NFL Announces 2018 Compensatory Picks

26CornerBlitz

THAT'S IT, I'M DONE WITH THIS FRICKEN TEAM!!! NO COMPENSATORY PICKS?l?? THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I EVEN WATCH THIS STUPID GAME, SO THAT I CAN SEE MY TEAM GARNER VALUABLE COMPENSATORY PICKS!!!!

(Thought I'd save the rest of you the trouble)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Where the mass hysteria? If Whaley was still GM this board would be on fire. How in the world do you lose half your damn team and get no picks? When you hold onto scrubs like Mike Tolbesity, Leonard "Who Are You?" Johnson, and Succasse. We were so close to adding a 3rd, which could, ya know, help cushion the blow of trading up/losing a pick for No Knees Benjamin.

This is the fourth personnel/draft ammunition failure of this regime. 

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The fact New England got a 4th rounder as well as all their free agents is a testament to the way they play the system. Thank god they can't draft for ****.

Yeah, their drafting is garbage.......................rolls eyes

45 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Where the mass hysteria? If Whaley was still GM this board would be on fire. How in the world do you lose half your damn team and get no picks? When you hold onto scrubs like Mike Tolbesity, Leonard "Who Are You?" Johnson, and Succasse. We were so close to adding a 3rd, which could, ya know, help cushion the blow of trading up/losing a pick for No Knees Benjamin.

This is the fourth personnel/draft ammunition failure of this regime. 

None of this is Beane or McDermott's fault.

Whaley made all of the stupid free agent signings that counted against the compensatory formula and voided out our 3rd and 4th round picks. By the time Beane and McDermott came in, they were saddled with a the decision between cutting several integral players while in the playoff hunt or sticking it out and pushing for the playoffs. They stuck it out and we made the playoffs. Remember?

Cool post though.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

None of this is Beane or McDermott's fault.

Whaley made all of the stupid free agent signings that counted against the compensatory formula and voided out our 3rd and 4th round picks. By the time Beane and McDermott came in, they were saddled with a the decision between cutting several integral players while in the playoff hunt or sticking it out and pushing for the playoffs. They stuck it out and we made the playoffs. Remember?

Cool post though.

You are so wrong what the hell are you saying??? Those 3 guys I mentioned are straight from over the cap which would've placed us at even for compensatory. You consider those guys integral players??? You really must've enjoyed many of the drought rosters. If those signings are to be blamed on Whaley, then the draft is to be credited to him too. See how that works???

Blame Whaley is the cool thing to do though. What's the over under on how many more years everything negative is blamed on Whaley? 4 +/-?

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

Should have cut Holmes, DiMarco and that crappy guard. 

Our starting RG for 17/17 games? I'm not saying Vlad is a world beater by any means but he was reliable and available every week, clearly beat out Miller . He's easily the most underrated player on this board.

Just don't understand how ppl keep saying we should have cut our starting RG in the midst of a playoff push.. Makes absolutely ZERO sense. 

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Yeah, their drafting is garbage.......................rolls eyes

Their drafting has truly been garbage for quite a few years now. 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Our starting RG for 17/17 games? I'm not saying Vlad is a world beater by any means but he was reliable and available every week, clearly beat out Miller . He's easily the most underrated player on this board.

Just don't understand how ppl keep saying we should have cut our starting RG in the midst of a playoff push.. Makes absolutely ZERO sense. 

Their drafting has truly been garbage for quite a few years now. 

I’d give my left nut to trade their draft busts with ours

13 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You are so wrong what the hell are you saying??? Those 3 guys I mentioned are straight from over the cap which would've placed us at even for compensatory. You consider those guys integral players??? You really must've enjoyed many of the drought rosters. If those signings are to be blamed on Whaley, then the draft is to be credited to him too. See how that works???

Blame Whaley is the cool thing to do though. What's the over under on how many more years everything negative is blamed on Whaley? 4 +/-?

THANK YOU!

Some posters are so NARROW-MIND that they let  their basis cloud the facts!

It was well know and talked about on this site that regardless of the free agent signings, as long as 3 of them were not on the roster by week 10 the comp picks were in effect...Even Beane acknowledged awareness of the rule. But the blame Whaley chant continues from some...smh!

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

The Bills certainly had there chance for comp picks, but you guys needed a vacation to Jacksonville :D

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

The Bills certainly had there chance for comp picks, but you guys needed a vacation to Jacksonville :D

you sir...got my vote for POD...!! :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I’d give my left nut to trade their draft busts with ours

You're undervaluing your left nut quite a bit my friend lol.

But in all seriousness what is the difference? A bust is a bust regardless of the team that drafted them. How are their draft busts more valuable than ours?