Chad Reuter: Josh Allen Leads Top 10 Boom-or-Bust Draft Prospects

26CornerBlitz

NFL DRAFT
The hype around these 10 names is high, but teams should be careful not to buy in too much, according to Chad Reuter. See why scouts should approach these high-ceiling, low-floor players with caution.

10) Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
9) Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma - Best team fits: Baltimore RavensBuffalo Bills
8) Andrew Brown, DL, Virginia
7) Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas
6) Hercules Mata'afa, DL, Washington State
5) Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4) Marcus Davenport, EDGE, UTSA
3) Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
2) Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
1) Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - Best team fits: Buffalo BillsNew York Giants

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Chad Reuter: Josh Allen Leads Top 10 Boom-or-Bust Draft Prospects
Just now, aristocrat said:

Allen is bust city

I'm certainly concerned about that.  When I read "Strengths: Prototype frame for pocket passer." I hear people explaining how Blaine Gabbert "looks the way you want your QB to look".

I don't want us to draft a QB on looks.

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

we go bust every year playing it safe anyhow so what's the difference?  roll the dice, take a chance

How about if we roll the dice and take a chance on a QB who has more of the characteristics actually important to a QB, like accuracy?

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm certainly concerned about that.  When I read "Strengths: Prototype frame for pocket passer." I hear people explaining how Blaine Gabbert "looks the way you want your QB to look".

How about if we roll the dice and take a chance on a QB who has more of the characteristics actually important to a QB, like accuracy?

I'd be happy with #5 on that list. He has accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

we go bust every year playing it safe anyhow so what's the difference?  roll the dice, take a chance

We didn't do too bad last year. I would never have guessed Cordy could be expendable because of a rookie. Maybe in the past giving up picks should have been automatic.. I'm not 100 percent sure about that now. 

I agree with Hercules Mata'afa being on this list.

He looked really good at Washington State, but I think he's too small to be an every down D-Lineman in the NFL.

Then again, with his speed and strength he could be a helluva NFL player.

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So no lamar jackson, then?