Buffalo Bills a Prime FA destination?

Buffalo716

8 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Probably due to those 20-something millionaires that were wanted then not wanted.....but originally wanted to be wanted in Buffalo....and signed. Buffalo is the same place it has been for 15 years. I doubt FA's see it much differently. I just hope the underrated guys keep signing here. We've seen big FA pushes and small pushes alike, but sustained strength has been absent for decades.

I disagree.  Having a potential HOF'er and well-liked guy like Shady talking up the city and fans helps a lot.  And even more so after breaking the 17-year playoff drought.  Again it's not a prime destination, but it's more attractive than it's been in decades.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

I disagree.  Having a potential HOF'er and well-liked guy like Shady talking up the city and fans helps a lot.  And even more so after breaking the 17-year playoff drought.  Again it's not a prime destination, but it's more attractive than it's been in decades.

I agree it’s more attractive than recent years but let’s not pretend to know what Shady says to other football players. 

When he’s talking to the media he’s saying all the right things. It’s what you do if you’re smart and you want those big checks to keep coming. They all do it, it’s part of the job. Fluff pieces in the news don’t enter the equation when signing. The private texts from a college teammate that played for Buff, or current bills player bud is what matters. 

We have no idea what they say in private. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

46 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I agree it’s more attractive than recent years but let’s not pretend to know what Shady says to other football players. 

When he’s talking to the media he’s saying all the right things. It’s what you do if you’re smart and you want those big checks to keep coming. They all do it, it’s part of the job. Fluff pieces in the news don’t enter the equation when signing. The private texts from a college teammate that played for Buff, or current bills player bud is what matters. 

We have no idea what they say in private.

True.  But even if he didn’t like the city and it’s fans, why would he trash them privately, at least to players that he feels could help the team?  It doesn’t make sense, unless you think he doesn’t care about winning, which would be dumb.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

True.  But even if he didn’t like the city and it’s fans, why would he trash them privately, at least to players that he feels could help the team?  It doesn’t make sense, unless you think he doesn’t care about winning, which would be dumb.

I don’t think he’d trash us. In fact I think with the Pegula’s and their seemingly bottomless wallet and the big incentive deal they gave him he’d be more inclined to say good things. At least where money is involved. 

But i also think he’d answer questions honestly and if we’re being honest Buffalo isn’t exactly a hotbed of activity. 

With that hat said I’ve been to Wisconsin a bunch for work and Buffalo might as well be NYC. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t think he’d trash us. In fact I think with the Pegula’s and their seemingly bottomless wallet and the big incentive deal they gave him he’d be more inclined to say good things. At least where money is involved. 

But i also think he’d answer questions honestly and if we’re being honest Buffalo isn’t exactly a hotbed of activity. 

With that hat said I’ve been to Wisconsin a bunch for work and Buffalo might as well be NYC. 

Buffalo may not be a “hot bed of activity” but what exactly do you think players are doing during between the months of September and January?

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Buffalo may not be a “hot bed of activity” but what exactly do you think players are doing during between the months of September and January?

Smoking doobies and bedding 10s.  Haven't you seen Ballers?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

In Buffalo? Freezing their buns off. 

I couldnt tell you exactly what they’re doing on their nights off, I’ve never had the kind of money they have to drop, or the kind of access they have to events or parties. 

Again, we’re trying to think like 20 year olds celebs with ridiculous cash flow. not 50 year old wny native retirees. 

I know it’s a stretch but at least try and take your ideals out of the equation. 

Their idea of a party isn’t mcmonkeys or a keg in a crappy downtown apt being rented by some college students. 

And its certainly not going to be going to the stuffy places filled with the quasi upper middle class folks that think they’re upper class. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

In Buffalo? Freezing their buns off. 

I couldnt tell you exactly what they’re doing on their nights off, I’ve never had the kind of money they have to drop, or the kind of access they have to events or parties. 

Again, we’re trying to think like 20 year olds celebs with ridiculous cash flow. not 50 year old wny native retirees. 

I know it’s a stretch but at least try and take your ideals out of the equation. 

Their idea of a party isn’t mcmonkeys or a keg in a crappy downtown apt being rented by some college students. 

And its certainly not going to be going to the stuffy places filled with the quasi upper middle class folks that think they’re upper class. 

Yeah, you know because all these athletes are from mega-metropolis areas and none of them are married or have kids.

In fact, none have anything better to do during the week than go out and party it up. Football is an afterthought.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, you know because all these athletes are from mega-metropolis areas and none of them are married or have kids.

In fact, none have anything better to do during the week than go out and party it up. Football is an afterthought.

I never said all. Just the majority. For every Tom Brady there are 20 Gronks. 

And I never said they all come from party Meccas but you hand a 23 year old a few mil and ask where they want to spend it none are saying buffalo ny. 

Its just a fact. 

I for one like Buffalo but I’m not homer enough to believe all things being equal (money, years, etc) that they’d choose us over Miami or the like. 

Especially if you’re a receiver or looking to win now. We don’t have a quarterback. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

On 2/24/2018 at 1:24 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Again i don't believe being a prime destination for FAs mean trying to land as many big fish as possible 

i mean getting good , hard working football players

you can find a lot of good scheme specific players in FA

That's your definition of it. Being a prime destination for FA's is getting the big names and having them come there for less.

But operate in your own world if you want.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's your definition of it. Being a prime destination for FA's is getting the big names and having them come there for less.

But operate in your own world if you want.

Hyde was a prime FA by all accounts. One of the top safeties on the market

he wasn't the #1 guy on the market, but was easily top 20-30....

when their are 500+ FAs , that counts as a prime FA

most top dogs don't take discounts either

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Regardless of what the reality and precived reality is - a buffalo slanted/based article shouldn't really carry much weight imo

Yea that article was awful.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hyde was a prime FA by all accounts. One of the top safeties on the market

he wasn't the #1 guy on the market, but was easily top 20-30....

when their are 500+ FAs , that counts as a prime FA

most top dogs don't take discounts either

So landing 1 top 20-30 FA constitutes becoming a prime landing spot. I agree most top dogs don't take discounts. That's why being a "prime" landing spot is rare.

By your metrics almost every team is a prime landing spot for FA's. How many teams land a top 20-30 FA?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea that article was awful.

So landing 1 top 20-30, FA constitutes becoming a prime landing spot. I agree most top dogs don't take discounts. That's why being a "prime" landing spot is rare.

By your metrics almost every team is a prime landing spot for FA's. How many teams land a top 20-30 FA?

I underartand what your saying...

if you notice my OP I ask all questions?

i did not say the Bills are a prime time destination... I asked the question 

we definitely can become more viable

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I underartand what your saying...

if you notice my OP I ask all questions?

i did not say the Bills are a prime time destination... I asked the question 

we definitely can become more viable

Ok my apologies. I thought you agreed with the premise.

I personally don't think it's a big deal anyways. You have to pay or have a guy like Brady or Rodgers that people want to play with. And even with a great qb, players want their money most of the time.

My gut reaction...  players want to be in the playoffs.  The Bills snuck into the playoffs last year, and there is a feeling of optimism with the current coaching staff and core players. That makes the Bills more attractive than they’ve been in many years, but a prime destination may be over stating things. 

16 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My gut reaction...  players want to be in the playoffs.  The Bills snuck into the playoffs last year, and there is a feeling of optimism with the current coaching staff and core players. That makes the Bills more attractive than they’ve been in many years, but a prime destination may be over stating things. 

It’s tough to gauge, yes we made the playoffs but we’re actively trying to trade our qb and only have one other guy that threw five ints In one half. 

Some might even even see the way they’re handling Taylor in a negative light. 

On the other hand if he stays we’re definitely not getting receivers here unless we trade for them. He’s a stats killer. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I think they're making a HUGE leap from "place no one wants to go" to "prime destination." I'd be happy with just being "a legitimate contender" to sign someone rather than the team FAs visit and use to drive up the price for the team they actually want to place for. 

On 2/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

I never said all. Just the majority. For every Tom Brady there are 20 Gronks. 

And I never said they all come from party Meccas but you hand a 23 year old a few mil and ask where they want to spend it none are saying buffalo ny. 

Its just a fact. 

I for one like Buffalo but I’m not homer enough to believe all things being equal (money, years, etc) that they’d choose us over Miami or the like. 

Especially if you’re a receiver or looking to win now. We don’t have a quarterback. 

Remind me who Vontae Davis just signed with?