“Rested” Gary Barnidge ready to roll

YoloinOhio

Well we would have had the Barn thing covered....... Barnyard and Barnidge ;) 

Maybe he should re-sign with the Browns and go back into further obscurity ;) 

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Oh yes. I remember him. He is the one that all of you saying no to in this post were mad he left without a contract last year. This seals it. You're all clueless!

He might have been an upgrade over 2016's O'leary but wouldn't be an upgrade over 2017's version.

17 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I read that he was asking way too much and didn’t seem to have any sense of urgency to return

I would think maybe there was a reason we just don’t know about that was keeping him away unless someone made an offer he couldn’t refuse. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He might want to consider getting a different agent 

at mid-season if he signs anywhere for 2-3 million dollars and catches 4 balls a game he is getting great cash going forward in 2018.

...now he's just a guy who should some talent previously and was out of football in 2017.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He got paid $700k by the Browns last year.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was getting offers in the $2-3 mil for a year range and he probably weighed the cost-benefit analysis of $700k for staying home vs $2-3 mil for playing came out ahead for him.

I guess... but that decision will cost him in the long run 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He got paid $700k by the Browns last year.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was getting offers in the $2-3 mil for a year range and he probably weighed the cost-benefit analysis of $700k for staying home vs $2-3 mil for playing came out ahead for him.

Chuck, respectfully less dollars is less dollars and sitting for a year is unlikely to help him going forward.

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Chuck, respectfully less dollars is less dollars and sitting for a year is unlikely to help him going forward.

None of us know his end game.  There's a big difference between making $700k to spend time with your family or $~2 mil to go through a football season.  Guys have walked away from much more money at younger ages recently.  I know nothing personally about Barnidge, but if he's just a quiet guy from Kentucky ~$ 6 mil in after tax career earnings can go A LONG way.

18 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

None of us know his end game.  There's a big difference between making $700k to spend time with your family or $~2 mil to go through a football season.  Guys have walked away from much more money at younger ages recently.  I know nothing personally about Barnidge, but if he's just a quiet guy from Kentucky ~$ 6 mil in after tax career earnings can go A LONG way.

I get ya on that, Chuck.