Buffalo Bills a Prime FA destination?

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Give some examples of FAs that Miami or SD has gotten over Buffalo or GB.  

In a league where careers last an average of 3 years, the number 1 choice is money followed by winning. Miami should be a powerhouse by your logic. They aren't.  

Again, misunderstanding the point. 

We have salary caps, we have gms, we have front offices. Miami can’t just go out and sign every free agent they want. 

Do some free agents care about winning more than lifestyle? Yeah, of course. I’m talking about the majority. Is it the way I would choose a team, no. 

But you ask most 20 year old millionaires and I’m telling you, with all things being even they’re picking Miami. 

Again, you guys can dispute it but it really just goes to show how out of touch you are with the reality of the situation. You have to be able to see it from all perspectives, but mainly The perspective of a youth coming from poverty and instantly becoming a millionaire. Seeing it from a middle class, 30-45 year old white males perspective isn’t reality in the nfl. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Again, misunderstanding the point. 

We have salary caps, we have gms, we have front offices. Miami can’t just go out and sign every free agent they want. 

Do some free agents care about winning more than lifestyle? Yeah, of course. I’m talking about the majority. Is it the way I would choose a team, no. 

But you ask most 20 year old millionaires and I’m telling you, with all things being even they’re picking Miami. 

Again, you guys can dispute it but it really just goes to show how out of touch you are with the reality of the situation. You have to be able to see it from all perspectives, but mainly The perspective of a youth coming from poverty and instantly becoming a millionaire. Seeing it from a middle class, 30-45 year old white males perspective isn’t reality in the nfl. 

BS, all those young millionaires have advisors. They're going to go to the place where they can win and have more of a career after they're done  playing.  A ring means a lot more to them than a couple summers of sunshine and fun.

47 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

BS, all those young millionaires have advisors. They're going to go to the place where they can win and have more of a career after they're done  playing.  A ring means a lot more to them than a couple summers of sunshine and fun.

Spoken like non-20 something millionaire. 

The Bills are the most attractive to free agents as they have been in their entire history (That's more a knock at Ralph and the drought.) They are coming off a playoff victory (and generally speaking a 4 year stretch where they have been slightly above .500) and they have an ownership that is willing to spend money and no longer following cash to cap. I don't think they are a premier destination but they certainly are a team that isn't unattractive to free agents. I think McD will need to put together 2 more winning seasons before he gets any serious cache around the league like some of the top coaches now. 

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Has McDermott and company shifted the winds at OBD? Is Buffalo becoming a place where young players and veterans can find themselves flourishing in?

we will see but I do see the Bills as a great destination to land at right now

https://www.google.com/amp/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/23/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-top-destinations/amp/

No.

Not yet anyway.

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

And those "advisors" get a decent percentage of the contract's monies.  It's always the money.  

Edited by sleeby

46 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills are the most attractive to free agents as they have been in their entire history (That's more a knock at Ralph and the drought.) They are coming off a playoff victory (and generally speaking a 4 year stretch where they have been slightly above .500) and they have an ownership that is willing to spend money and no longer following cash to cap. I don't think they are a premier destination but they certainly are a team that isn't unattractive to free agents. I think McD will need to put together 2 more winning seasons before he gets any serious cache around the league like some of the top coaches now. 

Guess I missed that one :P 

4 hours ago, jr1 said:

a lot of dead cap

Probably due to those 20-something millionaires that were wanted then not wanted.....but originally wanted to be wanted in Buffalo....and signed. Buffalo is the same place it has been for 15 years. I doubt FA's see it much differently. I just hope the underrated guys keep signing here. We've seen big FA pushes and small pushes alike, but sustained strength has been absent for decades.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

On 2/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Has McDermott and company shifted the winds at OBD? Is Buffalo becoming a place where young players and veterans can find themselves flourishing in?

we will see but I do see the Bills as a great destination to land at right now

https://www.google.com/amp/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/23/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-top-destinations/amp/

I'm the words of Doug Marrone, obviously, :D

I think with new management and what McDermott is building we  would be a prime destination for quality FAs. Plus we do have the reputation for having that college atmosphere that players love.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:03 AM, Buffalo716 said:

I fully agree with that. I want more guys like Hyde, poyer

just hard working football players. I don't need the best guy on the market 

Is there any DEs worth bringing in?

On 2/24/2018 at 2:08 AM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The weather still sucks

But the snow game is famous!