Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We do agree that the Bills will probably use a high draft pick on a qb in this draft. So on that issue we are in accord. That's not to say that there won't be a surprise free agent pickup (not Cousins) who might allow us to get a qb prospect in a lower round. 

As of yet the Bills haven't picked up Taylor's option. I'm not as sure as you are that they will so. I said it before and I will say it again: Peterman is more likely to be on the roster than Taylor. Don't assume that the Charger game was a disqualifying game for how Peterman is perceived by the staff. I strongly believe that the TT era is over with. You believe less so.  We shall see. 

side note: http://gogriffs.com/watch/?Archive=3356&type=Archive

There is no option to pick up. He is under contract, and due a $6M bonus on March 16th. I think what you mean to say is 'As of yet the Bills haven't cut Taylor to save $6M.'

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We do agree that the Bills will probably use a high draft pick on a qb in this draft. So on that issue we are in accord. That's not to say that there won't be a surprise free agent pickup (not Cousins) who might allow us to get a qb prospect in a lower round. 

As of yet the Bills haven't picked up Taylor's option. I'm not as sure as you are that they will so. I said it before and I will say it again: Peterman is more likely to be on the roster than Taylor. Don't assume that the Charger game was a disqualifying game for how Peterman is perceived by the staff. I strongly believe that the TT era is over with. You believe less so.  We shall see. 

side note: http://gogriffs.com/watch/?Archive=3356&type=Archive

I would agree that it is more likely that Peterman is on the Roster, come September, than Taylor. But, it seems more likely that if Peterman were on the roster, it would be as third string, a role that Taylor's contract precludes.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I would be ok with a cheaper Fitz (just no long throws) , hope Peterman might start , sit a drafted QB . Depends on Vikings QBs also in free agency. 

I'm just ready to move on from Taylor, he might have a long career as a backup . 

As long as the drafted QB has good potential not worried about making the playoffs in 2018. 

...LOL...he's been in Buffalo quite a bit of late...house hunting???.........Peterman needs a helluva lot more work although he does show some promise with the speed/mental aspect of the game early on....forget all of the TT stats which are easily manipulated to prove one's point or disprove another......prefer to look at situational football.....the "run first" moniker is Asinine 101.....we have ONE stallion in the stable followed by Mr. Ed's...Shady goes down and then what Wilbur?......we need a balanced offense....the passing game needs to be a continual and viable threat WEEKLY as part of the game plan....is it now?.......down by 7 in the 4th with 2:28 left, are you confident that TT could execute the 2 minute drill to march this club down the field to tie this bad boy up (and don't tell me about Rodgers being < .500)?.........Belichick always talks about the "3 phases".....so if ST and D are clicking, but offense is stagnating, say the running game is shutdown, are you confident that TT could step up the passing game to bring home the "W"?.....if Buffalo was in the recent SB versus Eagles and the same shootout entailed with Foles leading charge, are you confident that TT could counter to keep us in the game?......

40 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

There is no option to pick up. He is under contract, and due a $6M bonus on March 16th. I think what you mean to say is 'As of yet the Bills haven't cut Taylor to save $6M.'

That is correct. The terminology isn't precise but the point is clear. 

47 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

In the second half of that game (which I attended), the coaching staff made the change back to Taylor. That wasn't serendipity either. It was based on Peterman's performance. When Taylor played that second half, against the same defense playing at the same intensity, the difference was remarkable. The Bills looked like two deferent teams. 

The Bills are not going to cut Taylor because they have Peterman on the roster. Peterman is not a viable starting QB.

How did the six year veteran look in the playoff game with Jacksonville? 

59 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Bills are not going to cut Taylor because they have Peterman on the roster. Peterman is not a viable starting QB.

If they cut or trade Taylor the Bills will have to sign another bridge QB . Just Hoping Peterman will make progress does not make him the starting QB

The theory is they will draft a QB with future starting potential or a Viking FA that can start.

This "leaked " information about TT might also have a use in signing non QB FA's.

I would imagine it would be hard to attract FA's with nobody under contract except Peter-Man.

I still believe that TT will not taking a snap as a Buffalo Bill in the 2018 regular season.

I do like how Beane has everyone guessing!

43 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think the idea of starting Nasty Nate over Hotrod sounds as ridiculous as a cross between a skit by Soupy Sales and a song by Spike Jones. 

A guy who continually refers to Tyrod as Hotrod shouldn't start a conversation about what sounds ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Bills are going to eat the 6 mill bonus and wait for trade offers from other teams (likely they will get something).....at that point it costs 10 mill i believe to take him which will happen......I can see him going to Denver or even possibly cleveland/arizona.......than hopefully we can start new threads and lam-blast our new QB.......byw i seriously doubt and hope that they dont put peterman as our starter....

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I think the idea of starting Nasty Nate over Hotrod sounds as ridiculous as a cross between a skit by Soupy Sales and a song by Spike Jones. 

The youngsters on this board don't have a clue what your talking about. :)

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Does that count if he wins it like Rob Johnson?

Tyrod Taylor already won a SB as Flacco's backup.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, JohnC said:

You've lost your mind with your bizarre Tyrophobia.

Signing Vontae Davis to a one year deal doesn't necessarily mean A LOT........but it does indicate they probably aren't interested in going 2-14 with Nate Peterman at QB so that you don't get nauseous when Tyrod converts a third down with his legs.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, reddogblitz said:

lol this sounds like a Dennis Miller joke from when he did Monday Night Football, just need to add "babe" on the end.

Edited by LA Grant

On 2/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Here is a somewhat interesting idea.  Trade TT to Browns for Kizer.  WHAT?

Kizer was a 2nd round pick last year and while he didn't have a great year, he was a rookie.

6' 4", 230 lbs, Strong arm, capable runner.  Lots of potential.  I do not know how he compares to this years QB crop but I am sure others on this forum can offer expertise.  Bills would still need a bridge QB but Maybe that would be a way to go and use the draft capital to build the foundation for a  contending team for years to come.