Taylor/Jackson Tandem

Flip Johnson

10 hours ago, Albwan said:

only racists see racist ghosts around every corner.

Excuse me? Seriously? What kind of tool/troll comes on the internet from behind their keyboard and actually has the audacity and nerve to call someone they don't even know a racist? 

Had you have bothered to read (asking a lot around here I know) you would have taken away that there was no implied racism nor racist ghosts. I know comprehension is hard, but the dig was the lazy comparison between the two. It's easy, it's lazy, and it's in correct. Leave it to some nitwit who can't be bothered to read to start throwing around the race card. Furthermore,  before you start gracing us with more of your uninformed observations - get a clue and try and keep up. This is the last time I take the time to bring you up to speed and consider it a favor so you don't post yourself in a corner and all respect is lost for your scolding hot takes.

Grow up and talk football

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I want a trip to Belize.  And a pony.  I definitely want a pony.

I mean, who is this cerebral pocket passer you think we have a real shot to get?  I'd like Cousins myself followed by Rosen, but while the heart wants this, the head says that both may be out of our reach.

Careful what you ask for, ponies eat a lot, crap a lot, and take up a lot of space. Cerebral pocket passers are also generally lousy company.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Careful what you ask for, ponies eat a lot, crap a lot, and take up a lot of space. Cerebral pocket passers are also generally lousy company.

I have a garden and a compost pile, NP.  The space thing could be a concern.

Not worried about his company.  Just sling the rock to the guys in the right jerseys and I'm good.

8 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Shetland ponies are the fricken devil

Yes....I have a story

Please save it for the next framing tyrods stats in a positive light thread. It'll give me a reason to read past the 1st sentence;) if I gotta sift through the crap hopefully I get a good story ABOUT crap out of it lol

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/24/2018 at 2:01 AM, Flip Johnson said:

I don't know if the Bills have a definitive plan yet or rather several possibilities that they are keeping in play as we get closer to draft day.

However, if the Bills are open to retaining Taylor, I could see them holding on to their picks or perhaps only moving up slightly to draft Lamar Jackson (right now evaluations on Lamar Jackson seem very fluid).

This would allow for a situation similar to what San Francisco had with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. The mobile, experienced game manager is starting, while the younger, more explosive QB is waiting in the wings. Lamar comes in and starts when he's ready, be that game 1, game 10, or 2019. In Kaepernick's case he took over a team with a 6-2-1 record. But in the meantime, Taylor plays at a reasonable price tag, and we already know he has the support of the locker room and decent career winning percentage.

I don't think McDermott wants to miss the playoffs this year - I don't think he's enamored with Taylor, but it's already proven that he can be a playoff team with him. Drafting Jackson (if you like him) would allow the Bills to basically keep their picks and fill out other needs. Plus, while I don't think they are at all the same player, they have some similar traits that Daboll may be able to take advantage of.

Please no gimmick QBs . We need a true Pocket passer  . But i can see this happening definitely wouldn't make me happy though. 

You guys want a running QB? So why draft one as RG3 is looking for work and for that matter so is Geno Smith, Colin Kaepernick...anyone? Anyone?

Anyone else recalls what the Redskins gave up to move up to #2 to draft RG3...

I think the entire reason the FO hired Deball was to move away from the running QB scheme to a more of a pocket passer. PLEASE, no more running QB's.

BTW, the story on why RG3 no longer has a job in the NFL as a QB. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/?utm_term=.fb6baf15092c

Griffin’s throwing motion

“He’s short-arming the ball,” Cooley said. “He has bad technique, he’s not setting his feet right….He has the yips. He does have the yips, where the ball’s just not coming out of your hand right, so now you’ve aborted all technique, because you don’t have a feel for the ball coming out of your hand, and you’re getting this shot-put throw action. You’re aiming. He has the yips. He does. He just does.”

On 2/23/2018 at 10:30 PM, gobills1212 said:

How about a Tyrod Rosen tandem? Or Taylor Mayfield?

I would be enchanted with either of those, especially the first.

I think the only reason Tyrod-Jackson is coming up as a potential pairing is

1) a lot of us fear trading up for Rosen or even Mayfield may cost too much

2) because they both have the similar ability to run, in theory one could pull plays from the playbook that would work reasonably for both of them - I don't see this as a huge deal as I believe Jackson will quickly be able to run plays Tyrod can not.

3 hours ago, Buffaloed in Pa said:

No   . This will not bring us a Lombardi Trophy ever. Get the pocket passer with a little mobility.

And who is that pocket passer?

See, here's the thing.  Everyone wants to draft Matt Ryan or Jared Goff, or maybe Jimmy Garappolo.  And maybe in this draft, that guy is Josh Rosen.

If we can get him, great!  But there has to be some thought for who will play QB, if you can't get that guy.   And even if you do, stuff happens.  He might get hurt.  He might prove too much of a bonehead to take coaching.

You have to take shots, you can't say "couldn't draft Cam Newton or Andrew Luck - Damn, now I'll take my pick and go elsewhere than QB!" like the Bills did in 2011 and 2012.  Work your way up if you're not in position for a top draft pick - take a Foles, trade him for a Bradford, then trade up for a Wentz and trade your Bradford to recoup the costs.

It can't be a "one shot per cot" kind of deal

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

On 2/25/2018 at 1:29 AM, Fadingpain said:

If you were wondering what dumb as dirt sounds like, listen to Lamar Jackson talk for a while.

Holy ****.

Agreed.  It’s the only thing that makes me apprehensive about drafting him.  

On 2/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, SoTier said:

Drew Brees is only 6' and Russell Wilson isn't even 6'.  OTOH,  Brock Osweiler is like 6'7".

Brees is closer to 6'1 and has the arm length of a man 6'5 in height while Wilson can negate the disadvantage of his height by moving outside the Pocket.  Mayfield doesn't have either one of those advantages.  I like the kid I do not want the Bills to draft him.  

• Like (+1) 1

On February 25, 2018 at 1:29 AM, Fadingpain said:

If you were wondering what dumb as dirt sounds like, listen to Lamar Jackson talk for a while.

Holy ****.

It's sad when a black person with a southern drawl is equated to being dumb!!! The kid has not a blemish on his career and became a straight A student in high school when pressed by his coach. Do some research before you characterize someone. 

On 2/25/2018 at 12:29 AM, Fadingpain said:

Holy ****.

I don't see this.  Watch a couple post game interviews, not the Heisman speech, where he was practically incoherent.

He comes across as uncomfortable and shy in front of the camera.  He has a Southern Black accent and pattern of speech which is hard for a lot of us Northeners to understand - I had my eyes opened when I was selected for a jury pool and heard the court reporter asking Asian and Indian men to repeat themselves, when I could understand them perfectly well the first time because I worked with a lot of guys from those backgrounds so I was used to their accent and patterns of speech.

But he doesn't come across as dumb to me at all when he's less emotional and more relaxed, especially where football is concerned (I'm not interested in his grasp of vector calculus).  Comes across as modest, grounded, willing to take responsibility for mistakes without getting down, and a leader on his team.

What he doesn't come across as, is the NFL-executive, Chairman of the Board type that EJM and Tim Tebow looked like.  So if that's of critical importance to a team, they should stay away.  But how a guy looks in a suit and his diction in front of a microphone don't help him in pads on Sunday.  I LOL at his Heisman outfit.  The shoes!

Oh, and he comes across as somewhat scared of his momma.  But that might be understandable.  Catch the bit at 1:40 about his Momma putting pads on in the backyard to toughen him up - "she dropped me, I had to deal with it" - ROTFL.  His advice to young guys - "stay humble.  don't let anything go to your head.  stay in the books, them books gonna take you so far."  He comes across to me as what he is - a kid from a working background in a small southern town who has worked hard and taken advantage of his opportunities.

• Like (+1) 1