Jags release RB Chris Ivory - Update! Visited Bills 2/26

YoloinOhio

On 2/23/2018 at 1:51 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He would be a great complement to McCoy but probably wants much more than a rookie you could draft.  

Unless it's a special talent like Shady, go young and cheap at rb.

Frankly, I’m down to do a guy like ivory AND a day 2 rookie with the prospect of Tyrod and a rookie qb. 

Lets have a strong and diverse group of backs that can succeed over the next couple years if this is who we are 

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology bud....a bit of sarcasm bustin'......McD brought him in knowing he would be a good soldier and he was.....

Tobert did what he could, but It'd be nice to have a better compliment to McCoy... I'd kick the tires on Ivory.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, Rico said:

I would take Gillislee back if the Pats cut him, not sure if McBeane would.

Yeah I'd rather have MG back but I'd take Ivory.

Will never forget Nigel Bradham grabbing and slamming Ivory down by his pony tail.:thumbsup:

I'd like to see A LOT more pony tail tackles.    Pony tail pulling should be fair game all around.   No holding penalties or pass interference on pony tail pulls.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Tobert did what he could, but It'd be nice to have a better compliment to McCoy... I'd kick the tires on Ivory.

...wish we knew what the Banyard kid did to end up in McD's outhouse.....was signed and released three times.....unfortunate injuries to Cadet and another youngin' (name escapes me) altered the backfield....we need a depth guy behind Shady as well as a later draftee...............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I'd rather have MG back but I'd take Ivory.

Will never forget Nigel Bradham grabbing and slamming Ivory down by his pony tail.:thumbsup:

I'd like to see A LOT more pony tail tackles.    Pony tail pulling should be fair game all around.   No holding penalties or pass interference on pony tail pulls.  

I couldn’t agree more. It was extra annoying watching Rickey Williams running wild for the Dolphins, Bills should’ve grabbed him by the dreads every chance they had.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, rodneykm said:

Tolbert is still useful, but not as your main backup RB. I'd keep him on and look to someone maybe a little younger to back up Shady like McKinnon. 

RB - McCoy / McKinnon

FB - DiMarco / Tolbert

I really can’t see any reason to bring Tolbert back.  

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I don't understand the Ivory interest at all.  We need a young kid in the pipeline due to McCoy's age.  I have zero interest in another 29 year old RB.

It is still allowed to draft a RB in addition to signing a vet. He would probably just replace Tolbert. They can keep Cadet too and still draft one and only have 4 going into camp. They need more RBs, not less.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I don't understand the Ivory interest at all.  We need a young kid in the pipeline due to McCoy's age.  I have zero interest in another 29 year old RB.

I’m all for drafting a guy but I like Ivory a lot. He doesn’t have a ton of miles either. Buffalo will LOVE the guy if we add him. He runs so, so, so hard. 

He's about to turn 30....and is a violent, angry runner which I truly respected during his career. However, and some people are going to have a meltdown over this, but I do think this means Shady is on the trading block. If the Bills are seriously considering giving Ivory a job, even a back-up role at the age of 30 the way he runs (and I think he's had a concussion history if I'm not mistaken), then the Bills must be planning on Drafting their "starter" and trading Shady for something of value to the team, ala needed player or Draft pick. 

I just don't see the Bills going  into 2018 with their RBs looking like two 30 year old RBs with many miles on those legs and one Rookie. I can see a Cadet / Ivory / Rookie combo with the Rookie starting...but that's just me.