Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If he struggled like that against a legitimate, tough SEC defense in a bowl game, what do you think is going to happen to him when he gets to the NFL and has to go up against defenses that are 10 times as tougher, faster and stronger than that?  Also, did Jackson even have to make pre-snap reads in Petrino's offense?

Yes because no QB from college every had a game against a good SEC defense in college then did go on to have a productive NFL career.

You cannot take a one sample of one game and make this evaluation...you have to look at it as a whole.

Go back and research further....he was not running RPO plays in college.....would probably actually run more in the NFL.....and he got better as a passer every year.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm okay with Jackson at 21 and I'm okay with Tyrod in Buffalo another year. As much as I want Cousins or Keenum, not a chance that happens, we don't have the cap room to make that happen, so why dump our starting QB? 

WHY!!!!??!???!?!?!  Because he can run around like a headless chicken and throw the ball 80 yards with the flick of his wrist?  That is, when he has a perfectly clean pocket, no pressure, and receivers that don't have any defensive backs within 15 yards of them??????

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is smart. As I've said all along, there's No reason to dump him unless it's for an upgrade. It keeps the locker room happy too.

Plus, Paying his bonus would definitely make a trade easier I'd think.

It eats into the Bills cap this year but 2018 is already a big mess with tons of dead money, so why not try to maximize an asset (if he's traded)?

This also makes the Bills look less desperate to move on from him, therefore may help up any potential offers. 

And if the plan is to draft a QB, it probably makes the most sense to just keep Tyrod this year anyway. 

Anyone but the extremists realizes that this is a prudent course.  You don't make a change at QB just for the sake of it because it can always be worse. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

WHY!!!!??!???!?!?!  Because he can run around like a headless chicken and throw the ball 80 yards with the flick of his wrist?  That is, when he has a perfectly clean pocket, no pressure, and receivers that don't have any defensive backs within 15 yards of them??????

You should research more.  You are not seeing what scouts are seeing.

If you ask me TT is just too similar to him hence the hate

Great move and good forward thinking on the Bills part. As I have said all off-season getting rid of him without a clear upgrade on the roster is setting yourself up to fail. 

Paying $6 million dollars is not a guarantee he's staying. It is a guarantee we won't end up with (and yes, there is) a worse option. With all the available QBs this year I don't think they would find a trade partner quickly for his services and cutting him just leaves Peterman as the only QB under contract until FA begins. It's a small sum of money in the grand scheme of things.

All that said, I still expect an upgrade to be found and TT to be cut/traded soon after. This changes nothing in my eyes.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So basically - they're gonna pay the $6 mil so the team trading for him will only pay the $10 mil base salary. Cheaper deal makes him more attractive. And they can't very well move a player that everyone knows will be cut.

This changes nothing IMO.

While I like the lamentation of some of our fav anti TT people here

This is what I believe to......

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Jackson is malleable, that's why. He has a big arm, is an electrifying runner, I like him. I think most people dislike him because of the whole 'black guys can't play QB' argument. Look past skin color, Jackson is more like Deshaun Watson than he is Geno Smith.

• Like (+1) 2