Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't care if Jackson was better in 2017 than he was when he won the Heisman in 2016 (reality check: Manziel, Tebow, Leinart and Jason White won the Heisman too).  Bottom line, Jackson is nothing more than a taller version of Tyrod Taylor and would need the right offensive coordinator and offensive scheme to even have a chance of succeeding in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Tyrod + Lamar Jackson = worst case scenario, as they are pretty much the same player; Jackson just happens to be a bit taller.

Can't wait!!!! One QB who's more seasoned and can't be a real QB and then another one with the same skill set 7 years younger.

Championship!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That sounds like a part of it. From what he said it was basically that the Bills are just going to walk away without another plan in place. They won’t cut Tyrod to go try to find someone. If they have someone then they can try to trade him. 

So....basically they are doing it right

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

I don't care if Jackson was better in 2017 than he was when he won the Heisman in 2016 (reality check: Manziel, Tebow, Leinart and Jason White won the Heisman too).  Bottom line, Jackson is nothing more than a taller version of Tyrod Taylor and would need the right offensive coordinator and offensive scheme to even have a chance of succeeding in the NFL.

Well, we do have a new offensive coordinator that is fresh out of the college game...

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

You just described the majority of NFL quarterbacks

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

and?

If he struggled like that against a legitimate, tough SEC defense in a bowl game, what do you think is going to happen to him when he gets to the NFL and has to go up against defenses that are 10 times as tougher, faster and stronger than that?  Also, did Jackson even have to make pre-snap reads in Petrino's offense?

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's no sense in cutting him outright until we are sure we have his replacement. So I like this plan.

Exactly, we do not want to downgrade the QB position. We may release him if we sign a good free agent or trade up in the draft. 

Edited by billspro

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is smart. As I've said all along, there's No reason to dump him unless it's for an upgrade. It keeps the locker room happy too.

Plus, Paying his bonus would definitely make a trade easier I'd think.

It eats into the Bills cap this year but 2018 is already a big mess with tons of dead money, so why not try to maximize an asset (if he's traded)?

This also makes the Bills look less desperate to move on from him, therefore may help up any potential offers. 

And if the plan is to draft a QB, it probably makes the most sense to just keep Tyrod this year anyway. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was just going to post this. I happened to be watching it. It’s starting to look like Tyrod and a rookie to me. 

I'm rooting against you. They may be making him more tradable. 

side note: Good win at Niagara. Great win in a great basketball environment. 

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was just going to post this. I happened to be watching it. It’s starting to look like Tyrod and a rookie to me. 

Makes more sense than 2-3 years of Bradford at a big deal, Tyrods dead money on top and a rookie 

unless you are getting something for Tyrod— the 1 year contract and lack of dead money put him ahead the other guys that aren’t much better (if at all)

• Like (+1) 3