Fairburn: 5 Teams that Should Consider Trading for Tyrod Taylor

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Wily Dog said:

Kelly has been working with an NFL  QB in California for awhile so i think if he does what his uncle told him to do.... Shut up and listen, there may be promise for him. Simian is about equal to Taylor.

Kelly was drafted as a favor from Elway to Jim and he's a nothing.  How do you justify your assessment of Siemian as equal to Taylor when he's a turnover machine who makes terrible decisions? 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kelly was drafted as a favor from Elway to Jim and he's a nothing.  How do you justify your assessment of Siemian as equal to Taylor when he's a turnover machine who makes terrible decisions? 

Simian and Taylor come from two different directions with the same result . They are both losers but Simian would be a better fit for the Bill's as a interim QB with a rookie than Taylor because i suspect that we are looking at a pocket QB as a rookie.

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Based on what....christ

Based on what Polian said during the 2017 draft.

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Simian and Taylor come from two different directions with the same result . They are both losers but Simian would be a better fit for the Bill's as a interim QB with a rookie than Taylor because i suspect that we are looking at a pocket QB as a rookie.

Simian is garbage......the point that should be taken is to progress forward as much as possible post Taylor with whats available.....not to go backwards....Simien is backwards.....

Edited by JPP

Just now, Wily Dog said:

This explains nothing regarding their respective abilities as QBs. How is Taylor a loser and how would Siemian fit better?  Back up these assertions with evidence.

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Based on what Polian said during the 2017 draft.

Polian?

Old as heck and the game has passed him by.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not only that his career completion % is about 59.3  He's awful.

also forgot he had the luxury of having Saunders and Thomas out there for him.....I guess some posters hatred runs so deep their goggles get a little foggy....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This explains nothing regarding their respective abilities as QBs. How is Taylor a loser and how would Siemian fit better?  Back up these assertions with evidence.

I shouldn't have to tell you... the last three years...i know you are going to trot out that he was a winner because he was i game over 500 but he  was a loser in the playoffs and i told you how simian would be a better fit for a rookie.

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Polian?

Old as heck and the game has passed him by.

You wish you knew as much about football as Bill.

Question:

If the Bills new OC and McD want to have a pocket passing QB scheme, AND would like to draft a pocket passer for the future, why would they keep a "run first" QB that they would have to build around?

Thanks

Just now, cd1 said:

Question:

If the Bills new OC and McD want to have a pocket passing QB scheme, AND would like to draft a pocket passer for the future, why would they keep a "run first" QB that they would have to build around?

Thanks

Taylor isn't a run 1st QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/23/2018 at 12:58 PM, SoCal Deek said:

These sorts of negotiations and trade values always amaze me.  There isn't a Front Office in the entire League that hasn't seen Tyrod play.  They all know what he can do.  There are no lingering injury issues, or question marks based on a lack of film. If the Bills don't want him, why would any other team?

Not every team is in the same position. The Browns are 1-31 since 2015 which hangs over them more than the drought ever did. They just need to win a game. Any game. They are going to draft a QB of the future but they lack any level of experience at the position on their roster.  Their QB room is DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Cody Kessler. None of which have ever won an nfl game. The Bills are a playoff team that now wants to take the next step. He fits the Browns in 2018, as he has a 1 year deal they can use as a bridge while Darnold redshirts. The Browns fans calling into the radio say 3 wins would be a success this year /the Bills are ready to move on because  he can’t take them where they feel they are ready to go.

similar to why the Chefs were ready to get rid of Alex Smith but the Redskins lapped him up. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

seems arizona fans feel like many here feel about him. if teams see it that way he may not be traded which would make for a very boring season of the same ol' tyrod of unwatchable offense.

The quarterback that the Arizona Cardinals shouldn’t acquire

Various quarterbacks are being linked with the Arizona Cardinals these days. Free agent choices, draft prospects and even a trade possibility or two have been discussed ad nauseam. There’s one passer being talked about, however, who general manager Steve Keim should avoid at all costs.

Anyone who watched Tyrod Taylor’s performance in the AFC Wild Card Round of the playoffs could not have been impressed. The Buffalo Bills’ signal-caller’s showing was reminiscent of the Ryan Lindley debacle of a few years ago. The Cards’ third-stringer in 2014, Lindley led a offense that generated just 78 yards and eight first downs in a postseason loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Actually, Taylor’s play this past January during the Bills’ 10-3 defeat to the Jacksonville Jaguars may have been worse. Lindley, unlike Taylor, did manage to throw a touchdown pass during his playoff appearance. All that the Buffalo leader could muster versus the Jags was a measly field goal.

The Arizona Cardinals’ much-publicized quarterback dilemma will not be solved by acquiring a mediocre talent like Tyrod Taylor

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

7 picks now

Touché. I must have been wrong saying they had 5, too, because they were awarded 3 compensatory picks, so they must have had 4 before that. 

Too bad they don't have a 6th round pick, because I think that would be the likeliest. Maybe we can squeeze #152 overall out of them for Taylor at $10 million. 

17 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I agree , but he was a run 2nd QB when he should have been in the pocket looking for his 2nd and third receivers.

....tough enough time finding his FIRST, right?......frustrating as hell to see our WR corp (yup, they ALL suck; 100% on them) INACTIVE every Sunday.......I don't even know if he could find the RW bronzed statute out front of the joint......

Makes too much sense for Cleveland to trade for Tyrod.  At some point they have to stop accumulating draft assets and try to win some games.  Whichever QB they take at #1 has almost no chance to succeed this year.  Taylor is the perfect guy and has perfect contract to bring them back to respectability before handing over the reins to Darnold or Allen.  

On February 23, 2018 at 9:38 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

arizona.

get it done OBD!!

Arizona does not lack many pieces to be in the playoffs and could move up to pick 4 with a couple of their firsts, a second along with a lower round pick.  A trade up would not inhibit team building so that is a logical course for them versus taking Tyrod off the Bills' hands.  I don't see any of the listed teams as viable destinations as teams can find a backup QB cheaper than coming up with a presumed fourth round pick.

Edited by RochesterRob