Steelers are "listening to potential deals" for Martavis Bryant.

KGun12TD

It's a buyers market on Bryant.  The Steelers have soured on him, and want to distance him from Bell.  The league has noticed.  Don't overpay.  But Bryant would really open up this offense.  And even if Tyrod is starter-his strong point would be deep balls to Bryant

• Like (+1) 1

They would be lucky to get a 7th for him. They are loaded at wr so teams know they can just cut him. He is also a strike away from a year long suspension and seems to think he is a lot more important than he is.

its a shame because he is talented. But float a 7th rounder out there because it is extremely low risk, high reward.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well that excites me a little as it certainly puts the possibility of Bills inquiring again.  I doubt they will though to be honest, because they already traded for KB.  Not that Bryant wouldnt be a great fit, but now they have a young guy in Zay to go with a guy like KB.  So I don't think Beane is going to want to use another draft asset in a trade for a WR and probably prefer to find some help there in FA.  

This team still has a lot of holes I think they are targeting to fill in the draft, and Beane probably would prefer to hold on to picks, ESPECIALLY if they are seriously considering a trade up.  Personally,  would love to see us trade for him, but I doubt its realistic at this moment with Bills eyeing a trade up.  We have serious needs in defensive front 7 and the OL to go along with whatever plan they have to get a young QB.  Plus, if they don't successfully resign Gaines, we have a big hole as starting DB too.  

https://www.sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bills-expected-to-make-another-trade-before-deadline/

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

This predates acquiring KB though.  I am skeptical that Beane is going to use another draft pick asset to acquire a WR while we no have both Zay as a young prospect and KB.  Especially since they seem to be exploring a trade up for a potential QB that will take a package of assets on its own and will still need the remaining picks to address LB, DL, OL, and possibly DB if Gaines leaves.  So much more likely Beane looks to FA to find additional WRs IMO.

Dont get me wrong, would love us to trade for Bryant personally, just doubt Beane will do it for those reasons after already using a pick to get KB.

If he was that unhappy with his targets in Pittsburgh, he will lose his mind here...

He was targeted 84 times, for 50 receptions.

Lesean McCoy, our most targeted receiver, had 77tgt's and 59 receptions. 

With those numbers, Bryant would have been 1st on the Bills in targets, and a close 2nd to Shady in receptions.

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This predates acquiring KB though.  I am skeptical that Beane is going to use another draft pick asset to acquire a WR while we no have both Zay as a young prospect and KB.  Especially since they seem to be exploring a trade up for a potential QB that will take a package of assets on its own and will still need the remaining picks to address LB, DL, OL, and possibly DB if Gaines leaves.  So much more likely Beane looks to FA to find additional WRs IMO.

Dont get me wrong, would love us to trade for Bryant personally, just doubt Beane will do it for those reasons after already using a pick to get KB.

Maybe......but there isn't a lot available in FA and those guys have a choice where they go......which is not a good thing for the Bills.

They don't need multiple WR's they need one specific high quality WR and there isn't a player like Bryant on that FA market(assuming Watkins doesn't make it there).  

Terrell Pryor shares some athletic traits with Bryant but he's not nearly the same overall talent at WR.

And a guy like Paul Richardson is less proven and only 6' and will cost maybe $40M over 5 years based off of one solid season.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a suggestion. Trade Taylor for a pick and then use it for Bryant. A little creativity can go a long way. :D

I have said it on a number of occasions that this is a multi-year rebuilding project. Getting into the playoffs was not expected. It is a tribute to the HC and the players who bought into the plan who deserve a lot of accolades. It's not very reasonable to expect that all our positional liabilities to be addressed in a year or two when the team was torn down to be rebuilt. In 2019 there will be a lot more cap room. That is the year that there will be an infusion of market talent. 

Assuming Benjamin returns to good health he is a solid number #2 type receiver. In my view he will never be a number one receiver. I make the same claim for Zay. At best he is a number two receiver. We don't have a number one receiver on the roster and probably won't for the year. If Zay and KB play as solid number two type receivers I will be more than satisfied. 

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe......but there isn't a lot available in FA and those guys have a choice where they go......which is not a good thing for the Bills.

They don't need multiple WR's they need one specific high quality WR and there isn't a player like Bryant on that FA market(assuming Watkins doesn't make it there).  

Terrell Pryor shares some athletic traits with Bryant but he's not nearly the same overall talent at WR.

And a guy like Paul Richardson is less proven and only 6' and will cost maybe $40M over 5 years based off of one solid season.

I agree with you, but if Beane is moving up I don’t know he will give another pick for a WR with so many other holes.  But i would love to land Bryant in a trade

He  is a diva who will want a big contract after next season. I want to see how a healthy Zay Jones is after his surgery. Draft a WR in 2019 if necessary , and how KB pans out healthy also.

If Jordan Matthews could be re-signed for a reasonable price I would like that also. Good character players.

Edited by ALF

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

So now we want good character guys, but when Baker Mayfield is brought up the excuses fly for his past transgressions.  

Interesting.

I'm fine for drafting Mayfield. The Bills having some good character players is a nice bonus.