2-23: Greg Cosell Talks QBs on the John Murphy Show

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I think it will depend on the Bills record. If the Bills are winning with Tyrod, then Lamar will continue to sit. Lamar may even beat him out in camp.

I really have no doubts that Lamar Jackson would beat Tyrod Taylor out in camp. I think that soon after came began, it would become quickly evident that Jackson's athleticism would more than make up for his rookie mistakes. IMO, Taylor would then become the Jackson's sideline mentor.

The lack of respect for Jackson as a QB prospect in the media is shocking to me. The situation in Buffalo would be perfect since they already have had the running style QB for a couple of years. The offense just needs to be redesigned specifically for the things that Jackson can do. I think the effect would be very similar to Watson's effect for the Texans. You just probably have to deal with the reality that Jackson will have a shorter career than a normal drop back passer. So they will need to have a viable replacement in place within three to five years.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, JaCrispy said:

I agree Rosen is the best talent...I just don’t think he has the toughness to last...he is a former tennis star after all. :D

Therefore, I like Mayfield best... best combo of skill and toughness imo.

Drew Brees was a tennis star in his youth as well (couldn't beat Andy Roddick at some point in their Texas teen years, which helped to show him the path to football), and also had shoulder issues...

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Woodman19 said:

I wonder if trading Tyrod will stop the rumours that we are interested in Jackson.

No people just seem to say whatever they want at this time of the year with absolutely no facts to back up their claims.  By the time the draft comes around the Bills will have fallen in love with 9 or 10 qbs according to different people.