This is the End are two of my favorite movies of all time

He would just be pretending to be be a QB, how would that be any different than what we’ve had got last twenty  years?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Boom

...and that's what happens when little boys play with chemistry sets and alcohol/drugs......the azzclown has a $300,000 one year deal on the table in the CFL but is demanding $500,000.....if you were purportedly "clean", confident and committed, wouldn't you take the deal to prove naysayers wrong?...as Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid....stupid is forever".....thank God McD has principles for players....

On 2/24/2018 at 3:08 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Richie Incognito was given a second chance because at the time his career blew up, he was playing NFL football at a high level.  Josh Gordon will get a 2nd chance because he put up an amazing 1646 yds in 2013 with Campbell and Weedon throwing at him then got suspended, and you know, if leave a slot for a WR you can carry 5 or 6 other WR on your roster as a  backup plan, they play special teams and stuff.

Addiction is a horrible disease.    It is insidious, and some addicts in recovery have characterized it as "one mistake and down you go".

But more to the point, JFF has yet to show anyone he can play football at a CFL, let alone an NFL, level.  IMO if he had chosen to go CFL and played well a season or two, he would get a shot.  But a couple of weeks in a spring league?  Not enough to be worth a roster spot at a space where most teams carry 2, sometimes 3.

Agree with everything above

I keep reading about “will they take a flyer on TBD player”.  I have always thought that this meant to spend a lower round pick on a player with very good physical talent, but either not a lot of production or production at a lower level of competition.

I don’t see even a top 3 round pick as “taking a flyer”.

What do other folks see this as?

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, jmc12290 said:

We've wasted roster spots on this list of QB's for TC and the offseason.

Matt Flynn

Jordan Palmer (great footwork)

Thad Lewis

EJM

Matt Leinhart

Greg McElroy

Vince Young

Joe Johnson

Tavaris Jackson

Jeff Tuel

Suffice it to say, I disagree.

You forgot Tyrod Taylor.