Would You Give JF a Flyer at QB ??

T master

1 minute ago, Niagara said:

Initially, Jim Kelly did not want to come here, skipped on debts and had a bar room incident. Then he found Jesus, and became a HOF QB. Maybe we will find another HOF QB and maybe we will just have to suffer another twenty years. Good Luck.

Hold up, are you comparing JF to Jim Kelly? Yikes. 

Also when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking Josh Freeman.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's not an NFL caliber talent IMO.  

Manziel was in the process of finding his game at the pro-level... He arrested his own development, and now it's hard for people to trust him.

I'd like to see how he handles the bullsh_t league he's playing in now.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Manziel was in the process of finding his game at the pro-level... He arrested his own development, and now it's hard for people to trust him.

I'd like to see how he handles the bullsh_t league he's playing in now.

Running around to make broken plays is not a sustainable way to play QB at the NFL level with an expectation of any consistency.  Manziel doesn't possess any physical skills that make him viable or set him apart at the NFL level.  

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

I believe Manziel can still play in the NFL... But there are players. I think, more deserving of a second chance.

(*sigh*)  Karlos Williams! -WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!

:)

Karlos Is Key!!

mcD would hate him, but that kid could play 

Edited by YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Running around to make broken plays is not a sustainable way to play QB at the NFL level with an expectation of any consistency.  Manziel doesn't possess any physical skills that make him viable or set him apart at the NFL level.  

Every rookie NFL QB needs to find their own game... Every young man needs to find himself... Johnny is a natural athlete that dominated his position at the college level.

I don't agree with everything he does... That said, it's HIS live, and he likes to live to the fullest... The NFL definitely did the right thing by turning their back on him.

However, If he's truly gotten his act together, and is finally serious about football he deserves an opportunity at redemption.... Maybe this isn't the time.

Let's see how things play out.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Karlos Is Key!!

:lol:

If he ever comes back, The follow-up thread will be: "Should the Bills Key-in on Karlos?"

Edited by #34fan

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Every rookie NFL QB needs to find their own game... Every young man needs to find himself... Johnny is a natural athlete that dominated his position at the college level.

I don't agree with everything he does... That said, it's HIS live, and he likes to live to the fullest... The NFL definitely did the right thing by turning their back on him.

However, If he's truly gotten his act together, and is finally serious about football he deserves an opportunity at redemption.... Maybe this isn't the time.

Let's see how things play out.

Key words.  He'll never make it. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Key words.  He'll never make it. 

Few shared that sentiment when the Browns used a first round pick on him in '14...

He has a lot to prove... If his act is truly together, another opportunity shouldn't be out of the question.

No.  Vick showed that on his own ability he could beat alot of teams and carry a team.  To believe he never studied his playbook once in atlanta is crazy.  He beat Farve in GB in the playoffs.  Manzie is at best a middling NFL Qb.  No reason to start a pr fire over a camp arm.

Edited by Mat68

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's just wrong.  He had A LOT of skeptics.  Had Haslam not fallen in love with the narrative he could have slid well into round 2.

Yes there were skeptics... Peopled that questioned his character.... Taking him where the Brown took him, etc...

What I don't recall, is a whole lot of  this "He'll never make it"  talk... A lot of his critics saw his upside.

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No reason to start a pr fire over a camp arm.

This is exactly the reason he's going to fight a huge uphill battle to break back into the league.  It's the same thing that did in Tebow.  No franchise wants the guy just battling to make the roster be the reason ESPN sets up shop in your camp.

Just now, #34fan said:

Yes there were skeptics... Peopled that questioned his character.... Taking him where the Brown took him, etc...

What I don't recall, is a whole lot of  this "He'll never make it"  talk... A lot of his critics saw his upside.

He does nothing special as a QB or as an athlete at the NFL level.  Add in his major character concerns that make him toxic you have a no thanks. 

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Wow, imagine being a second round pick at QB?  That basically means nobody believes in you.

Way to miss the point entirely.  The famous Patriots scouting report went public.  Several teams removed him from their draft board.  I only say into the second round because there's no way Jerruh passes up bringing him to Dallas, but a good portion of the league saw him for the clown show he always was.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Way to miss the point entirely.  The famous Patriots scouting report went public.  Several teams removed him from their draft board.  I only say into the second round because there's no way Jerruh passes up bringing him to Dallas, but a good portion of the league saw him for the clown show he always was.

I wouldn't have drafted him with a 7th round pick.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

LOL talk about hyperbole.

Not worth the headache as a **** face of a franchise and a game that doesn't translate to the NFL.  CFL talent.  Trevor Siemian!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz