Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The problem is the Bills goal is to win. They are coming off of a playoff season. They aren’t trying to take lumps. They want to have as complete a team and hopefully hit on the QB. 

you're quick. had to edit OP some. hey man, you never know, the rook could be ready to take those lumps and may do well.

a lot of ifs and a lot of speculation but it's what makes the off season.

think this one was good to 

submit.jpg

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No matter how much disdain anyone has for Tyrod, he makes the most sense to be the BRIDGE guy for whatever rookie we draft over a FA.  

1. He already knows the team, players, and most the coaches and he is a good teammate and leader with the players who works his butt off
  2. But MOST importantly, he would ONLY be under contract ONE more season and then next year we can sign an inexpensive backup or have cheap Peterman backup whatever rookie we draft this year.  
  3. If we were to cut Tyrod and sign a quality Vet, its going to probably require at least a 2 year contract as there will be competition for their services and that deal is also going to be as much, if not more, as Tyrods.  So when our rookie becomes our starter during his first year or to start the 2nd year, we are going to have more cap space sunk into a bench QB where as Tyrods deal comes off the books with no dead cap space hit.  

So who cares who the bridge QB is, might as well roll with a guy who knows the team, is liked by his teammates, has a winning record, and just led the Bills to the playoffs with a team friendly contract that comes off the books at the end of the year.

2019 would have a dead cap hit?

Id rather not have playoffs than a drek 3 point loss and out as well.

easily one of the worst playoff games i can remember...

just like carlin on wfan reminds me of everyday,

"at no point did i think either team was going to score points

at any point in that game"

Neither did I

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Peterman wouldn’t be on my roster for one. Tyrod works harder than anyone on that team. He studies his butt off and is literally the first guy in and the last to leave. He has been a total professional even when he maybe shouldn’t have been. That is exactly the example that you want a rookie to follow. 

...yes I agree,,,,the 5th round rook has had an insurmountable amount of time to show his wares and woefully failed....good Lord, the fickle get fickler.....the "One & Done Gang" strikes again......the WELCOME mat is out for Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, etc or whoever else wants to sidestep the TBD pigeon crap.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're quick. had to edit OP some. hey man, you never know, the rook could be ready to take those lumps and may do well.

a lot of ifs and a lot of speculation but it's what makes the off season.

think this one was good to 

submit.jpg

Yeah, I don’t know what is coming but I kind of trust these guys. They did some things that I agreed with even if they didn’t all work. They added Thompson and Benjamin because they realized the receivers weren’t good. They dumped Dennison because he was bad. They sent Zay to the bench despite investing a lot in him. They have done some things that a lot of young regimes don’t do, admitted their mistakes. That’s a big deal to me. Rex would have drown with his idiot brother. These guys are confident enough to admit mistakes and move one. That is a good thing IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Well that's an EXTREME disappointment.

If that clown starts the season, it's an abject failure.

Bills might feel the same way actually.
But it is wise to keep  your pal TT for most of the reasons stated above.

Have faith . Lets hope Bills FO are smarter than what we have had in , dare i say , decades nearly?

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yes I agree,,,,the 5th round rook has had an insurmountable amount of time to show his wares and woefully failed....good Lord, the fickle get fickler.....the "One & Done Gang" strikes again......the WELCOME mat is out for Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, etc or whoever else wants to sidestep the TBD pigeon crap.....

If I have Tyrod and Darnold (for example) where does that leave Peterman? As a 3rd stringer that has no chance of ever being the starter?  The Saints cut Garrett Grayson after a year and he was a 3rd (or something like that). If you have no future with the team there is no reason to waste the roster spot. 5th round picks flame out all of the time. It’s not rare. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I don’t know what is coming but I kind of trust these guys. They did some things that I agreed with even if they didn’t all work. They added Thompson and Benjamin because they realized the receivers weren’t good. They dumped Dennison because he was bad. They sent Zay to the bench despite investing a lot in him. They have done some things that a lot of young regimes don’t do, admitted their mistakes. That’s a big deal to me. Rex would have drown with his idiot brother. These guys are confident enough to admit mistakes and move one. That is a good thing IMO.

Agreed on all fronts. I'm reserved until after draft day. If they don't properly address the QB position I will become a complete jerk/asshat though towards the FO. Fair warning I guess. I have a feeling this FO gets what it takes to be successful though. 

Edited by Real McCoy

This offense truly revolves around the Running Back, McCoy. Not Tyrod Taylor. That's how we put up points. I don't care about TDs because we will get them anyway as long as McCoy is healthy. He opens up the offense options, not Tyrod.

I'm 99 percent sure Tyrod is gone in the future. There's an expiration date for everything, including Tyrod. We still got to get a QB who can get the first downs with the passing (Beane and company knows this), and again, Tyrod proved to most of us that he cannot do that consistently. That's why he was benched TWICE. Oh yeah, he will be gone one way or another. The head coach doesn't even trust him.

I'm fine with Tyrod QBing for us next season since he's just a bridge QB. Lamar Jackson or whoever will be the next QB here after Tyrod in 2020. If we didn't make the playoffs, Tyrod would have been released.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

This offense truly revolves around the Running Back, McCoy. Not Tyrod Taylor. That's how we put up points. I don't care about TDs because we will get them anyway as long as McCoy is healthy. He opens up the offense options, not Tyrod.

I'm 99 percent sure Tyrod is gone in the future. There's an expiration date for everything, including Tyrod. We still got to get a QB who can get the first downs with the passing (Beane and company knows this), and again, Tyrod proved to most of us that he cannot do that consistently. That's why he was benched TWICE. Oh yeah, he will be gone one way or another. The head coach doesn't even trust him.

I'm fine with Tyrod QBing for us next season since he's just a bridge QB. Lamar Jackson or whoever will be the next QB here after Tyrod in 2020. If we didn't make the playoffs, Tyrod would have been released.

When was the second time that he was benched? Surely not the week 17 game, against the Jets,  that we wanted to lose,  when he had an injury guarantee in his contract right?

31 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Or....they are preparing for what could happen like a diaster like everything goes wrong in free agency and the draft at qb

because that COULD happen

Yes

26 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That is true.  That makes it a $6M insurance policy.  That isn’t that bad in comparison to the cap limit.

Yes

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve thought that Tyrod would be gone this whole offseason. It sure feels like Beane and company are being extremely cautious. That is probably the most responsible route. I expected them to throw caution to the wind. It doesn’t sound like that’s the case. They are very methodical. 

Yes

They are not going to go into FA with only Peter-Man.

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve thought that Tyrod would be gone this whole offseason. It sure feels like Beane and company are being extremely cautious. That is probably the most responsible route. I expected them to throw caution to the wind. It doesn’t sound like that’s the case. They are very methodical. 

perhaps now we are better able to feel what " The Process " is actually ?

Most fans  cannot wait as patience , focus and diligence become employed full by 1BD ?
I can .

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When was the second time that he was benched? Surely not the week 17 game, against the Jets,  that we wanted to lose,  when he had an injury guarantee in his contract right?

That is the second time. The official reason for Tyrod's benching never came out. Injury guarantee (or whatever it was), it looks bad on Tyrod's career anyway. Simply, he still got benched. A top 10 QB will not be benched like that. Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady will not get their butts embarrassed in that manner regardless of the contract terms.

We lost that game and it didn't even matter. What did it add up to? A higher draft pick? I can't recall.