Steve Tasker's Outside-The-Box Idea To Solve The Bills QB Situation

BuffaloRush

i heard a portion of it on my way to UPS to drop something off.  these idiots said we should sign JOSH MCCOWN and we should stay at 20 and see who falls to us and just take them and see what happens.  yea, let's put the future of our team in the hands of 39 yr old Josh McCown and whatever leftover QB is available after everyone else gets their franchise QB.  great plan guys!

Tasker is a former player and doesn't want to admit that if the Bills didn't have Jim Kelly nobody would know who the crap Steve Tasker is.  Also Andre Reed wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame and Tasker wouldn't be mentioned as a possible future HOF'er.  The only reason anyone has ever heard of these guys is because of what Kelly did in leading them to the Super Bowls all of those years.  Look at Andre Reed's stats and tell me he deserves to be in the HOF if it weren't for the postseason and Super Bowl stats.

QB is the most important position in ALL OF SPORTS.  you really aren't going to make it a priority because you need a new LB or a DT?  give me a break

• Like (+1) 2

Riddle me this rush — why don’t we just roll with QBs that don’t intentionally sabotage each other but are highly competitive and then go ahead and hire a great qb coach?

seems like a more straightforward plan than signing a qb and paying him to coach up the rookie 

If our QB situation is Josh McCown or Trevor Simiean + Nate Peterman I don't think I'll watch any games next year.  True story.  But how exciting, we got 2 defensive players in the 1st round that will eventually be traded away in 3 yrs when we get new coaches and change our scheme.  Derp.

39 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i heard a portion of it on my way to UPS to drop something off.  these idiots said we should sign JOSH MCCOWN and we should stay at 20 and see who falls to us and just take them and see what happens.  yea, let's put the future of our team in the hands of 39 yr old Josh McCown and whatever leftover QB is available after everyone else gets their franchise QB.  great plan guys!

Tasker is a former player and doesn't want to admit that if the Bills didn't have Jim Kelly nobody would know who the crap Steve Tasker is.  Also Andre Reed wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame and Tasker wouldn't be mentioned as a possible future HOF'er.  The only reason anyone has ever heard of these guys is because of what Kelly did in leading them to the Super Bowls all of those years.  Look at Andre Reed's stats and tell me he deserves to be in the HOF if it weren't for the postseason and Super Bowl stats.

QB is the most important position in ALL OF SPORTS.  you really aren't going to make it a priority because you need a new LB or a DT?  give me a break

So you are spot about QB

But I will say, Tasker would be all for the Bills moving up and drafting a QB.  It was Murphy who wanted them to stay at 21 and 22 and draft the best player available.  He did not want a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

It is an option to keep on the table.  Obviously, if the Bills want a top QB in this draft (in which Mike Mayock says there is no top QB) they are going to have to give up draft picks to get there.   The alternative is to plan on a veteran starting in 2018.There are a bunch of veterans who will be playing for new teams next season, but there will also be teams throwing money at several of them.  I don't necessarily think that Josh McCown should be their top target, but it is a reasonable option if Buffalo is unable to sign one of the higher priced veterans.  Backup QBs do tend to make solid coaches too.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So you are spot about QB

But I will say, Tasker would be all for the Bills moving up and drafting a QB.  It was Murphy who wanted them to stay at 21 and 22 and draft the best player available.  He did not want a trade.

Thanks.  Murph gets on my nerves.  He is such a homer.  Everything the Bills do is amazing.  Yea John, that's why we have been a .500 team for my entire adult life and have a different coaching staff every 3 years.  Get a clue

29 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Thanks.  Murph gets on my nerves.  He is such a homer.  Everything the Bills do is amazing.  Yea John, that's why we have been a .500 team for my entire adult life and have a different coaching staff every 3 years.  Get a clue

You are 100% correct about John Murphy being a homer. He is being paid by the Bills to be just that and his conservative way of thinking is exactly the reason that the Bills missed the playoffs for 17 years because the Bills front offices of the past thought this way too.   Sometimes if you need something important like a QB you have to go out there and get one. You cant just sit back and wait to see if something good will happen because you afraid things will go wrong.

Nathan Peterman represents some of the worst NFL production in recent history, he is Jeff Tuel level, not even Levi Brown level.  I shall bronze my hand and let it smack my forehead if he ever becomes more than a clipboard holder for the Buffalo Bills... McProcess needs a total purge, or less dramatic, mostly wholly new bodies.  I love Tyrod.  I think Tyrod is an athlete of the best kind, a la LeSean.. But that combo on the ground gets NFL defenses predicting right too often.  Buh-Bye.

My thought is that this FO should get over finding Brady in the sixth round and just start getting fellas who work. Kirk works, the man does his job.Foles already has a scheme, work that shiz..  Sam works, but the man is made of paper, so is Teddy. Case is unknown, McCarron is unknown, and all the rest of these young guys are complete guesses, pick one (done). Maybe we pick Lamar at 21, or Mayfield... who gives a darn. Lets exchange Peterman with Tyler Bray.  The man is just as useless as an NFL QB, probably a ****-ty clipboard holder, but he can huck the rock. Get another useless guy that can bomb it downfield, and train him...

The NFL is a bunch of stupid refs that call PI every chance they get, just keep doing that instead of going 3 and out.  Now I am a successful Head Coach, and I'm worth millions.  Goood Day Buffalonians! Your next QB is named Chad Kelly, and he is a gunslinger, a regular Joe, and a savior...... Hey .. listen to me, I'm an armchair GM.. And my vision is worth a hell of a lot more than Rex Ryan's, Doug Whaley's, and Buddy Nix combined. And yes, I believe that Baker could set records as Bills QB. Sit Pretty and draft your slots Buffalo... Now back to my whiskey.

Here's the thing. I actually really like the "outside the box" idea of a high-value QB2 when you have an uncertain QB1. This has been one of the most maddening things about the Bills QB carousel — when EJ struggled, we had no other viable option (until we brought in Orton for that one season). When Tyrod struggled, we had no other viable option. When Tyrod was not getting it done, would've rather seen a bit more experienced coming into games like Ryan Fitzpatrick/Brian Hoyer type at QB instead of throwing Nate "i won the chance to QB for a day" Peterman to the wolves. 

If you're not certain about QB1, you'd better invest in a solid QB2.

Seems obvious and yet... 

I hate the Simeon idea, but McKown makes sense.  If we draft someone, I like the veteran for a back up, and keep three with Peterman.  As far as Tasker on the show, i’d Love it even if just a couple days a week that wouldn’t conflict with CBS.  Local radio show hosts don’t make a ton, but hopefully enough for him to be a part time host.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tasker is on the CBS F team year after year for a reason.  He mostly babbles and makes obvious points while he talks in circles.  If that's your idea of professional, then have at it. 

Tasker is the king of saying nothing

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills already have a QB coach , the last thing I want is McCowen coaching up some rookie

Except the Bills DON'T have a QB coach. They have a WR coach running around with the QB coach title. Not the best person to mold up a rookie QB we will likely be investing heavily in. McCown is extremely well thought of as a future QB coach. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Report-Browns-offered-QB-coach-job-to-Josh-McCown-112387469

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-josh-mccown-coach-1.15456058

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's a low bar to clear and doesn't mean much to me.  Tom McCarthy and Tasker are the G team.  Even worse. :lol:

Here is the complete least of announcer pairings:

1. Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson
  2. Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts and Evan Washburn 
  3. Greg Gumbel, Trent Green and Jamie Erdahl 
  4. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon 
  5. Andrew Catalon and James Lofton 
  6. Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta 
  7. Tom McCarthy and Steve Tasker and Steve Beuerlein 
  8. Beth Mowins and Jay Feely

Do you think we could get Steve Beuerlein to play QB?? 

He's got about as much left in the tank that McCown does, and has a lot of veteran knowledge!!