Steelers are "listening to potential deals" for Martavis Bryant.

KGun12TD

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "listening to potential deals" for Martavis Bryant.

Rapoport made it a point to say the Steelers aren't necessarily shopping Bryant, but it sounds like they're all ears to offers. Bryant made a big stink midway through last season when he felt he wasn't playing enough, and the Steelers then made him a healthy scratch for Week 8. Bryant quit the social media complaining but was a disappointment with a 52-681-4 line. JuJu Smith-Schuster has emerged as the Steelers' No. 2 wideout. Bryant has one year left on his deal.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN BUFFALO!!!

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Uh, they tried to trade for him last year (reportedly).  Don't be so sure he doesn't fit the program.

Did they?  Had not heard that...I must have missed that story.  I would love to trade for Bryant, especially if we can get him for a 4th, although I would happily pay a 3rd too as I think his talent is worth the price.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did they?  Had not heard that...I must have missed that story.  I would love to trade for Bryant, especially if we can get him for a 4th, although I would happily pay a 3rd too as I think his talent is worth the price.  

Yes they did inquire before they traded for KB. Certainly seems like a match made in hell so it may have been due diligence on deciding trade value for KB

• Like (+1) 1

There are a few young, explosive veteran WR options on the market this year: Donte Moncrief, Allen Robinson, and Martavis Bryant. I'll even add Albert Wilson in there. All are under 27 years old, all have shown they can be extremely effective in the NFL, and all would look great opposite Kelvin Benjamin next year, and would allow the Bills to concentrate their draft resources on other positions.

Get a quality veteran across from Kelvin, push Zay to the slot, re-sign Deonte Thompson for depth, and we're good to go.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes they did inquire before they traded for KB. Certainly seems like a match made in hell so it may have been due diligence on deciding trade value for KB

Well that excites me a little as it certainly puts the possibility of Bills inquiring again.  I doubt they will though to be honest, because they already traded for KB.  Not that Bryant wouldnt be a great fit, but now they have a young guy in Zay to go with a guy like KB.  So I don't think Beane is going to want to use another draft asset in a trade for a WR and probably prefer to find some help there in FA.  

This team still has a lot of holes I think they are targeting to fill in the draft, and Beane probably would prefer to hold on to picks, ESPECIALLY if they are seriously considering a trade up.  Personally,  would love to see us trade for him, but I doubt its realistic at this moment with Bills eyeing a trade up.  We have serious needs in defensive front 7 and the OL to go along with whatever plan they have to get a young QB.  Plus, if they don't successfully resign Gaines, we have a big hole as starting DB too.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Bryant is a "me first" kind of guy.  I would take a pass on him.  Just another one of those guys with immense talent that lets it go to waste.  Besides that, who's going to get him the ball?  Our leading receiver last year was Charles Clay with 49 for 558 and 2 TD's.  Even with the guys going to free agency, I think they still have enough targets for 17-18 completions and 186 YPG.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Can I interest you in a 4th round pick? If the Bills could pull that off I think that it would be huge. I’d still add a guy but it can be someone cost effective or a mid round pick. Maybe Streater can fill it.

Im with you- he is young with a chip- with the right attitude this can be a steal and worth the risk considering the amount of fourth rounders that do not pan out anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This would certainly make @BADOLBILZ happy 

That's the guy.

Under contract...........Carolina size and very much a deep threat.

A lot of times it comes down to the position in the round of the pick you have to offer...........the Bills missed out on Brandon Marshall back in 2015 because they had already traded their EARLY 5th rounder to get Matt Cassell..........which was a higher pick than the Jets had to offer........and the Bills weren't willing to give up their 4th rounder.  

I think on the open market Bryant is worth a 4th as a one year rental.    Guys like Marshall or Sant Holmes only drew 5ths because those markets were not as barren as this one.  Bryant should have value.  

The Bills 3rd rounder is the 96th overall.......which is a spot where I think the Steelers might find a decent developmental WR........not nearly someone of Byrant's potential...........but perhaps enough value to shake him free.