Geno = Flat Earth Truther?

YoloinOhio

Good lord. 

These conspiracy theory nuts seem to be spreading in recent years. It's actually scary. 

How do you battle this stuff when the people you are fighting against don't believe in FACTS? (and it's not just flat earthers either... there's whole large groups of people that refuse to believe facts or most anything from the mainstream media). 

I mean, there is just soooooooooo much proof that the earth is round, you'd have to be crazy to believe anything else. 

Why in the !@#$ would NASA, the US and every other country around the world want to go to so much trouble to push a "round earth" conspiracy theory to begin with? What could they possibly have to gain from It? 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Good lord. 

These conspiracy theory nuts seem to be spreading in recent years. It's actually scary. 

How do you battle this stuff when the people you are fighting against don't believe in FACTS? (and it's not just flat earthers either... there's whole large groups of people that refuse to believe facts or most anything from the mainstream media). 

I mean, there is just soooooooooo much proof that the earth is round, you'd have to be crazy to believe anything else. 

Why in the !@#$ would NASA, the US and every other country around the world want to go to so much trouble to push a "round earth" conspiracy theory to begin with? What could they possibly have to gain from It? 

The sales from round globes to the public school system. Our whole ecosystem is based on that money. Connect the dots...

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's physics.  Aggregation of material under gravity results in a spherical shape above a certain certain size.  A flat earth requires a completely new and locally wildly different theory of gravity.

If Geno were to read this, I’m sure he’d immediately change his tune! He seems like the type who is attracted to physics. 

• Haha (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

:ph34r:

This explains so much. #offseasonthreads

....Genome is actually from Krypton which is known to be flat.....his mistaken landing on Earth has the lad all confused............which is why the Jets picked 'em.....a marriage of befuddleds...

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's physics.  Aggregation of material under gravity results in a spherical shape above a certain certain size.  A flat earth requires a completely new and locally wildly different theory of gravity.

You should hear what these people, and closely related electric universe "theorists", think about physics and gravity in particular. They don't care what physics says.

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

If Geno were to read this, I’m sure he’d immediately change his tune! He seems like the type who is attracted to physics. 

As a quarterback who plays in different stadiums around the country, he should be well aware of the theory of gravity and how it varies locally.

30 minutes ago, holmz56 said:

My girlfriend in high school  claimed she was flat ,and I concurred !She was the valedictorian !!

Being flat, she will probably be less susceptible to gravity later. Maybe. You should ask DC Tom or Geno. They know this physics stuff.  And maybe Boyst. 

I'm into conspiracy theories but this one is dumb. But if you can wrap your head around everyone being in on covering up the fact that the earth is flat then what are your thoughts on some of the more logical ones? Id really be interested to hear their thoughts. They should round up a bunch of the more famous flat Earth theory guys and do a tv show where they look into other conspiracies and paranormal stuff. I'd watch that!