Geno = Flat Earth Truther?

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hey while you’re at it how about mocking Muslim belief too? No?

Lol. Maybe because it was nothing personal against Christians and instead has to do with the fact that their actually are millions of Americans who believe that, and they unfortunately have a powerful political presence?

But that’s right, the Islamic lobby is even more powerful and their voters even more numerous in this country. Oh wait...

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I never said that. Or even implied that. 

But when you have people dismissing clearly factual, and easily verifiable, pieces of information solely because it was written by "the lame stream media", I'm sorry but it is an issue. 

Facts are facts, period. (and just to make sure I'm clear - I am not saying or implying that every article written by the main stream media is fact). 

I guess the part that threw me was, "there's whole large groups of people that refuse to believe ...most anything from the mainstream media)" (removed was 'facts or' (the 'or' leads one to think the first part of the sentence applies to both the before and after of 'or')). so i apologise if i took the implication wrongly.

facts are most always fact, except when they aren't.

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely. Although, our own homegrown zealots have had a violent streak from time to time. 

I've had some interesting chats with people of all faiths, and it's all mostly bonkers to me. People afraid to accept that there's so much we don't get to know.

And back to Geno yet again, is anyone even surprised by this? He just never seemed to have it upstairs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I guess the part that threw me was, "there's whole large groups of people that refuse to believe ...most anything from the mainstream media)" (removed was 'facts or' (the 'or' leads one to think the first part of the sentence applies to both the before and after of 'or')). so i apologise if i took the implication wrongly.

facts are most always fact, except when they aren't.

I see what you're saying. My apologies as well. I could have been more clear in my initial post. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Definitely. Although, our own homegrown zealots have had a violent streak from time to time. 

I've had some interesting chats with people of all faiths, and it's all mostly bonkers to me. People afraid to accept that there's so much we don't get to know.

And back to Geno yet again, is anyone even surprised by this? He just never seemed to have it upstairs.

I think he’s the one who showed up late to a team meeting when they were on the west Coast because he didn’t understand the time difference 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I see what you're saying. My apologies as well. I could have been more clear in my initial post. 

it's all good.

the thing with the Flat Earth movement is that it is a rather large meme. to my way of thinking, i think the more important and perhaps more relevant question is, who is pushing the meme and what is the hidden agenda. i have ideas but im a conspiracy nut so....

35 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Pretty sure that muslims also believe in the same young earth creation story, if they are "literalists", because the christian texts are also holy texts in islam, so in a way he was also mocking muslims who take that story literally too. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I appreciate your openness and all that, but your approach to evolution is a bit...limited. Why would crocodiles evolve dramatically (except to become smaller over the eons) when what they do works perfectly well for their survival? 

That's a pretty limited approach in my eyes as well. You don't think it would be in the best interest of any other species to have their brains grow 300% practically overnight to make them the top of the food chain? That's pretty funny. Humans are very much out of place on this planet. We have back problems from walking upright, we are defenseless as babies for many months, we would die if we lived outside in the elements so we need to build houses or live in caves, we wear other animals' fur to stay warm, we need to make tools to hunt. Also, I'm still waiting for the monkeys to evolve since we used to be them. Surely there are half monkey half humans out there somewhere

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

That's a pretty limited approach in my eyes as well. You don't think it would be in the best interest of any other species to have their brains grow 300% practically overnight to make them the top of the food chain? That's pretty funny. Humans are very much out of place on this planet. We have back problems from walking upright, we are defenseless as babies for many months, we would die if we lived outside in the elements so we need to build houses or live in caves, we wear other animals' fur to stay warm, we need to make tools to hunt. Also, I'm still waiting for the monkeys to evolve since we used to be them. Surely there are half monkey half humans out there somewhere

You're getting colder.

52 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Muslims consider parts of the Old Testament and the Gospels as Holy Scripture ... and not all Christians, including the billions who adhere to the Roman Catholic Church, believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible and/or disavow evolution.  The Catholic Church reconciled its doctrine on creation with the theory of evolution in the 1890s.  

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Muslims consider parts of the Old Testament and the Gospels as Holy Scripture ... and not all Christians, including the billions who adhere to the Roman Catholic Church, believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible and/or disavow evolution.  The Catholic Church reconciled its doctrine on creation with the theory of evolution in the 1890s.  

Its all BS...so stop talking about this stuff!

Catholics are still waiting:  its been over 2000 years!

• Thank you (+1) 1